Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Liverpool

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Have to congratulate both the manager and players of Palace who beat odds on favourites Liverpool,Great Stuff

Odds on seriously? Vast misreading of the two teams. Gerrard looked to me like he was playing in a nightmare, I think last season after "Crystambul" he finally faced the realisation that his beloved Reds would NEVER be League champions whilst he was playing. His free-kicks, his attempts to concert teed-up "blasters" on Sunday were pathetic.

And as for Skrtel that bloke should not even be in the squad, I thought his continued inclusion there madness. No wonder he's happy to stay at Anfield, no-one else wants him on that kind of performance.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Same place as Brighton's extra 10k that turned up when the Penguin built the AMEX? You know the ones who are now drifting away again...

As will yours when the hard times return ,but for some reason ours are plastic fans , and yours are not???

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
You didn't sing the entire game , at some points it sounded like the amex , am I aloud to say that
:ohmy:

There was none of the game where I wasn't singing in my little corner of Arthur Block W. All seemed fairly loud to me including just after their goal. Can only assume you've had a recent bout of labyrinthitus.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Odds on seriously? Vast misreading of the two teams. Gerrard looked to me like he was playing in a nightmare, I think last season after "Crystambul" he finally faced the realisation that his beloved Reds would NEVER be League champions whilst he was playing. His free-kicks, his attempts to concert teed-up "blasters" on Sunday were pathetic.

And as for Skrtel that bloke should not even be in the squad, I thought his continued inclusion there madness. No wonder he's happy to stay at Anfield, no-one else wants him on that kind of performance.

Gerrard's recurring nightmare is that he was the acclaimed player of his generation, the midfield lynchpin who could shoot, tackle, pass and run, but he's going to be retiring soon with fewer Premier League medals than Luke Chadwick.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Not sure , where have your new 10.000 fans come from ???

I suppose there are numerous ways to attract floating or lapsed support. One is to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds on the decor in order to get them through the doors (only to see the resultant lack of investment in the playing side cause them to drift away in a sea of ennui) - another is to gain promotion to the PL on a shoestring budget, and reap the multitudinous rewards.

Feb 14, 2010
I suppose there are numerous ways to attract floating or lapsed support. One is to spunk hundreds of millions of pounds on the decor in order to get them through the doors (only to see the resultant lack of investment in the playing side cause them to drift away in a sea of ennui) - another is to gain promotion to the PL on a shoestring budget, and reap the multitudinous rewards.

:lolol: keep making excuses for your plastic support, but it was plastic in 1984 as well

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree with some of your statement. I often compare your support to floaters.

Feb 14, 2010
You must be completely baffled by Sky's promotion of matches at Selhurst this season then.

Palace fans turn up in the top flight, shock. You didnt in the championship, needed free tickets, two for one and you have not been out of top two divisions for 30 years. Palace need top flight for a half decent crowd. Brighton dont. 28000/30000 expected down the Albion for a championship relegation scrap. Its been 30 years since palace could match that. You used to be able to do that but not any more. Well that's the evidence anyway.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Palace fans turn up in the top flight, shock. You didnt in the championship, needed free tickets, two for one and you have not been out of top two divisions for 30 years. Palace need top flight for a half decent crowd. Brighton dont. 28000/30000 expected down the Albion for a championship relegation scrap. Its been 30 years since palace could match that. You used to be able to do that but not any more. Well that's the evidence anyway.
So.... you must be completely baffled by Sky's promotion of matches at Selhurst this season then. :D

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
:lolol: keep making excuses for your plastic support, but it was plastic in 1984 as well

Even if you were real, and correct, would it really make you feel better?

Even so, I applaud your enthusiasm regarding relegation scraps at the foot of the. Championship. One can only hope on your behalf that Brighton drop through the divisions into non-league, whereupon they can truly make you proud as attendance records tumble whilst Brighton fight to remain in the Conference South.

That would show 'em

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here