Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's financial results (waiting, waiting, waiting...)

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
this is why its taking so long.........a slow cooking of the books....

cook-the-books.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With crowds of 13,000 last season and little corporate income, they will show a loss in the £m's, like almost every other Football League club.

Where could the magic trading income have come from by June 2012, for the accounts to show anything other than a large loss?

The attendance figures can be misleading as they had several Groupon offers which only brings in a fiver a ticket after the commission is taken off plus all the free tickets given to schoolkids throughout the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With crowds of 13,000 last season and little corporate income, they will show a loss in the £m's, like almost every other Football League club.

Where could the magic trading income have come from by June 2012, for the accounts to show anything other than a large loss?

Very reasonable forecast, but don't forget that with minimal maintenance, Selhurst costs about 2p a week to run :lolol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

As I previously said on this thread, around £2/3 million loss.
Which is pretty good going I think .

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
small crowds when knocking on the premierships door - imagine if they were in the bottom 6 - i imagine 8k crowds?

a shambles of a club - best put down really.....

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm expecting a £3-5m loss.

Which will be lower when announced again in 12 months time, with or without the Zaha money.
Reading the BBS, I thought that the Zaha money was gong to be used for paying back the directors, strengthening the squad and building new stands, in the way only Crystal Palace can make money spread!

Best of luck with it being much lower next season, unless it is to become another penny in the pound season. When for the third time in just over a decade you will be completely debt free for a season or two.

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ipswich 17m
Middlesbrough 10m ( with a parachute)
Albion 9m

Palace 2-3m ??? Who knows, but less than likely to be honest.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Reading the BBS, I thought that the Zaha money was gong to be used for paying back the directors, strengthening the squad and building new stands, in the way only Crystal Palace can make money spread!

Best of luck with it being much lower next season, unless it is to become another penny in the pound season. When for the third time in just over a decade you will be completely debt free for a season or two.
I'm talking about this season's finance record which will be released next season.

We've also had much higher attendances this season, and got quite a bit of shite off the wage bill. We also gained money from the Moses move from Wigan to Chelsea as well as the Clyne sale to Southampton.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ipswich 17m
Albion 9m

The previous season 2010/11, they honoured all the season ticket sales that Jordan banked, and announced a £5 mill lose.
The 2011/12 season they had the benefit of st monies, plus the cup run.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ipswich 17m
Albion 9m

Following our move up to the Championship, we've been buying players, whereas Palace have been in a position to sell players. And while they have a decent first 11, their 2nd 11 is weak and cheap. They shouldn't be losing too much.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I'm talking about this season's finance record which will be released next season.

We've also had much higher attendances this season, and got quite a bit of shite off the wage bill. We also gained money from the Moses move from Wigan to Chelsea as well as the Clyne sale to Southampton.
Ok lets talk the following season, which is even more crucial with FFP coming in.
You are going to pay back the directors, they have said they have put in £10 miill to cover losses.(Which could be £15mill by then)
You are going to rebuild Selhurst.
You have started already increasing player wages with Murray, do you think the likes of Jedinak and Speroni won't want some of the same. The spiral has started.
Your crowds have only increased significantly when it is a Groupon day, bring a mate for fiver or Family days, kids for a quid, like todays game. That's not extra revenue, it is papering over the poor attendance cracks.
Where is the revenue coming from to cover having only three sides to the ground if you ever do start to rebuild Selhurst.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Ipswich 17m
Albion 9m

If 2-3 mill is the figure then there will have been some serious manipulation. Enough maybe for an auditing company to resign?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here