Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace will make the playoffs - If they keep Zaha in Janurary..

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
..according to a Nigel at work.

I just can't see it. Am I being overly critical of them? They've been good recently but I can see their form dropping off. Especially with a couple of injuries or suspensions. We on the other hand have a stronger squad and the ability to cover key positions bar, perhaps, an out and out striker. I don't believe that's a privilege befitting many teams at this level.

Palace, class or just a bit of form?

Well your recent results or comments from an Albion friend of mine don't seem to back that up do they.

Pity you have to use the term Nigel, however I think he's probably right about Zaha.

For your information we have already been without key players and done ok, even when fit DF has changed the team around, in my opinion we now have players on the bench who can change games, I can't honestly remember the last time that happened.

We have as much chance of reaching the play-offs as a dozen or so other clubs.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Great run of results no doubt, but the wins have all been by the odd goal. They've not dominated any team and have just managed to win 4-3 at home against a team that we beat away 3-1.

I would still fancy our chances of they were the first game after the international break.

Yes we have

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
If you're not conceding goals and you lose form, you draw games. If you're shipping goals and you lose form, you plummet down the league. I don't see them in the playoffs.

You are right of course, but how many games have been played ?

The defence will improve, for the first time we have cover for all positions.

The goals will continue, but losing Zaha would affect that.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well your recent results or comments from an Albion friend of mine don't seem to back that up do they.

Pity you have to use the term Nigel, however I think he's probably right about Zaha.

For your information we have already been without key players and done ok, even when fit DF has changed the team around, in my opinion we now have players on the bench who can change games, I can't honestly remember the last time that happened.

We have as much chance of reaching the play-offs as a dozen or so other clubs.

A term for the rivals, much like the 'hilarious' 'seaweed' that I've seen in the past.

Yes you've done very well so far. I'm impressed. I wouldn't compare it to our situation directly though, as the only position I don't think we have strength in depth is CF. I did state that quite clearly, so I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

You're right in that there are a mighty group of teams that could make the play offs.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
They are on a run we can only dream of; a classic case of 'we're gonna score one more than you'. Exciting to watch - only a matter of time before they get the crowds back in. Good luck to 'em.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What has set Palace up is their ability to give teams a 2 goal lead and then come back from it but how long will that continue before clubs start taking a lead and shut up shop to stop this happening.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I reckon Zaha - who is obviously a bloody good player - will hit the Premier League at just about the same time the powers to be finally get their act together and do something about all this diving and cheating. Could be fun with this Tom Daley wannabe.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yet in your 5 league wins you've not beaten anybody by more than 1 goal?

In all the excitement of winning those 5 games i kinda forgot the winning margins , cheers mate .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here