Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace set to make move for Bent

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To be fair to Palace, Bent would be an decent acquisition for their 2015-2016 promotion campaign.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He did a decent job whilst he was here, best of luck to him.

Just wait till he pulls an Adebayor on us when we next play Palace :lol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
He had his chance last season , the ship has sailed for mr bent .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Still see him as a top flight goalscorer. Was never the quality of allround footballer to be on the wages he "earns", but certainly knows where to be when chances are being made, and knows how to scuff most of them on target. Does seem rather fragile, but is a threat if he can keep fit and eager.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Not very excited about this. Pardew will go all out for Gomis and hopefully get him instead.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Done ok here but i wouldn't be thrilled with his capture if we were in the Prem. Looked nothing like the player he once was. Can't believe how quickly his career has deteriorated. Is it confidence? Not sure it is.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Done ok here but i wouldn't be thrilled with his capture if we were in the Prem. Looked nothing like the player he once was. Can't believe how quickly his career has deteriorated. Is it confidence? Not sure it is.

Desire, perhaps? He's a wealthy man (presumably) and he is past his peak.

I see Pardew is utilising our scouting network again. Some things never change.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
How would we know?

Thought a fan may have asked Bloom at one of the fan meetings, Just thought someone on here may have heard. I wonder how many clubs do it across the divisions? Not as many that should I suppose.

As for Bent, No thanks.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not very excited about this. Pardew will go all out for Gomis and hopefully get him instead.

Not intended as a piss-take but a genuine question: does the prospective signing of Gomis actually excite you? If he'd done anything good at Swansea, they wouldn't be flogging him to you, surely?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Not intended as a piss-take but a genuine question: does the prospective signing of Gomis actually excite you? If he'd done anything good at Swansea, they wouldn't be flogging him to you, surely?

With Bony a target for Citeh (£20m), would Swansea also want to let Gomis go?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace have Andy Johnson?! Is forgotten all about that. Has he played a game? :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought a fan may have asked Bloom at one of the fan meetings, Just thought someone on here may have heard. I wonder how many clubs do it across the divisions? Not as many that should I suppose.

As for Bent, No thanks.

You'd really not want Bent? I can't think of a striker you have that's better I honestly can't?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You'd really not want Bent? I can't think of a striker you have that's better I honestly can't?

How has he looked for you guys? Remember him at Fulham last season and he looked disinterested, He had some good times at Charlton and Sunderland but they seem along time ago.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How has he looked for you guys? Remember him at Fulham last season and he looked disinterested, He had some good times at Charlton and Sunderland but they seem along time ago.

He's been alright. Got in the right places, but we weren't playing well for most of the games he's played in. I think he might be very good indeed if we can start to find some sort of form and give him service. As things stand, I wouldn't mind him staying to see how that played out, but equally, I find it hard to get that bothered about the prospect of him signing for Derby, or you, or anyone else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought a fan may have asked Bloom at one of the fan meetings
They might have, but I doubt he'd say. If some players did have it written into their contracts, I'm sure there would be players that didn't, so it would be awkward to say anything.
I wonder how many clubs do it across the divisions? Not as many that should I suppose.
The problem is, you want to buy the best players, and if they're on a decent contract elsewhere, with no relegation clause, why would they join you with one? I'm sure plenty of players don't have promotion clauses either.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Think Bent has had his day in the sun.
Promotion chasing team at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here