Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
amex-stadium3.jpg

Brighton Amex stadium wins best new venue award

Brighton and Hove Albion's new Amex stadium has won an international award for the best new venue.

The Seagulls' home beat seven other stadiums around the world to win the New Venue Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Turin, Italy.

The football club moved into the £93m stadium at Falmer last July.

Director Martin Perry said: "We were up against some very strong opposition, so to win this award is a remarkable achievement."

The stadium currently has a capacity of 22,500 seats, and recently won planning approval to increase the seating by an extra 8,250 seats.

Sahhaf3.jpg

crappy, overpriced stadium.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
You reek of jealousy. While we Albion fans had some hard times in the lower leagues, for the most part, it was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it. Now we are in the limelight somewhat and have fantastic support and a wonderful new stadium, you just cannot handle it. If I was a palace fan, I'd be embarrassed by you trolling. You really are clueless. Never mind seaside or Glenn Murray, I think you're Michael Gove.

You can go back and see my discussions with Wigman (one of the rare Brighton fans who existed pre Gus era) in which I was regularly congratulating his club on finally getting its act together. I have also congratulated Brighton on building up its fan base so dramatically, a fine achievement. I do not like the stadium, at the cost. I have no reason to be jealous of Brighton on the pitch, as my own team eclipsed them.

On the contrary, it seems that Brighton fans, despite all the apparent wonderfulness that seeps from their and their club's every pore, seem to still be jealous of 'tin pot' Palace, and preach, for all it's worth, endlessly and sanctimoniously about the delights of their club, as if just enjoying it for themselves is never enough. Like a child who is finally able to ride a bike without support, endlessly looking for validation and positive reinforcement to allay the effects of years of insecurity and failure.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I'd imagine the costs to get a near enough WORLD CLASS stadium are certainly in the hundreds of millions. Wonder how much Juventus spent on their new stadium, that was deemed inferior to ours by industry experts? You HATE that we have a phenomenal stadium. "Wonky Warehouse". So embarrassing.

I can't speak for other Palace fans, but I am both pleased for you and yet would not want anything similar myself. I enjoy the rivalry. I find the 'hate' aspect of it a bit pathetic, but I enjoy the banter and their being a club who it means so much more to get one over on. I never wanted you to drop out of the league or go out of business, and to be honest I don't want you in a lower (or higher, though for me that's never occurred) league than us. A season where we play you is always more interesting. So I was glad you got a new ground. Where you were was truly abysmal, and I can understand your pleasure with the Amex.

But as a Palace fan, I'd hate it. Selhurst is a run down (especially the AW where you get to sit) but it is way way better than the Withdean was so we don't have the same necessity you did. I don't like any of the new stadiums - yours, Reading, Bolton, Southampton, Emirates - they're all soulless compared to their predecessors. I don't want to replace Selhurst with a similar soulless bowl. I'd also hate to be out of town like you are. It's been suggested for Palace, but in a choice of a new delux stadium out by the M25 or keeping run down Selhurst, I'd take Selhurst every time.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
View attachment 44479

v

View attachment 44481

Any words against the Amex coming from someone who has to watch their team play in THAT hole...are bitter lies :)

Whilst you and Mellotron mutually ********** over the picture, I will say again, that if my club spunked away the kind of money Tony did, and came up with that, I'd be mightily disappointed. Especially as I see player after player leave the club as it fails miserably to pay back the ****er.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can go back and see my discussions with Wigman (one of the rare Brighton fans who existed pre Gus era) in which I was regularly congratulating his club on finally getting its act together. I have also congratulated Brighton on building up its fan base so dramatically, a fine achievement. I do not like the stadium, at the cost. I have no reason to be jealous of Brighton on the pitch, as my own team eclipsed them.

On the contrary, it seems that Brighton fans, despite all the apparent wonderfulness that seeps from their and their club's every pore, seem to still be jealous of 'tin pot' Palace, and preach, for all it's worth, endlessly and sanctimoniously about the delights of their club, as if just enjoying it for themselves is never enough. Like a child who is finally able to ride a bike without support, endlessly looking for validation and positive reinforcement to allay the effects of years of insecurity and failure.

Fcking HELL, you are tedious.

I'm personally very bored of your constant trolling - disguised as reasonable debate.

I might ban you. I'll have a think about it.

(If anyone wants to argue a reason why I should hold off, apeak now)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

There isn't a facepalm in existence big enough for this.

This is a BRIGHTON BOARD.

Of course we can be positive about the club on it, and have great dreams of the future.

IT IS NOT UP TO PALACE TROLLS TO TRY TO CENSOR WHAT WE CAN AND CANNOT TALK ABOUT.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whilst you and Mellotron mutually ********** over the picture, I will say again, that if my club spunked away the kind of money Tony did, and came up with that, I'd be mightily disappointed. Especially as I see player after player leave the club as it fails miserably to pay back the ****er.

It's ok. It really is. Honestly. No, no stop crying for a second. You made the Premiership, see? It really is ok. I understand it F***ING HURTS to see us so massively on the rise, but you've got a year to enjoy it. Enjoy every second of it.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
But we'll never know will we? As it was, Palace's position was upheld by spending money they DID NOT HAVE. It really is that simple. Oh well, you're ahead of us now, on a fair footing. Enjoy this one season ahead of us. x

Brighton are also spending money they don't have, and should Tony's investments go tits up as Jordan's did, the situation for BHAFC would be even worse.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brighton are also spending money they don't have, and should Tony's investments go tits up as Jordan's did, the situation for BHAFC would be even worse.

Really? Which companies' money are we spending? There I was thinking our chairman was a billionnaire.

What, if all his hundreds of investments all based in different countries go tits up, and I'm also assuming somehow the rest of his family also go bankrupt?

Is that the biggest grasping at straws anyone has ever seen on here?

Mate, HONESTLY, stop. It's ok. It is.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

For FU.CKS SAKE. How many ****INg TIMES??

No they wouldn't. The loan is U N S E C U R E D. Whatever hapens to his 'investments' he STILL can't 'call in' the loan. All he could do, is convert it all to shares, and try to sell the club on. Stop being such a stupid, stupid ****.

Banned
May 19, 2013

I'm personally very bored of your constant trolling - disguised as reasonable debate.

Because it would be an unvirtuous act. He's not starting thread after thread saying "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL We beet u n mde u cry LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL". He's arguing a Palace side on a Palace thread where if people don't want to engage they don't have to.

Clearly it's a Brightin board and as a mod your decision, but if you are that sensitive that you can't handle opposing views either ban us all or create an away end. Personally I think it's all a bit dull when opposing views are censured but I appreciate others see things differently.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
It's ok. It really is. Honestly. No, no stop crying for a second. You made the Premiership, see? It really is ok. I understand it F***ING HURTS to see us so massively on the rise, but you've got a year to enjoy it. Enjoy every second of it.

How bizarre that you think I'd feel so strongly about football at all, let alone BHAFC. Time to get a grip, young man.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook

No reason.

This odious twerp fancies that his eloquence is to be admired.

Off to the recycle bin I say.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What is the value of the club, and how much is owed to Tony? If the club isn't worth, say £120m, then the shares aren't really worth shit. And the recent financial goings on at the club suggest that interest free or not, Tony is expecting this white elephant to pay him off in some shape or form.

Help! Does ANYONE understand this incoherent DRIVEL?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

You'll hear no complaint from me. The man is a very strange creature who ,as you said, attempts to disguise his trolling behind well worded but ultimately sinister posts.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because it would be an unvirtuous act. He's not starting thread after thread saying "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL We beet u n mde u cry LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL". He's arguing a Palace side on a Palace thread where if people don't want to engage they don't have to.

Clearly it's a Brightin board and as a mod your decision, but if you are that sensitive that you can't handle opposing views either ban us all or create an away end. Personally I think it's all a bit dull when opposing views are censured but I appreciate others see things differently.

Trolling is trolling, irrespective of whether you use big words, txt spk or smilies. this knobhead has demonstrated repeatedly that he is not here to 'debate'. If he were, he wouldn't continue to ignore every post that refutes his nonsense suggestions, and continue to post them as fact, again, and again, and again.

Banned
May 19, 2013

Far from hurting, it has been brilliant. Promotion is always great, but promotion this year at the expense of you has been my favourite. It will remain so for a long time I suspect.

It was a LOT duller with you in the lower leagues. There was Millwall to hate, but that is a different thing altogether, and Charlton acting like an annoying attention seeking kid. But no one every really replaced you, and beating you (especially in that first game, when your expectations were so high) is just brilliant.

The rivalry is pointless without us playing each other and I for one am glad your sugar daddy came along :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How bizarre that you think I'd feel so strongly about football at all, let alone BHAFC. Time to get a grip, young man.

*Pats you on the back*

Our stadium really IS crappy, isn't it? SUCH a burden on us.

You are a childish troll, but you're a lot of fun to laugh at.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Far from hurting, it has been brilliant. Promotion is always great, but promotion this year at the expense of you has been my favourite. It will remain so for a long time I suspect.

It was a LOT duller with you in the lower leagues. There was Millwall to hate, but that is a different thing altogether, and Charlton acting like an annoying attention seeking kid. But no one every really replaced you, and beating you (especially in that first game, when your expectations were so high) is just brilliant.

The rivalry is pointless without us playing each other and I for one am glad your sugar daddy came along :)

As a Brighton fan since 1971... I would be quite happy if we never played you again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here