Palace V Wigan

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe a good crowd.

Mate of mine showed me his ticket £10 entrance fee.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
15.5k and 16k may disagree

Gills was obviously a high crowd because of it being the first Amex night game, Sunderland was a chance to see us against Premiership opposition but I don't think anyone would have been too distraught had we lost either one of those games

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
And all that while still missing 2 starting Defenders including the best RB in the league, rarely using Murray due to the form of Easter, Scannell and Zaha, and Ambrose falling off the face of the Earth in terms of ability.

Sorry but you can't use that as an excuse. Every team has injuries. And what sort of excuse is not playing Murray because your other players are doing well? Even though they can't be doing that well as you're 6 points off the pace. Maybe if Murray played you might have won a couple more games? Bad management? I have seen a lot of comments slating Freedman and his tactics from Palace fans.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Sorry but you can't use that as an excuse. Every team has injuries. And what sort of excuse is not playing Murray because your other players are doing well? Even though they can't be doing that well as you're 6 points off the pace. Maybe if Murray played you might have won a couple more games? Bad management? I have seen a lot of comments slating Freedman and his tactics from Palace fans.
Well, since he's only been fit for the last 2 games since Peterborough and scored in one of them and drew a top save out of the Leeds keeper with a 30 yard volley in the other with his first touch, i'd say Freedman's doing the right thing. We're yet to fail to score a goal. We scored 2 without Murray on Saturday and should have had more.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well, since he's only been fit for the last 2 games since Peterborough and scored in one of them and drew a top save out of the Leeds keeper with a 30 yard volley in the other with his first touch, i'd say Freedman's doing the right thing. We're yet to fail to score a goal. We scored 2 without Murray on Saturday and should have had more.

True. Just interesting seeing all the criticisms of Freedman for his 2nd half tactics away from home (Peterborough and Leeds away in particular). Unfortunately you've bought a player that will miss quite a few games through injury so although he will score goals for you, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out for quite a few games.

So it's either your defence is a problem (no decent squad depth), despite having one of, if not the best goalkeeper in the league, or Freedman is getting the balance wrong

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Losing to Peterborough was poor.
Beating Burnley with ease.
Destroying Coventry but relying on 2 late goals.
Beating Hull.
Drawing with Blackpool with what Holloway said was their best performance in their hardest game so far?
And then losing to Leeds in a game where every Leeds fan, player and coach admitted that we deserved a draw at the very least and should have had a last minute penalty.

And all that while still missing 2 starting Defenders including the best RB in the league, rarely using Murray due to the form of Easter, Scannell and Zaha, and Ambrose falling off the face of the Earth in terms of ability.

Wants away - wants to join a Club with a better level of excuses :D

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I can see the lot up the road sneaking it 1-0 , which is GOOD as it means they have the same run in next week as we do.

as for attendance , who actually gives a shit?

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
True. Just interesting seeing all the criticisms of Freedman for his 2nd half tactics away from home (Peterborough and Leeds away in particular). Unfortunately you've bought a player that will miss quite a few games through injury so although he will score goals for you, I wouldn't be surprised to see him out for quite a few games.

So it's either your defence is a problem (no decent squad depth), despite having one of, if not the best goalkeeper in the league, or Freedman is getting the balance wrong
No squad depth is correct in terms of defence only. Clyne got hurt and is replaced by Ramage (loan). Gardner isn't fit and has been replaced by Tunchev (loan). Moxey was suspended for the 1st 4 games and was replaced by McGivern (loan but gone back). However, we have 2 very capable Academy CBs inc the England U17 captain, but the idea is that we don't want to rush them into the team.

I criticised Freedman's tactics at Peterborough as he sat back and it wasn't happening when we had a defence where 3 of the players were signed on the Friday.

Leeds, we kept pushing and kept pushing forwards. But conceded 2 pathetic set piece goals, both due to Tunchev's inability to either mark or header at the same time. If the Leeds keeper hadn't made a few quality saves, it would have been over. We'll play a lot worse in other games and win easily.

Murray has missed 3 games from 7, been on the bench for 3 (the last 3 inc C.Cup) and started the opening game where he was taken out by a Boro defender.

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Deservedly Losing to Peterborough.
Luckily Beating Burnley.
Luckily beating Coventry relying on 2 lucky late goals.
Beating Hull, luckily
Drawing with Blackpool with what Holloway said was their 2nd best performance, after the performance in the brighton game which was hardest game so far.
And then losing to Leeds.

Edited for accuracy :)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No squad depth is correct in terms of defence only. Clyne got hurt and is replaced by Ramage (loan). Gardner isn't fit and has been replaced by Tunchev (loan). Moxey was suspended for the 1st 4 games and was replaced by McGivern (loan but gone back). However, we have 2 very capable Academy CBs inc the England U17 captain, but the idea is that we don't want to rush them into the team.

I criticised Freedman's tactics at Peterborough as he sat back and it wasn't happening when we had a defence where 3 of the players were signed on the Friday.

Leeds, we kept pushing and kept pushing forwards. But conceded 2 pathetic set piece goals, both due to Tunchev's inability to either mark or header at the same time. If the Leeds keeper hadn't made a few quality saves, it would have been over. We'll play a lot worse in other games and win easily.

Murray has missed 3 games from 7, been on the bench for 3 (the last 3 inc C.Cup) and started the opening game where he was taken out by a Boro defender.

How long is Clyne out for? Was looking forward to seeing him after hearing how highly he's rated. Guess the 27th might be too soon though? Which is probably a good thing for us. We played against McGivern at Bristol City on Saturday, he didn't seem much cop so doubt you're missing him

CPFC4Life7.

May 19, 2011
How long is Clyne out for? Was looking forward to seeing him after hearing how highly he's rated. Guess the 27th might be too soon though? Which is probably a good thing for us. We played against McGivern at Bristol City on Saturday, he didn't seem much cop so doubt you're missing him

Will apparently be fully training in two weeks, so I cannot see any way that he'll take part on the 27th. Real shame as he is absolute quality.

We'll lose tonight and I don't care. 2-1 to Wigan. Attendance will probably be 7.5K, but unlike most of you I find the whole attendance comparing ridiculous.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Will apparently be fully training in two weeks, so I cannot see any way that he'll take part on the 27th. Real shame as he is absolute quality.

We'll lose tonight and I don't care. 2-1 to Wigan. Attendance will probably be 7.5K, but unlike most of you I find the whole attendance comparing ridiculous.

Agree with that last statement.

I want you to get through so you have to play another midweek game next week!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Losing to Peterborough was poor.
Drawing with Blackpool with what Holloway said was their best performance in their hardest game so far?

I have just read a few reports on that game and cant find anything where Hooloway said anything about the difficulty of the game, can you give some evidence please?

All I can find is this from the BBC:

"Only a series of acrobatic saves from Eagles keeper Julian Speroni kept the home side in the game."

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If Palace lose I wonder how many Palace fans will be on here tomorrow ? Probably the same number as Sunday, none.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Following their win against future rivals Crawley Town tonight the Croydon Slum Dwellers take on Wigan. Be an interesting test for them and a decent yardstick as to how good (or bad) they are.

I would say 2-1 to the Premier side. Will the gate get above 10,000 ?

As i stated on another thread earlier, you lot really are obsessed with us! You wouldn't see a thread like this on the BBS I can assure you. It's obviously set up by BhaExpress as Wigan, being the Prem side are favourites and so he can gloat if they win. I'm not concerned by the result, the league is the important thing.

P.s you comment on our crowd yet ask yourselves this...if it wasn't for the Arsenal, Man U, Spurs and Chelsea fans, would your crowds exceed 8000?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports