Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace owners to sell?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
How much is 45% of a 14 year old football club worth?
Checking at the back of my sofa. I'll be back..........................................

Fluff and a chew my dog lost.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I still don’t get it. Which are we saying is cheaper, a subscription to The Independent or buying Crystal Palace?
Probably Palace.

They've been behind The Times for years.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What's worrying me about the premier league at the moment is Saudi / Uae / whatever businessmen buying up mid/lower premier league clubs and then voting lockstep with the big clubs to change the way the PL works. At the moment the smaller clubs can outvote the greedy 7, but at we saw with the recent vote to change the rules on loans between clubs owned by the same entity, Sheffield (owned by a Saudi) voted with the big clubs to prevent the rule change. If more clubs get owned in this way we could eventually see big charges voted through purely by individual owners voting with their country's rulers.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What's worrying me about the premier league at the moment is Saudi / Uae / whatever businessmen buying up mid/lower premier league clubs and then voting lockstep with the big clubs to change the way the PL works. At the moment the smaller clubs can outvote the greedy 7, but at we saw with the recent vote to change the rules on loans between clubs owned by the same entity, Sheffield (owned by a Saudi) voted with the big clubs to prevent the rule change. If more clubs get owned in this way we could eventually see big charges voted through purely by individual owners voting with their country's rulers.
This is something that's concerned me about the increasing amount of American influence in boardrooms. It won't be long before the prospect of PL games being played in the US, as we host the odd NFL game, comes up and who knows how that could go.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How are clubs valued? The premier league is the most watched league in the most watched continent of the most watched sport on the planet yet the majority of clubs are worth a fraction of the shittiest, lowest value clubs of American sports. Even the very biggest clubs aren't worth that much compared to American sports teams.

How is a team's value derived? (If you can, please ignore the very obvious joke involving 'value' and 'palace'...)

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Being serious for one tiny moment. They must be the cheapest long term EPL team. For that one single reason they may be attractive, in an ugly sister way, to a few headfucked moneymen.
I’ve worked with people from the Middle East. They like shiny things, things that look impressive and expensive. The sort of things that you can show off to your mates. At the end of the day that boils down to the stadiums as they are the most visual thing for a football club. Citeh and Newcastle work, even some of the bigger teams in the championship would work. I can’t see any petromoneywasher wanting to show off the toilet that is Selhurst park to his mates. It’s like comparing a supercar with a badly modified clapped out Dodge Charger.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
As much as Parish seems like the kind of person who'd sell you a dodgy car I think I'd rather have him representing clubs like ours when voting on PL matters than someone who has zero knowledge of English football or interest in clubs outside the perceived big 6.

We need more Parish's with voting power to help protect the integrity of our game IMO

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How are clubs valued? The premier league is the most watched league in the most watched continent of the most watched sport on the planet yet the majority of clubs are worth a fraction of the shittiest, lowest value clubs of American sports. Even the very biggest clubs aren't worth that much compared to American sports teams.

How is a team's value derived? (If you can, please ignore the very obvious joke involving 'value' and 'palace'...)
I remember the money Textor pumped in to Palace and the stake he was supposed to be buying at that time, indicated a valuation of over £500m.

I seem to recall our local DULLARD called it out as a bit peculiar at the time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would they accept 2p in the Pound?

Isn’t that what they paid off the debt in 2010?

Seems only fair to me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Those american owners have wanted out for years now. Marry in haste, repent at leisure and all that.

Palace are the equivalent of a mouldy old discoloured piss-stained queen size mattress with busted springs and torn upholstery, in a tower block bedsit on a sink estate. Ideally you want to get rid, but its a pain in the arse because nobody else wants it. Its bloody hard to shift, and you can't just dump it round the corner. So you're stuck with a large unsightly smelly embarrassing mess stinking the place out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is something that's concerned me about the increasing amount of American influence in boardrooms. It won't be long before the prospect of PL games being played in the US

Must not happen.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This has been coming for ages. Donna and Blitzen (whatever their names are) have had itchy feet for ages. Now it seems that Beaky has found himself a far from harmonious boardroom with further investments in the balance. Its a good job he ringfenced that £100M all those years ago.

I wonder if Textor is bluffing to try and force Beaky to change his control freak I'm in charge terms?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’ll give you £1.27 for them, and not a penny more

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Being serious for one tiny moment. They must be the cheapest long term EPL team. For that one single reason they may be attractive, in an ugly sister way, to a few headfucked moneymen.
They are also in 'London' which will help make them sound attractive to a potential buyer that's never been near the area or seen its squalor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here