Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace set to make move for Bent

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Not intended as a piss-take but a genuine question: does the prospective signing of Gomis actually excite you? If he'd done anything good at Swansea, they wouldn't be flogging him to you, surely?

Yes, very much so. He's a striker with a dozen caps for the French national team. Our best striking options at the moment are Gayle and Campbell, Gomis would offer something completely different; he's a goalscorer with a physical presence.

The reason he hasn't played for Swansea is because they use a single striker system and their usual starter is current Chelsea/Man City target Wilfried Bony.

You'd really not want Bent? I can't think of a striker you have that's better I honestly can't?

Bent made a career based on his finishing ability and his pace. Gayle is better in both departments and is far better overall.

Sea Sea Seaside Air

Dec 31, 2014
GOSBTS
They can have him.. Darren was a good asset for us, but a committed decent striker on a permanent deal is something we need to build a long term understanding within the squad.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Wondered how long it would take for this to be mentioned....First post typically

You didn't have to wonder for very long.

Screenshot from 2014-12-31 12:59:01.png
Screenshot from 2014-12-31 12:59:33.png

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I feel a bit sorry for Bent. All the time he's shuffled around on loan he probably isn't gonna have his heart fully in it. If he gets a permanent move to a top half championship club or lower half Prem club, specially closer to where I imagine most of his family are, you will get the best from him.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I think Bent's agent is trying to drum up a bit of interest in him.
McClaren has denied the rumour, so it's possible he could return to you.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Sounds like his agent is hawking him round to the highest bidder. You know that won't be us. Could be the first 'No' Hughton gets from our board. If by some miracle, we did sign him, i would be happy with that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think Bent's agent is trying to drum up a bit of interest in him.
McClaren has denied the rumour, so it's possible he could return to you.

He seemed quite happy here. I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt re his injury, could be that being out of the Villa side and then starting every game for the Albion was a bit much as he was not up to match fitness, so tweaked his groin.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How has he looked for you guys? Remember him at Fulham last season and he looked disinterested, He had some good times at Charlton and Sunderland but they seem along time ago.

Difficult to judge really but certainly has the natural scoring ability of a good prem striker. Will be interesting to see how he does with you if you get him - I don't think palace have a finisher as good as him currently...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, very much so. He's a striker with a dozen caps for the French national team. Our best striking options at the moment are Gayle and Campbell, Gomis would offer something completely different; he's a goalscorer with a physical presence.

The reason he hasn't played for Swansea is because they use a single striker system and their usual starter is current Chelsea/Man City target Wilfried Bony.

Bent made a career based on his finishing ability and his pace. Gayle is better in both departments and is far better overall.

Tbf I forgot about Gayle who does seem a good player - better than the other strikers u have for sure. Has he been injured as ive not heard of him for a while? Still think you paid too much for him but sure you ll tell me different :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't think he would want to go anywhere near Croydon, he has only just had 2 cars nicked!:whistle:

Well in that case, he's got nothing left to lose, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here