Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
I'm disappointed in the personal dig, Buckley, as I have thus far enjoyed your posts and had you down as one who was able to look beyond the antagonism of partisan agendas and cross pork swords with vigour and without recrimination.

I do, however appreciate your gentle criticism of oppressive megalomania.
It seems to me that you've had enough of us now, you seem hell bent on receiving a ban. Will you parade it as some sort of badge of honour on the BBS? I can picture it now, how the nasty NSC mods banned you for simply giving us (your warped version of) the truth.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How does this differ from when an athiest gives an "answer" to a thiest, or vice versa? People changing tack and putting forward their argument in a new way is what happens in any debate. That is not "trolling" that is discussion.

Taking the mickey out of your opponent is also part of debate, so making a joke at Brighton's expense doesn't make someone a troll any more than the reverse is true either.

I like shooting the breeze about stuff and enjoy different points of view, but I can't stand Internet trolls. People are too quick to start shouting troll these days. Often it's just shorthand for "I don't like what you're saying".
Appreciated. If I'm honest I don't particularly enjoy many of your posts, but some are meant with good intention and typed in a reasonable manner. I don't see many calling for you to be banned because ultimately you're inoffensive. This other pleb is a different kettle of fish, he changes the angle of attack, then plays the victim. He knows what he's doing and
, credit where credit's due, he's very good at it. He's still trolling though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How can a club with a new stadium, full to capacity, with allegedly a very modest playing budget, not paying off the interest free loan to build the stadium, be losing almost £10m a year?

9million was the 1st year figure.

Since then :

8000 more seats

AZURE booted out so we get a bigger cut of beer and pie profit

Transport subsidy reduced.

Massive new AMEX sponsorship.

But keep using the year 1 figure and projecting it into the future ad infinitum *yawn*

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It seems to me that you've had enough of us now, you seem hell bent on receiving a ban. Will you parade it as some sort of badge of honour on the BBS? I can picture it now, how the nasty NSC mods banned you for giving us (your warped version of) the truth.

That is exactly it, he has a sad sycophantic following on the BBS. They hang on his every word, he will return a valiant hero who suffered wrong doing by the villainous mods of NSC.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I finished thinking about it.

I've just given him the weekend off to enjoy the sunshine. He's free to post from 2pm on Monday.

IF he comes back and plays nicely, he's welcome to stay.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Appreciated. If I'm honest I don't particularly enjoy many of your posts, but some are meant with good intention and typed in a reasonable manner. I don't see many calling for you to be banned because ultimately you're inoffensive. This other pleb is a different kettle of fish, he changes the angle of attack, then plays the victim. He knows what he's doing and

....and you are still reacting to it. Let him be Dazza, if no one replies he'll get bored and move on. If you see people replying then fight the urge to read the threads.
FWIW I think whilst his posts are certainly repetitive and often misplaced, banning him would be admitting defeat

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013

Thank you (I think!) I do try to keep my posts contained to certain threads (or on rare occasions set up a new one so I don't butt in on an existing Brighton discussion), because I know that there is no away end here and I can appreciate that for some the mere presence of an away fan is enough to send them apoplectic with rage. No one needs smart Alec comments when you're discussing something serious about your club with fellow fans. But I don't see that Vince does any differently. This was already a thread in which Brighton and Palace fans were debating this that and the other (quite interestingly I thought). No one who can't stand our presence needed to be bothered by him (or me). If he was a troll, he'd be posting in every thread for maximum impact, not confining himself to already ongoing Brighton v Palace arguments.

He's also never shied away from engaging with Brighton fans on the BBS, even after you've won, so it's not as if he's a "sing with your winning" type person.

I dunno. I just think trolling is something different, and far more insidious, but which increasingly gets hurled around in any online discussion these days when people disagree. As someone who enjoys discussion and likes alternative viewpoints I find it a little sad. Where's the fun if we all retreat into our insular little worlds and only talk to those we already agree with? Sounds like the Republicans in the US now I think about it...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
....and you are still reacting to it. Let him be Dazza, if no one replies he'll get bored and move on. If you see people replying then fight the urge to read the threads.
FWIW I think whilst his posts are certainly repetitive and often misplaced, banning him would be admitting defeat

Hmmm, you're right. I'm outta this thread

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Keep VHA on board. He is not a troll. Ban him and you risk turning NSC into the online version of North Korea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here