Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Hull

Who would you rather won in this game

• Total voters

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If we then win our game in hand on Tuesday we're within 3 points of 2nd place with 7 games to go. And we'll be the form team.

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Leicester 37 64
5 Brighton 37 15 64
6 Crystal Palace 37 63

That said if we don't win these games we won't!

9 games, surely?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Palace obviously.

With regards to the above speculation I genuinely think you'll do ok until March 17th. Then you'll lose to us and wont recover, the post-mortem will be more hideous than ever and this will translate to the players on the pitch in the following games and the season will turn into 'what might have been' while you gently return back to 8th or 9th.

You will see a crowd on the seventeenth. That will be nice for you.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Oh and by the way, Brizzle's recent home form is excellent - won the last 5 on the bounce. You'll do well to get something there.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Current:
1 Cardiff 34 20 70
2 Hull 35 12 65
3 Watford 35 25 63
4 Crystal Palace 35 19 61
5 Leicester 34 27 57
6 Brighton 34 15 55

By Saturday evening if we win both games against inferior sides, and Leicester get 4 points against SW and Leeds, a draw between Hull and Palace would see this:

IF
Next two games points:
Brighton 6
Hull 2
Waford 4
Palace 2
Leicester 4
Cardiff 3 (from 1 game)

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Crystal Palace 37 63
5 Leicester 36 15 61
6 Brighton 36 61

If we then win our game in hand on Tuesday we're within 3 points of 2nd place with 7 games to go. And we'll be the form team.

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Leicester 37 64
5 Brighton 37 15 64
6 Crystal Palace 37 63

That said if we don't win these games we won't!

Righ so if we win every game we might make second right-oh.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
You will see a crowd on the seventeenth. That will be nice for you.

Why will it ? Oh, do you go to football matches to 'see a crowd' ? How strange. Although, I guess that would explain why you dip out at 75 mins no matter what the score is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace obviously.

With regards to the above speculation I genuinely think you'll do ok until March 17th. Then you'll lose to us and wont recover, the post-mortem will be more hideous than ever and this will translate to the players on the pitch in the following games and the season will turn into 'what might have been' while you gently return back to 8th or 9th.
I wouldn't actually rule out this scenario, sadly. :(

On the other hand, YOU might get slaughtered, never recover and slide gently down to 8th or 9th - still about 6 places above where your tin pot club belongs and thus an excellent season for Crystal Plastics.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I think Palace will win this one, always seem's to be the way this season, getting the results not many people are expecting of them.

Not many people are expecting a Palace win tonight?

The bookies disagree. Our home form is exceptional and we'll be fired up for the game knowing that a win will put us 1 or 2 points off second depending on how Watford do.

Sorry Weeds, you have very little chance of automatic promotion. It's between Cardiff, Hull, Palace and Watford. Tonight should be a tough test but we're expected to win and I'm hoping we will.

FWIW it seems like you'll be in the top 6 come the end of the season. The teams outside the top 5 have been really average for most of the season, so it'd be hard work NOT to finish in the playoff spots.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wouldn't actually rule out this scenario, sadly. :(

On the other hand, YOU might get slaughtered, never recover and slide gently down to 8th or 9th - still about 6 places above where your tin pot club belongs and thus an excellent season for Crystal Plastics.

If this occurred , Palace fans would still say they had a better season than us because they beat us 3-0 with an extra man at Smellhurst. :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

The bookies disagree. Our home form is exceptional and we'll be fired up for the game knowing that a win will put us 1 or 2 points off second depending on how Watford do.

Sorry Weeds, you have very little chance of automatic promotion. It's between Cardiff, Hull, Palace and Watford. Tonight should be a tough test but we're expected to win and I'm hoping we will.

FWIW it seems like you'll be in the top 6 come the end of the season. The teams outside the top 5 have been really average for most of the season, so it'd be hard work NOT to finish in the playoff spots.

The best thing about Crystal Plastic playing Hull is that there is a fair to middling chance that you will be nowhere to be see on here tomorrow morning, seeing as you're only here acting the twatty Nigel gobshite that you are after you've won.

Simple fact is we're 3 points behind you if we win our game in hand. If you're in with a chance of second, so are we.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Definitely not. I think we are too far away from automatic promotion. Should Hull win tonight andthen we win the game in hand next Tuesday against Barnsley we could draw level with them when we stuff the stripey Nigels in a couple of weeks.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry Weeds, you have very little chance of automatic promotion. It's between Cardiff, Hull, Palace and Watford.

I'm bookmarking this , to join those 2 classic posts you've already made in the past about Dougie Freedman staying at Palace and Ross McCormack's (imminent) signing.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Yet they are offering 6/4 which implies a 60% chance of Palace not winning.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Sorry Weeds, you have very little chance of automatic promotion. It's between Cardiff, Hull, Palace and Watford.

You've got zero chance of automatic ... it's between Hull and Udinese B for the other slot. You want to quote the bookies then go look at the odds being offered, and they reckon Leics have more chance

Hull 10/11
Udinese B 11/10
Caravan Dwellers 2/1

See you in the play offs :wave:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yet they are offering 6/4 which implies a 60% chance of Palace not winning.
There is a pie graph on oddschecker 41.18% of most popular bets are for a Hull win , 39.22% on the draw and 19.61% for a Palace win

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
There is a pie graph on oddschecker 41.18% of most popular bets are for a Hull win , 39.22% on the draw and 19.61% for a Palace win

Tbh, I think the odious scrotes are a pretty fair price tonight. Was merely attempting to educate the interloper.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
TBH, a Palace win tonight, coupled with our own win could put us within 4 points of automatic promotion if we win our game in hand. In our current form, that gap is not insurmountable. I'd take that.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm bookmarking this , to join those 2 classic posts you've already made in the past about Dougie Freedman staying at Palace and Ross McCormack's (imminent) signing.

Your not stalking are you grimbo ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here