Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
oh yes... and far from 'calling anything in' he is actually spending more... something like £15m on a state of the art training and academy facility.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's really not too hard to comprehend. Brighton and Hove Albion are using money that is being made available by the clubs owner. Crystal Palace happily used money they were not entitled to spend, which lead to administration(s). No hypocrisy as far as I can see.

It's UNBELIEVABLY straightforward.

I LOVE how Palace can never truly enjoy the last 35 years over us. It really grates at them that it was illgotten.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, Brighton's principles are to whore themselves to the Bloom family, jumping this 'natural order of things' preached by sanctimonious Brighton fans who are merely exposing themselves as hypocrites in the process?

What an offensive post in so many ways.

Offensive to Tony, offensive to the albion and offensive to albion fans.

When the dull palace bores drone on about many years in the top 2 leagues, it is clearly right to point out that a few million pounds of the cost of that was met by creditors who never saw their money again. It really is that simple.

Will we ever be rid of this obnoxious troll ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You can think what you want of your stadium, it's already dragging your club down as much as it's helping it,

Why write such nonsense? Dragging the club down? Imagine if we had built a ground at not such a high spec. Oh say about 26000 capacity (some of the views are poor and some are, well, completely restricted), poor facilities, terrible old wooden seats, little room, infrastructure falling apart. Possibility of failing safety inspections. Imagine that. We wouldn't be attracting old fans, JCB's and JCL's in any great number. Probably have about 14000 season ticket holders (even if in the premier league!), and wouldn't be the club in England with the 7th highest match takings. Oh yes, what a rubbish stadium the Amex is.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I LOVE how Palace can never truly enjoy the last 35 years over us. It really grates at them that it was illgotten.

Exactly, no confusion whatsoever. Whilst the majority of Palace trolls on here are blinkered, this guy takes the biscuit, he is unbelievable.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Palace or not Palace. Clubs that go into administration should be automatically relegated the following season. Clubs are choosing when to enter admin so that relegation is avoided. I seem to remember Palace having a pretty strong squad when they took on Sheff Wed in final game at Hillsborough not a team stuffed with trialists and youth players, did you sell your ground and all assets to pay your debts ? NO YOU DIDN'T..

Palace were forced into administration by an aggressive creditor, and anything that happened subsequently, such as the sale of the two best playing assets and removal of the manager, were decided by the administrator, an independent entity. As such, his remit was to enable the club to continue trading, and thus ensure any creditors might get some kind of payment in the form of a new buyer, rather than none at all. Completely asset stripping the club (including presumably assets that the club didn't even own, such as quoted in your post) would have made the club completely unattractive to prospective buyers, leading to liquidation, no money at all for any creditors, and the death of a football club.

Still, The Major would have been happy. Or would he, shorn of the object of his obsessive desire, he would perhaps have to face the inadequacies of his life and his internal demons head on, no longer able to bury them within his lustful quest for attendance related climactic ecstasy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Palace were forced into administration by an aggressive creditor, and anything that happened subsequently, such as the sale of the two best playing assets and removal of the manager, were decided by the administrator, an independent entity. As such, his remit was to enable the club to continue trading, and thus ensure any creditors might get some kind of payment in the form of a new buyer, rather than none at all. Completely asset stripping the club (including presumably assets that the club didn't even own, such as quoted in your post) would have made the club completely unattractive to prospective buyers, leading to liquidation, no money at all for any creditors, and the death of a football club.

Still, The Major would have been happy. Or would he, shorn of the object of his obsessive desire, he would perhaps have to face the inadequacies of his life and his internal demons head on, no longer able to bury them within his lustful quest for attendance related climactic ecstasy.

:wozza:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Why write such nonsense? Dragging the club down? Imagine if we had built a ground at not such a high spec. Oh say about 26000 capacity (some of the views are poor and some are, well, completely restricted), poor facilities, terrible old wooden seats, little room, infrastructure falling apart. Possibility of failing safety inspections. Imagine that. We wouldn't be attracting old fans, JCB's and JCL's in any great number. Probably have about 14000 season ticket holders (even if in the premier league!), and wouldn't be the club in England with the 7th highest match takings. Oh yes, what a rubbish stadium the Amex is.
Last time I checked, Selhurst wasn't a £100m+ millstone around the club's neck. Oh, I forgot - Tony's picking up the tab for 'honest' BHAFC.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last time I checked, Selhurst wasn't a £100m+ millstone around the club's neck. Oh, I forgot - Tony's picking up the tab for 'honest' BHAFC.

Which part of "unsecured, interest-free loan that will simply be converted into shares" is confusing you?

You can WILL it to be a big burden on the club but it's the EXACT opposite. We've got a f**king brilliant ground and we are loving it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Tell me again how an unsecured, interest free, and ultimately convertible into shares loan (when he already owns a high percentage of the club) is a 'millstone'?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
That is what Jordan was trying to do (though again, I'd say it wasn't from any moral imperative but rather because he was the largest creditor) - once a CVA was agreed and the club was sold it becomes illegal to go back and pay individual former creditors. That's not a myth, a half truth or a lie it's just a fact. I'm happy to have an honest discussion, but as I sad earlier most Brighton fans don't care about the reality of administration any more than they actually care about those hurt by it. It's just a convenient stick with which to try and attack Palace, so they'd rather not have an honest discussion about administration. Far easier to come up with nonsense about us sending businesses bust, orchestrating the administration for our own advantage, buying players willy-nilly, and so on.

We've fans who prefer to argue from ignorance too (on your losing your ground) but I find it all a bit tedious.

Most Palace fans seem not to be interested in the fact that the Amex is a not-unimpressive stadium, preferring to focus on its apparent wonkiness, a feature of the design that was a condition of planning permission being granted for the stadium. Since a large proportion of Palace fans live in Sussex, you would think that they would understand that Falmer was the only viable site for the stadium and that it was imperative that the stadium was designed so as to fit the contours of the land and minimise light-pollution in the Downs thereby.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

A very broad brushstroke that takes no account of how very less straightforward the whole issue was. Such as, whilst Brighton plummeted down the leagues in the late 80s, despite having millions of pounds in finances and assets stolen from it by Raymond Bloye, the club, entirely on merit, fostered a very successful period of its history. More assets were subsequently appropriated by Mr Noades, who kindly pocketed the stadium and £30m for himself before handing over the reigns to Mr Goldberg. Palace had achieved three promotions up to this point, and only one during the entire Goldberg and Jordan eras. If anything, were it not for the asset stripping of Bloye and Noades, and for the reckless idiocy of Goldberg and Jordan, there's every reason to suggest that Palace could have enjoyed far more success built on the excellent, honestly produced sides of the late 70s and 80s.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Most Palace fans seem not to be interested in the fact that the Amex is a not-unimpressive stadium, preferring to focus on its apparent wonkiness, a feature of the design that was a condition of planning permission being granted for the stadium. Since a large proportion of Palace fans live in Sussex, you would think that they would understand that Falmer was the only viable site for the stadium and that it was imperative that the stadium was designed so as to fit the contours of the land and minimise light-pollution in the Downs thereby.
Just because it had no choice but to be a crappy, overpriced stadium, doesn't mean it can't be one.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A very broad brushstroke that takes no account of how very less straightforward the whole issue was. Such as, whilst Brighton plummeted down the leagues in the late 80s, despite having millions of pounds in finances and assets stolen from it by Raymond Bloye, the club, entirely on merit, fostered a very successful period of its history. More assets were subsequently appropriated by Mr Noades, who kindly pocketed the stadium and £30m for himself before handing over the reigns to Mr Goldberg. Palace had achieved three promotions up to this point, and only one during the entire Goldberg and Jordan eras. If anything, were it not for the asset stripping of Bloye and Noades, and for the reckless idiocy of Goldberg and Jordan, there's every reason to suggest that Palace could have enjoyed far more success built on the excellent, honestly produced sides of the late 70s and 80s.

But we'll never know will we? As it was, Palace's position was upheld by spending money they DID NOT HAVE. It really is that simple. Oh well, you're ahead of us now, on a fair footing. Enjoy this one season ahead of us. x

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You reek of jealousy. While we Albion fans had some hard times in the lower leagues, for the most part, it was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it. Now we are in the limelight somewhat and have fantastic support and a wonderful new stadium, you just cannot handle it. If I was a palace fan, I'd be embarrassed by you trolling. You really are clueless. Never mind seaside or Glenn Murray, I think you're Michael Gove.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
a crappy, overpriced stadium

I can just see the bitter tears in your eyes as you write this. Honestly, STOP.

Stop it, stop pretending. It's ok. We have a REALLY nice stadium. And guess what? That's ok.

It's ok. You did well too, didn't you? You went up with that wiggly fella who won you lots of penalties. You're good too, don't worry.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Tell me again how an unsecured, interest free, and ultimately convertible into shares loan (when he already owns a high percentage of the club) is a 'millstone'?

What is the value of the club, and how much is owed to Tony? If the club isn't worth, say £120m, then the shares aren't really worth shit. And the recent financial goings on at the club suggest that interest free or not, Tony is expecting this white elephant to pay him off in some shape or form.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
selhurst-park2.jpg

v

amex-1200229-238963.jpg

Any words against the Amex coming from someone who has to watch their team play in THAT hole...are bitter lies :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here