Palace will make the playoffs - If they keep Zaha in Janurary..

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
..according to a Nigel at work.

I just can't see it. Am I being overly critical of them? They've been good recently but I can see their form dropping off. Especially with a couple of injuries or suspensions. We on the other hand have a stronger squad and the ability to cover key positions bar, perhaps, an out and out striker. I don't believe that's a privilege befitting many teams at this level.

Palace, class or just a bit of form?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They are the form team, and I suspect Zaha maybe coming a great player.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
..according to a Nigel at work.

I just can't see it. Am I being overly critical of them? They've been good recently but I can see their form dropping off. Especially with a couple of injuries or suspensions. We on the other hand have a stronger squad and the ability to cover key positions bar, perhaps, an out and out striker. I don't believe that's a privilege befitting many teams at this level.

Palace, class or just a bit of form?

I don't see enough of them to comment with any authority. They've definitely shown a lot of fight recently, coming from 2 goals behind on at least 2 occasions to win. They seem to have hit a rich vein of form though, as are currently looking very potent up front.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just a bit of form!

Palace fans were shitting themselves at the beginning of the season!

They have just hit a great bit of form! They must be gutted with the international break

Sadly, I can see nothing at all that makes me think they won't make the play off's if they keep Zaha and possibly even without him.

They are a different team to last year according to a Palace fan I know, he even had them tipped to go down.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How the hell is anyone here supposed to know if they are going to make it? Lets see how reliant they are on the soon-to-be Wigan starlet. It'll be interesting to see how they cope if he gets injured or suspended.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its possible but dont forget last season like we did Palace briefly flirted with top spot.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
they are the form team at the moment thats for sure and I am pretty glad we are not due to play then next. Saying that I think we will come good again and be the better side, but it worries me lack of goals when CMS is not in the squad, where Palace seem to have goals all over the place.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just a bit of form!

Palace fans were shitting themselves at the beginning of the season!

They have just hit a great bit of form! They must be gutted with the international break

Yep, I thought the same. Whereas I think we need it to take stock and get CMS back from injury!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Palace seem to have goals all over the place.

Really?

Every goal they score seems to be either Zaha, or Murray, or a Murray penalty won with a Zaha dive?

Their run of form has been sensational though. They deserve plenty of credit for it. I'm genuinely impressed - they have nothing more than an average squad, and have put together some brilliant results against some very good teams. Anyone denying them any credit for that is being a bit silly, tbh.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
They are on a run of form just like we were, It will end and they will probably finish just above mid table. An injury to Zaha and they will be truly f***ed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They're still conceding a lot of goals against some pretty shit sides. I think that'll come back to bite them at some point.

Conceded:

vs Watford - 3
vs Barnsley - 4
vs Preston - 4
vs Burnley - 3

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They've had a tremendous run of results of late, but little more than a month ago half of them were calling for Dougie's head. Its a decent run of form, just as we had after the first couple of games, but its still not much of an indicator as to where they will finish up. One minute they're cacking it about being relegated, next thing they're playoff certs ? The truth, as ever, will be somewhere in the middle. As it will be for ourselves I suspect.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone who thinks they can predict the league table with 36 matches to go is simply a fool.

Stranger things have happened than Palace plummeting down the table.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If they weren't conceding by the bucketload I'd agree, but until they can tighten up defensively I can't see them making the play offs personally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports