Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace owners to sell?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Textor is on record as saying that he wishes he hadn't bought in, with Parish's voting rights.

This will only be good for Palace if Parish is prepared to sell up too.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So they are selling 100% of what they own?

Is this good or bad news for Palace? Article is behind a paywall
Eh? It was a non-Premium one when I linked to it.

EDIT: Yeah, loads ok for me. I am logged into their site though (like the Guardian), not sure if that makes a difference. However I am most definitely not a subscriber.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Eh? It was a non-Premium one when I linked to it.

EDIT: Yeah, loads ok for me. I am logged into their site though (like the Guardian), not sure if that makes a difference. However I am most definitely not a subscriber.
I could get through ok

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Textor is on record as saying that he wishes he hadn't bought in, with Parish's voting rights.

This will only be good for Palace if Parish is prepared to sell up too.
Plus someone is prepared to buy the job lot.

I guess there might be some petrostate wealth fund that’s still considering buying into the Premier League, but the moment they clap their eyes on that tawdry club surely they’ll realise they’re better off buying something with a more glamorous reputation, like a betting firm or a chain of brothels

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Poor old Beaky, never get to see the fantasy new stadium or even the watered down fantasy new main stand he promised for a decade.

Will leave his 14 year old club as the same crumbling basket case he found it.

How will he replace the 3m he personally trousers each year?

More importantly, how will he replace the "look at me" vanity project of being chairman in those much loved TV clips sat next to Mark Bright?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Poor old Beaky, never get to see the fantasy new stadium or even the watered down fantasy new main stand he promised for a decade.

Will leave his 14 year old club as the same crumbling basket case he found it.

How will he replace the 3m he personally trousers each year?

More importantly, how will he replace the "look at me" vanity project of being chairman in those much loved TV clips sat next to Mark Bright?
He did get to regularly entertain Susanna Reid.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Being serious for one tiny moment. They must be the cheapest long term EPL team. For that one single reason they may be attractive, in an ugly sister way, to a few headfucked moneymen.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What I want to happen is for this story to bubble away for another 6 months, increase the uncertainty, undermine the manager and unsettle the players. I fancy they'll stay up this season because they have Olise / Eze, there are 3 dreadful sides in the division and there is still the potential for other clubs to be docked points for breaching FFP.

However, replace Luton, Burnley and Sheff Utd with Leicester, Leeds and Southampton, Olise off in the summer and a poor window and they are all set up for a disastrous 2024/25.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I still don’t get it. Which are we saying is cheaper, a subscription to The Independent or buying Crystal Palace?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Pos
Being serious for one tiny moment. They must be the cheapest long term EPL team. For that one single reason they may be attractive, in an ugly sister way, to a few headfucked moneymen.
Possibly, if they base their entire football knowledge on watching all 3 seasons of Ted Lasso.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here