Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think the sun has gone to your head mate!

I tell you what. You bounce this thread, through the season, every time a reporter in a national paper* gives Jedinak a rating of 7 or more. I won't hold my breath.

*Neil Ashton doesn't count.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Your first comment is hilarious. You've lost Bridge, Lopez, Vicente, Hammond and only brought in a left back from MK Dons. Without serious quality signings you be nowhere near the top 6 next year IMO. You're losing money as shown by your last 2 year reports and with FFP coming in, i highly doubt your be spending big.

We on the other hand have made some decent signings already but i agree, we need more as Zaha and Murray are big loses. The money is there though, we bid £5 million last week for Jon Jo Shelvey so i fully expect more players in. We will be competing to stay up in a mini league against teams like Hull, Cardiff, Villa (especially if they lose Benteke) Stoke and Sunderland. It'll be tough but nowhere near as hard as you make out.

Does upson not count as a signing for some reason?

As for bridge and Hammond, they were LOAN players so returned as per terms of the loan.

Similarly Spanish Dave's 1 year contract ended and he dragged his feet signing the offer on the table so it was withdrawn

Jon Jo Shelvey :lol::lol:

Your strikeforce consists of a 22yr old with a season in the championship and Dobbie who Swansea didn't rate at prem level. But funniest of all is Jefinak in the premier league :lol: 4 reds minimum for him next season.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Bless Chris K over the BBS. He had posted this:

"This is like the little cherry on the cake. All that bollocks of "we're the new Barcelona" followed by us signing the captain of the Spanish under 20s whilst their bloke's first signing is from MK Dons.

Yet again, Crystal Palace > Brighton"

Shame upson was signed before him.. Typical palace.

Why have no other clubs come in for him if he is that highly rated?

this coming from the team who spent 8MILLION on Dwight Gayle - Atletico Madrid got DAVID VILLA for less than that

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Given how much you all seem to love signing a Spaniard, normally completely unknown in the UK other than Vicente, how do you feel about Palace pulling off such an exciting signing?

We're all understandably quite excited at CPFC.

We get excited at the prospect of 'flair' football, whereas you lot still think of Spain as being 'exotic'.......................which when compared to Croydon it is, even with 57% youth unemployment.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I consider myself to be quite a dull, ordinary person. I have a job, I work hard, have a social life and all that. I'm dull and ordinary. Having said that: Despite my obvious averageness I have never had an urge to post on the BBS. How dull to you have to be to go and boast on another teams forum about a player you've signed?

Honestly, go and re-evaluate your life.

Very much the sum of it.

Personally I'd be quite pleased if we'd signed a young exciting Spaniard. Would I seek out other team's message boards to talk about it?

Nope. It may not be all that, but I have some kind of life.

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
this coming from the team who spent 8MILLION on Dwight Gayle - Atletico Madrid got DAVID VILLA for less than that

£8m?

:rotlf:

Do you believe everything you read on Talk Sport and Football Rumours?

Admit it, you would be delighted with Jerome Thomas, Dwight Gayle and Spain's U20 captain. Very astute business so far IMO.

As for Jedinak, it'll be incredibly interesting to see how well he gets on this season. He may not have stood out in the two games at the Amex but he dominated midfields on his own last year. With someone like Campana or Williams alongside him I think he'll do fine at a higher level.

He's no Adam Chicksen though, I'll give you that.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Your first comment is hilarious. You've lost Bridge, Lopez, Vicente, Hammond and only brought in a left back from MK Dons. Without serious quality signings you be nowhere near the top 6 next year IMO. You're losing money as shown by your last 2 year reports and with FFP coming in, i highly doubt your be spending big.

We on the other hand have made some decent signings already but i agree, we need more as Zaha and Murray are big loses. The money is there though, we bid £5 million last week for Jon Jo Shelvey so i fully expect more players in. We will be competing to stay up in a mini league against teams like Hull, Cardiff, Villa (especially if they lose Benteke) Stoke and Sunderland. It'll be tough but nowhere near as hard as you make out.

your comment is hilarious - our money is here - just because we are making a loss, it doesnt mean we are broke........we are introducing cost measures to stay within FFP guidelines - hilarious that a fan of a club like Palace would mock us for that, sorry we are trying to run our club responsibly and not to cheat the system then **** over our creditors like somebody else we know....

David Lopez wanted to come back but we don't want him, which means most likely we have somebody better lined up. vicente barely played so it wasnt the biggest loss in the world, bridge was the big one to go, but we cant compete against a prem team + wages in keeping him (unless it was you) + hammond was only on Loan

well done on bidding 5m on a player like jon jo shelvey - you're putting big, desperate bids in for mediocre players

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
£8m?

:rotlf:

Do you believe everything you read on Talk Sport and Football Rumours?

Admit it, you would be delighted with Jerome Thomas, Dwight Gayle and Spain's U20 captain. Very astute business so far IMO.

As for Jedinak, it'll be incredibly interesting to see how well he gets on this season. He may not have stood out in the two games at the Amex but he dominated midfields on his own last year. With someone like Campana or Williams alongside him I think he'll do fine at a higher level.

He's no Adam Chicksen though, I'll give you that.

why would we be delighted with Jerome Thomas and Dwight Gayle? like i just said - DESPERATE signings because you cant sign anything better. those are signings i'd expect BLACKBURN to make

im sorry if it wasnt the 8m reported (they wouldnt report that much if it wasnt reasonably close, though). even it was over 1m it was too much

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Palaces signings have been laughably inadequate so far to have any hope of surviving in the Premiership, seems like preparations for life back in the Championship are well under way. If one bonus of them getting a cash windfall is not having to stand in 3 inches of piss in a derelict cesspit of a stadium then I'm all for it, sadly the stadium itself will still be in a derelict cesspit part of Croydon.

Palace have lost over half their league goalscorers in Murray & Zahaha - and that was in a league where they only managed to scrap into the Play - offs in the last game of the season.

Their signings (so far) have been laughable. I could understand it if they were pumping money into their infrastructure however the only thing they are considering pumping is the flooded Holmesdale Stand. It's like giving money to Steptoe & Son :D

hollow way.jpg holloway 2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports