Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supporting journalist has just as little class as his club's owners

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
statto, once again your small club talk, neil ashton got it spot, brighton 1st half were outclassed
He's not suggesting they weren't.
, greer and dunk made to look pedestrian. there was a huge gulf in the sides
Again, he's not suggesting otherwise.
brighton did ok but your never gonna be the club you want brighton to be unless unless unlesss you as fans get your small time
"we hate palace" behaviour out of you. until you can support your team properly, your never ever gonna be amongst the big boys.
What? Our team get great support, but that's never going to put us amongst the big boys like Arsenal. To suggest our support is holding us back is mental.
sure, youre have days like this thats whats the cups for, so little clubs can have there moments of in the spotlight!!
:rolleyes:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like an OK report to me, gives the Albion credit where its due in several places,

Certainly streets ahead of the report of our FA Cup tie against West Ham a few years back that somehow failed to mention the Albion once!

I think the pathetic making needless Brighton/Palace digs might actually be coming from the OP. It is a perfectly good report. From my seat there today I'd agree with almost every word of that Neil Ashton summary as an objective piece for a national paper. It's not the bloody Argus. It wasn't quite the close 3-2 the scoreline suggested, there was a gulf in class. Brighton couldn't live with Arsenal in the first half, and huge credit to an inferior team for bravely sticking at it and at least giving the fans something to shout about.

Personally I would rather Neil Ashton covered our big cup games than many of the other Premier League obsessed journos. Because he supports Palace he actually knows a lot more about Brighton than the rest. He did a couple of great pieces when we knocked Man City out at Withdean.

It's a shame you have to applaud outbursts of common sense on here but very well said

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I enjoyed the spectacle, they made it look easy in the first half, and let's face it- it was. A much better second half, although they could well have scored two or three more. The report reeks of a coffee like aroma... perchance a metaphorical wake up call?

Indeed...

Greer is now all too often stood five yards 'off the pace' with that 'i'm past it' (though I'm still in the denial stage) look of exasperated disdain for his team mates ("your fault nay mine") plastered on his lined and granite like Glaswegian face.

Dunk fails to impress each time he's up against the best. Oh lewis; homely and diabolic reads your tome...

Calde and Bruno are alas beyond the vigour of youth, and meandering steadily on a gentle slope to the banks of a beautiful yet impassible river.

Bennett seems to be chasing shadows when defending, and chasing rainbows when lumbering forward. He never seems to quite 'have it.' Whatever or wherever 'it' may be.

The case for the defence indeed, I rather think we need a re-jig... Me I'd settle for a jig of yore, with a twist of Fairport and a hint of thee Bothy Band.

All around my hat.

Kosh

Last edited:

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
However, at the risk of undermining my own point, there was also:

"Danny Holla
The Dutch 27-year-old has been pivotal so far this season for Brighton. Yet his effect on this one was lost courtesy of Flamini and Ramsey, who acting as defensive midfielders, snuffed out any attack that Holla attempted to start. 5

Er, really? If pivotal means 'in and out of the side, and not often doing anything of note"...

In and out the side maybe.....

When he's been in it... we've won more than we lost.
When he's been out of it... we've lost more than we've won.

I'd say that's pretty pivotal.....!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In and out the side maybe.....

When he's been in it... we've won more than we lost.
When he's been out of it... we've lost more than we've won.

I'd say that's pretty pivotal.....!

I didn't have the stats to hand, but I'll take your word for it. I stand corrected :thumbsup:

I guess I didn't realise he'd played as much as he had. Possibly because he seemed to miss a chunk of games around November/December time...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If that had been a Brighton fan making snide digs at Palace in a national paper then the thread on here would be full of people writing pathetic little comments about how hilarious the article was and how "spot on" everything he said had been.

I really wish our fans would man up sometimes, it's pathetic.

If that had been a Brighton fan making snide digs at Palace in a national paper then the thread on here would be full of people writing pathetic little comments about how hilarious the article was and how "spot on" everything he said had been.

I really wish our fans would man up sometimes, it's pathetic.

I have to say, if I had access to the National Press, I would take every opportunity to have a little dig.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Snide palace scum spouting shit. Does he post on here?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here