Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace pre season friendly at Worthing

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
A little bit disrespectful it seems to me,... both by Worthing, and by Palace,....... its a bit like us playing a game up at Dulwich Hamlet or something similar.

we played a friendly at Lewes last season and it helped their bank balance so whats the problem ?

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Didn't your lot cancel a friendly last season on literally the day before?

And don't lecture us about helping Worthing out. I've been to more Worthing v Brighton friendlies than I care to remember. (Last year it pissed down. My God it pissed down.) As others have alluded it might be down to a whole host of reasons and I'm sure there will be others in the future.

Yuck. The thought of the town that I grew up in full of Palace turns my stomach.

plenty live their already and the game will bring money to wothing fc - or are you against that? we played at lewes last season and good numbers showed up and no brighton fans came looking for trouble - lewes fans sung and were great hosts - glad to see hardly any brighton fans have joined in with some of the silly comments on this thread - i know the semi final defeat still hurts but some people really need to grow up - its a friendly game where families can go along and enjoy the day

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
plenty live their already and the game will bring money to wothing fc - or are you against that? we played at lewes last season and good numbers showed up and no brighton fans came looking for trouble - lewes fans sung and were great hosts - glad to see hardly any brighton fans have joined in with some of the silly comments on this thread - i know the semi final defeat still hurts but some people really need to grow up - its a friendly game where families can go along and enjoy the day

With respect , Lewes is not Worthing . Lets just say a large amount of our more colourful element reside there

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
we played a friendly at Lewes last season and it helped their bank balance so whats the problem ?

Ah yes. The one you arranged after cancelling the Bath City friendly with just 3 days notice. Bath City weren't too impressed with this. Your lot cited conditions and travel but Bath even agreed to play the match at your ground. You helpfully declined.

http://drbillyo.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/spot-the-professional-club-34

As I said, Brighton don't need lectures from Palace about helping Worthing out. We'll still be playing them long after your visit is just an unpleasant memory. Worthing will still be blue and white.

The Downview is just down the road at West Worthing crossing. I'm sure you and your mate, Full Kit Wanker will get a lovely welcome there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Used to always enjoy the Worthing friendly on the Saturday, the sun always shone and it seemed like the start of the season proper

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Crystal Palace FC @Official_CPFC
PRE-SEASON UPDATE: Palace's U18 friendly against Worthing on 13th July has been postponed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah yes. The one you arranged after cancelling the Bath City friendly with just 3 days notice. Bath City weren't too impressed with this. Your lot cited conditions and travel but Bath even agreed to play the match at your ground. You helpfully declined.

http://drbillyo.wordpress.com/2012/07/17/spot-the-professional-club-34

As I said, Brighton don't need lectures from Palace about helping Worthing out. We'll still be playing them long after your visit is just an unpleasant memory. Worthing will still be blue and white.

The Downview is just down the road at West Worthing crossing. I'm sure you and your mate, Full Kit Wanker will get a lovely welcome there.

Crystal Palace FC @Official_CPFC
PRE-SEASON UPDATE: Palace's U18 friendly against Worthing on 13th July has been postponed.

Looks like Buzzer was right. Worthing have been let down by Palace.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Used to always enjoy the Worthing friendly on the Saturday, the sun always shone and it seemed like the start of the season proper

Exactly , Worthing followed by a Tuesday night in Lewes and normally Bognor at some point ... ok the Foreign aways are brilliant and show we're moving up in the World but still :(

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Oh look Palace screw over another small club by reneging on their promise of a friendly, I expect its too late for Worthing to arrange another date now and, like Bath, they have missed out on a date to generate some revenue from.

Scum bags.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here