Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top 6 ? WTF ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With the added annual income of over 100 million Ulloa would not have even been on the radar:albion2:

What I'm saying is that we didn't go up with Ulloa, so who's to say Murray would've guaranteed it. We didn't have the same strength on the wings as Palace and probably wouldn't have played to Murray's strengths to the extent that he'd have got 25+ goals for us.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
you got to be cruel to be kind doug???
regards
DR
Ah While you're here , with imminent promotion beckoning will you be attending next season or will you be sniping from the sides whilst watching it in the pub ???

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What I'm saying is that we didn't go up with Ulloa, so who's to say Murray would've guaranteed it. We didn't have the same strength on the wings as Palace and probably wouldn't have played to Murray's strengths to the extent that he'd have got 25+ goals for us.

Murray got us 20 plus goals in our promotion season he has not been replaced we would have been promoted, Southampton did not release Lambert they had ambition we lacked it at the time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Murray got us 20 plus goals in our promotion season he has not been replaced we would have been promoted, Southampton did not release Lambert they had ambition we lacked it at the time

He got 6 goals for Palace in his first season with them, whereas CMS scored 11 for us. It was the following season he scored many goals for them. There was no guarantee he would have developed in the same way, had he stayed.

The other good news is that Palace have had many force dawns over the last 20 years, not for nothing are they known as a Yo-Yo club! As the saying goes, what goes around, comes around.

Disagree with this, they've never been relegated in all their Five years of history.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fulham did it guess anything is possible, doing well for a club barely 5 years old

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are doing very very well that cant be denied, I really thought the wheels had fallen off when I saw Charlton were 2-0 up
We're going to lose at some point, and when we do it won't mean the wheels have fallen off.

But it's a long long way to go , Don't start looking at promotion yet
The simple truth is, we probably won't get promoted. But I'm enjoying the football regardless.

I recall how many of you on Nsc were looking at how many tickets you were getting at Wembley
And how many was it exactly, since you recall the number? Not many I wouldn't think. We didn't have a lead going in to the second leg, so I doubt many thought it was a forgone conclusion.

Even a thread where is everyone going to be drinking etc:wave:
It only takes one person to start a thread, and it's fairly clear that a lot of posts here aren't overly serious. I'm sure you'll find equally presumptive threads this year, but that doesn't mean the majority of us assume we'll go up. As I said, we probably won't.

We're going to lose at some point, and when we do it won't mean the wheels have fallen off.

The simple truth is, we probably won't get promoted. But I'm enjoying the football regardless.

And how many was it exactly, since you recall the number? Not many I wouldn't think. We didn't have a lead going in to the second leg, so I doubt many thought it was a forgone conclusion.

It only takes one person to start a thread, and it's fairly clear that a lot of posts here aren't overly serious. I'm sure you'll find equally presumptive threads this year, but that doesn't mean the majority of us assume we'll go up. As I said, we probably won't.

Truth is Trigg I think you probably will :ffsparr: & if you do go up I will be on of the 1st congratulating you old school fans.
Although I hate Brighton my hat will be off for you if you make it.

If not urine will be taken:smile:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Truth is Trigg I think you probably will :ffsparr: & if you do go up I will be on of the 1st congratulating you old school fans.
Although I hate Brighton my hat will be off for you if you make it.

If not urine will be taken[emoji2]
Although I hate palace, I'd love to be taking the trip up to that rust bucket stadium of yours next year and playing you in the top flight[emoji106]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well if it happens, and you do, I'll thank you then.
If not urine will be taken:smile:
For what exactly? We won't have blown it or anything. We're currently 4th favourites and there are plenty of decent teams, and teams who have spent more than us, chasing 3 places.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Would be good for "unlikely" teams like Leicester and Palace to upset the applecart.
The same old 4 qualify each year for the CL, so a new name will dent a few ego's.
For those mocking us, look at the teams we are playing week in, week out, and compare that to the dross you are playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here