Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace match leaving arrangements

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
No. No I don't think I have.

You're getting annoyed because you usually get out quickly and are first on the buses. For one single game, you won't be, and other Albion fans will be ahead of you.

Have I got that straight?

Can we agree to disagree. We won 4-1 today it was bloody brilliant. I don't care about anything else tonight !!!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
When you state why are your best customers............Shows that you do not understand that NSC is a fans forum.
I understand perfectly thank you. It was a reference to Barber calling us customers not fans. And in any business you value those customers who spend more. However you are correct that we are all fans and in that regard should all be valued equally.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You give all rights up when you buy a ticket. Shut the f*** up and be inconvenienced further along with 29k others just because the police can't control a small number of rowdy pubescents acting out a scene from green street.

Next season KO will be Sunday 9pm, no beer, engineer works between Croydon and Hassocks, away fans restricted to those related to Vincent Hillaire, home fans with exactly 34786 points only and anyone either sitting or standing will be ejected with a lifetime ban. Including reincarnation.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Ditto.
You would be shit company.

Possibly, after Northstandites heeding I feel I should explain my comments. No matter what the police/powers that be do for this match not everyone will be happy. They have put a simple solution in place to try to minimise the opportunities for confrontation. You are moaning that it is unfair to you and the Palace fans should be the recipients of the short straw. I do not agree. At Palace this year it was a pain in the arse being kept hanging around and did nothing, in my opinion, to help.

And I never buy the first round.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I have already posted this on Ask The Club, but feel so strongly that I hope others will follow suit and complain.
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium. I leave with my wife and son the moment the whistle blows and we exit left from the West Stand to run along the back past the South West corner along the side of the bank under the coach park then into the Mill Road Park & Ride filter. Now for the Palace match, with no explanation, we have to make our way all the way round the stadium to return virtually where we started except we will miss all the buses, be last in the queue, forced to walk past the Palace fanss who, of course, will be on their best behaviour, and get back to the Mill Rd P + R significantly later than usual. Why are your best customers (as we are now known) being given the worst treatment. Frankly it's not good enough and must not set a precedent.

Bloody hell get a grip.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
""Where are you going? Why don't you walk the wheel with us? What is the matter my American friend? What has upset you? Oh! I know. The bad machine doesn't know that he's a bad machine. You still don't believe it. You still don't believe you're a bad machine? To know yourself is to know God, my friend. The factory knows, that's why they put you here. You'll see... You'll find out... In time, you'll know. "

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have already posted this on Ask The Club, but feel so strongly that I hope others will follow suit and complain.
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium. I leave with my wife and son the moment the whistle blows and we exit left from the West Stand to run along the back past the South West corner along the side of the bank under the coach park then into the Mill Road Park & Ride filter. Now for the Palace match, with no explanation, we have to make our way all the way round the stadium to return virtually where we started except we will miss all the buses, be last in the queue, forced to walk past the Palace fanss who, of course, will be on their best behaviour, and get back to the Mill Rd P + R significantly later than usual. Why are your best customers (as we are now known) being given the worst treatment. Frankly it's not good enough and must not set a precedent.

You'll be disappointed with that attempt at bragging rights.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It would be an interesting thread to compile the different methods of vacating away supporters at different grounds. When I've visited Stamford Bridge they allow the away supporters in the Shed End to filter out with the Chelsea fans from the East Stand all at the final whistle with just a row of stewards about 25 metres long before they merge. This is even for games against the likes of Spurs and West Ham.
I suppose it's such a familiar occurrence that fans know the consequences of the CCTV recordings if anything happens.

I'm sure expensive lessons will eventually learned by anyone fighting at the Palace game.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Not sure if this a genuine moan or a willy waving competition?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Because...sigh...the nature of the Amex set up is that we won't be all gone for ages, will we? If by some stroke of fortune we win, there will be thousands of people hanging around the bars afterwards, singing and drinking. Are you suggesting that even Palace fans deserve to be kept inside the ground for an hour and a half or whenever people decide to make their way home?

Besides. If we play like we did last year, you won't have to worry about fighting your way through any sort of crowds on the final whistle.

It's one game, gents, tell your other halves you might be a bit later for once.

honestly I have no time for such ridiculously sensible posts - what is wrong with you?

D

Deleted User X18H

Yes. Next thing we know it will be other matches too.

You're right. I heard this being discussed in secret I couldn't get too near the conversation as a steward who resembled Peter Stringfellow and for some reason kept shouting TICKETS PLEASE and CHANGE HERE FOR ANGMERING was blocking my way.

Anyway I did catch this when you leave the WSL in future you will have to turn left , right , left, right, left. Then across Bennetts Field onto Ashhurst Road and into Newick Road. There Paul Barber will be waiting with a set of questions such as, what slum area was cleared in the 1930's and residents sent to Scombe? Or who was the first Alderman of Bevendean. If you get one wrong it's five pounds per person or wrong answer which ever it greater. Then you carry along Chailey Road , into Ringmer Drive along Lurcraft and back to the stadium when most of the buses will have left and you can get the train without having to worry about queuing or leaving early.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I understand perfectly thank you. It was a reference to Barber calling us customers not fans. And in any business you value those customers who spend more. However you are correct that we are all fans and in that regard should all be valued equally.

You do not. Your use of 'your' is ok for Ask The Club but not for NSC.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

One of the most self centered and self important posts we've had on here for a while. Club need to do something to try to minimise the potential problems for people who don't enjoy thuggery but not THIS because it interferes with your absolute right to be at the front of the queue because you pay a bit more than some.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Words fail me. It's one game a season. Have you ever been to an away game before?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the most self centered and self important posts we've had on here for a while. Club need to do something to try to minimise the potential problems for people who don't enjoy thuggery but not THIS because it interferes with your absolute right to be at the front of the queue because you pay a bit more than some.

Good post.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I demand that my armoured vehicle being used to protect can drop me off at the turnstiles of WSU - nothing less.

However I am in the cheap seats so count for nothing, only those that pay more should have everything changed just for them.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
First, they made the Albion's best customers walk the slightly longer way round.

But I did not speak out, for I was not one of the Albion's best customers ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here