Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yawn. How about picking another lower league team at exactly the same time - BHAFC. Had they cut their cloth accordingly, they would have dropped out of the league altogether. Instead, they were bankrolled by the Bloom family for decades and artificially lifted through the leagues and gifted a state of the art, yet crappy stadium. And had the same happened to the Bloom's investments as happened to Jordan, the picture at BHAFC would have been exactly the same (and still might some day).

That's quite a lot of nonsense to cram into one post.

Firstly, spending the funds made available to the club by the Blooms, IS cutting our cloth accordingly. What an odd thing to say. Those funds were there - we weren't signing players on contracts we couldn't pay, or taking goods and services from contractors that we couldn't pay for. Its a stupid, lazy comparison.

Secondly, please do explain how the multi-award winning Amex Stadium is 'crappy'. The international experts in the areas of architecture
, stadium design and venue management don't seem to agree with you.

albionite

May 20, 2009
God these nigel's and their deluded views is really boring. Can we not have an away section for them and call it the Muppet room?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yawn. How about picking another lower league team at exactly the same time - BHAFC. Had they cut their cloth accordingly, they would have dropped out of the league altogether. Instead, they were bankrolled by the Bloom family for decades and artificially lifted through the leagues and gifted a state of the art, yet crappy stadium. And had the same happened to the Bloom's investments as happened to Jordan, the picture at BHAFC would have been exactly the same (and still might some day).

I used Grimsby Town as an example based on the fact they were in the same division as Palace. Clubs who stick to their principles always end up being screwed over and have to follow the proper path back to the good times. All clubs have benefactors but its the manner of how they do business that counts in the end.

mystery_man

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
This is an enomous thread about a player that Palace have signed where not one of you knows the price so have therefore regurgitated the admin argument. I suggest you create a thread solely for the discussion of administration?
A thread called Muppet room would just confuse the majority of NSC members surely.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Well Kermit if you and your buddies did not post on this thread it would be 3 pages at most.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

With that line you demonstrated just how much of an imbecile you are.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I used Grimsby Town as an example based on the fact they were in the same division as Palace. Clubs who stick to their principles always end up being screwed over and have to follow the proper path back to the good times. All clubs have benefactors but its the manner of how they do business that counts in the end.

So, Brighton's principles are to whore themselves to the Bloom family, jumping this 'natural order of things' preached by sanctimonious Brighton fans who are merely exposing themselves as hypocrites in the process?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
That's quite a lot of nonsense to cram into one post.

Firstly, spending the funds made available to the club by the Blooms, IS cutting our cloth accordingly. What an odd thing to say. Those funds were there - we weren't signing players on contracts we couldn't pay, or taking goods and services from contractors that we couldn't pay for. Its a stupid, lazy comparison.

Secondly, please do explain how the multi-award winning Amex Stadium is 'crappy'. The international experts in the areas of architecture
, stadium design and venue management don't seem to agree with you.

then spending the money that Jordan had available is also cutting one's cloth accordingly. I think you'll find that when it began to run out (due to a variety of reasons that do not interest the sanctimonious agendas of some Brighton fans) I think you'll find the 'cloth' was more slashed to pieces rather than cut.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And you demonstrated that, like Tony Bloom, you have no concept of value for money.

I'd imagine the costs for most WORLD CLASS stadiums are certainly in the hundreds of millions. Wonder how much Juventus spent on their new stadium, that was deemed inferior to ours by industry experts? You HATE that we have a phenomenal stadium. "Wonky Warehouse". So embarrassing.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just looked it up, Juventus stadium cost around the same as ours (£90m approx.) Makes sense.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
I'd imagine the costs to get a near enough WORLD CLASS stadium are certainly in the hundreds of millions. Wonder how much Juventus spent on their new stadium, that was deemed inferior to ours by industry experts? You HATE that we have a phenomenal stadium. "Wonky Warehouse". So embarrassing.

You can think what you want of your stadium, it's already dragging your club down as much as it's helping it, and Tony hasn't even called in the costs of building it.... yet. It seems to be Brighton, the Jehovah's Witnesses of football, who can't bear to not be able to bend everyone's will to their own. It's the fawning that is embarrassing, old chum.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So, Brighton's principles are to whore themselves to the Bloom family, jumping this 'natural order of things' preached by sanctimonious Brighton fans who are merely exposing themselves as hypocrites in the process?

It's really not too hard to comprehend. Brighton and Hove Albion are using money that is being made available by the clubs owner. Crystal Palace happily used money they were not entitled to spend, which lead to administration(s). No hypocrisy as far as I can see.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You can think what you want of your stadium.

No - AGAIN, it's the views of industry experts, who know a lot more about this sort of thing than me or you, old chap. It is a SUPERB stadium, as much as you may hate that fact, and it has the industry accolades to back that up.

You are clearly ignorant of the terms of the loan agreement with Tony, quelle surprise there.

Still, keep throwing them up and I'll keep lazily knocking them out of the park, you are fantastic entertainment!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You can think what you want of your stadium, it's already dragging your club down as much as it's helping it, and Tony hasn't even called in the costs of building it.... yet. It seems to be Brighton, the Jehovah's Witnesses of football, who can't bear to not be able to bend everyone's will to their own. It's the fawning that is embarrassing, old chum.

Dragging down? 30,000 fans don't seem to think so.

And how, exactly, do you 'call in' an unsecured, interest free loan?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
And you demonstrated that, like Tony Bloom, you have no concept of value for money.

You really do humor me...

You must lead such a lonely life to be over here all the time. Are you and Seaside aka Glenn-Murray related by any chance? Are you paid by your club to spout your rubbish or do you do it of your own back?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Good grief, you continue to post utter drivel, rarely providing any real substance. Your posts are very suggestive but mostly full of hot air.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here