Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace set to make move for Bent

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I doubt he'll ever lose his ability to score - if he gets the service.

If you put the ball in the right place he'll bang them in.

Problem is, he's getting older, less mobile and probably less hungry to do any of the prep work himself.

Unfortunately, considering Palace may spend most of their time defending, you've got a player who will spend most of the game ball-watching/strolling about aimlessly, awaiting that one chance that never arrives....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Not intended as a piss-take but a genuine question: does the prospective signing of Gomis actually excite you? If he'd done anything good at Swansea, they wouldn't be flogging him to you, surely?

Not me Edna. quite honestly I'd rather see Glenn back in the side, he is as much a motivator on the pitch as anything. But will he want to re-don the Palace shirt now?

I somewhat suspect he won't want to wear the Albion colours again though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good player at 20k a week or less. If paying him reported 70k or so then they can take him and probably leave him rotting on bench please

Bent will have to re-adjust his wage expectations , bottom half Premier League clubs will only pay £30k to £40k a week if he does leave Villa in January.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not me Edna. quite honestly I'd rather see Glenn back in the side, he is as much a motivator on the pitch as anything. But will he want to re-don the Palace shirt now?

I somewhat suspect he won't want to wear the Albion colours again though.

Glenn is a professional footballer. He'll go to- or stay at- whichever club offers him the best deal. Quite right too. Don't kid yourself that affection would get in the way if another club (not us, obviously :lol: offered him game time & decent wages).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Glenn is a professional footballer. He'll go to- or stay at- whichever club offers him the best deal. Quite right too. Don't kid yourself that affection would get in the way if another club (not us, obviously :lol: offered him game time & decent wages).

With 18 months left on his contract, I'm sure CPFC 2010 will have some say in his future whereabouts.
He's back at Selhurst now, I'm hoping he'll get the rest of the season with us now he's match fit, I'm sure he can still have an impact for us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bent could do a job for us, Palace or Derby. Just down to who pays him the most I guess.

I would have though Palace are more likely to get him though.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
With 18 months left on his contract, I'm sure CPFC 2010 will have some say in his future whereabouts.
He's back at Selhurst now, I'm hoping he'll get the rest of the season with us now he's match fit, I'm sure he can still have an impact for us.

Still a better player than the £6 million dwarf.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Still a better player than the £6 million dwarf.

They would make a good partnership.
( I'm assuming you're referring to Dwight Gayle ?)

BTW, is Spanish flair referring to Brightons greatest ever player ?:lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They would make a good partnership.
( I'm assuming you're referring to Dwight Gayle ?)

BTW, is Spanish flair referring to Brightons greatest ever player ?:lolol:

Although Zamora is a Spanish surname his father is from Trinidad.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Now let me get this right, he is comparing Gayle with a guy who has played most of his career in the top division, scoring over 150 goals and played 27 international games for his country, with a player who has had a career at Stanstead, Bishop Stortford, Dagenham and Redbridge , Peterborough and Palace Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Palace would snap up Zamora if they could as he brings the best out of others as perhaps we should consider

Please don't ever let Palace get hold of him, It's bad enough they got Murray, it would be just too painful to see Bobby play for them as well .. all those wonderful memories of BZ as one of ours, CP and BZ nooooooo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here