Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Hull

Who would you rather won in this game

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As we cannot get automatic promotion unless we win all our remaining games and other results go our way it is better for Hull to take the 3 points and hope Leeds do the same on Saturday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A draw please. In my mind automatic promotion is still a remote possibility on the basis that if we can beat the top two then we can beat anyone, we have a squad pretty much at full-strength and there are still 12 games to go.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We just need to concentrate on winning ourselves rather than worry about other fixtures. Pretty tough run-in for most teams and we seem to have picked a bad time to play Bristol City (four home wins on the trot) and Bolton (who have picked up of late), so I'll worry about us first before looking at the other scores.

I'm more interested in the Forest and Boro scores than the Palace/Hull one.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Obviously a Hull win is the desired result.

More jitters for Palace and a big fat dent in their excellent home form. There's no way we'll get automatic. There IS a chance we'll catch our Croydon cousins.

Current:
1 Cardiff 34 20 70
2 Hull 35 12 65
3 Watford 35 25 63
4 Crystal Palace 35 19 61
5 Leicester 34 27 57
6 Brighton 34 15 55

By Saturday evening if we win both games against inferior sides, and Leicester get 4 points against SW and Leeds, a draw between Hull and Palace would see this:

IF
Next two games points:
Brighton 6
Hull 2
Waford 4
Palace 2
Leicester 4
Cardiff 3 (from 1 game)

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Crystal Palace 37 63
5 Leicester 36 15 61
6 Brighton 36 61

If we then win our game in hand on Tuesday we're within 3 points of 2nd place with 7 games to go. And we'll be the form team.

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Leicester 37 64
5 Brighton 37 15 64
6 Crystal Palace 37 63

That said if we don't win these games we won't!

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Already being discussed on the Palace vs Hull thread... Just saying.

Didn't see that thread. Have seen it now! Why do people think that we can't catch Hull and so they are rooting for a Tigers victory?

As we cannot get automatic promotion unless we win all our remaining games and other results go our way it is better for Hull to take the 3 points and hope Leeds do the same on Saturday.

Baloney. Those above us will slip up. I actually believe if we won all of our games, we would actually go up as champions.

Personally, I think we could drop a maximum of 5 points from our last 12 games and still nick 2nd. If we dropped 2 points (ie. draw one of our remaining games instead of win) I am 100% confident we would go up automatically with 89 points.

However, as Palace are also one of our rivals for 2nd place (if you are one of those who still dream about an auto place) then the best result is a draw and them both drop points.

For the record, all my thoughts are to making the play offs and I have not given the auto's a second glance. Today, my focus will be on making 5th and hopefully increasing the gap to 4 points from us NOT being in the play offs.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Already being discussed on the Palace vs Hull thread... Just saying.

I don't know which thread to post my thoughts on now, this the 3rd thread now talking about this one match hull v Palace
Oh I tell you what I won't bother coz I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYONE ELSE COZ WERE IN THE TOP 6 NOW AND IT'S IN OUR OWN HANDS OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers::shrug::rolleyes::albion2:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Current:
1 Cardiff 34 20 70
2 Hull 35 12 65
3 Watford 35 25 63
4 Crystal Palace 35 19 61
5 Leicester 34 27 57
6 Brighton 34 15 55

By Saturday evening if we win both games against inferior sides, and Leicester get 4 points against SW and Leeds, a draw between Hull and Palace would see this:

IF
Next two games points:
Brighton 6
Hull 2
Waford 4
Palace 2
Leicester 4
Cardiff 3 (from 1 game)

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Crystal Palace 37 63
5 Leicester 36 15 61
6 Brighton 36 61

If we then win our game in hand on Tuesday we're within 3 points of 2nd place with 7 games to go. And we'll be the form team.

1 Cardiff 35 73
2 Hull 37 67
3 Watford 37 67
4 Leicester 37 64
5 Brighton 37 15 64
6 Crystal Palace 37 63

That said if we don't win these games we won't!

A lot of speculation there, excellent work.

Lets just concentrate on getting in the playoffs for now, look how badly we faded away at the end of last season.

seriously as a Brighton fan you should always expect the worst.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Great - but now you have replied to this one - others are less likely to see your thought's as this one has gone to the top.

I dont know why, But that made me laugh..... A LOT !!

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Palace obviously.

With regards to the above speculation I genuinely think you'll do ok until March 17th. Then you'll lose to us and wont recover, the post-mortem will be more hideous than ever and this will translate to the players on the pitch in the following games and the season will turn into 'what might have been' while you gently return back to 8th or 9th.

Jimmy Grimble

Still got a bit of time to be conservative at this stage of the season so have gone with a draw.

Hopefully the plastic nigels get a few sendings off/bookings too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here