Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Yes, but they don't live on here bragging about being in the top 2 divisions for 20 odd years as if it's some badge of honour when you're only there because you destroyed some peoples lives.

Just a thought.

Whose life in particular are you talking about?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
QUENTIN- Not saying its right but that is the way business inside and outside of football works. Plenty of other clubs have done the same but you guys never seem to mention them. Bitter?

You are right there CPFC G, so I will mention it. There have been 58 clubs in the last 25 years have gone into administration. 4 Of those clubs are no longer around. 16 of the 58 have never regained league status.

But only 9 have ever done it twice and it appears only one club has never suffered dropping down to the lower leagues due to admin and they are one of the 9, Guess who?

Whose life in particular are you talking about?

Lives plural.

There were many job losses as a result of the millions owed by your owner to companies who had to settle for 1.8p in the pound.

I know of one for definite, a friend, there must have been many, many more.

But don't let that worry you, your league status was preserved.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, but they don't live on here bragging about being in the top 2 divisions for 20 odd years as if it's some badge of honour when you're only there because you destroyed some peoples lives.

Just a thought.

This.

That is what is so galling. You don't tend to get other companies bragging about the times when they've shafted their creditors.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Lives plural.

There were many job losses as a result of the millions owed by your owner to companies who had to settle for 1.8p in the pound.

I know of one for definite, a friend, there must have been many, many more.

But don't let that worry you, your league status was preserved.

Who did your friend work for?

And was his life more or less ruined than the people Brighton just sacked?

Banned
May 19, 2013
Anybody else notice how the numpty nigels never respond to questions about the money they owe from their countless ventures into administration. Constantly giving it large about how much money they have to spend without a thought or consideration for the small businesses and charitable organisations they shafted, then shafted again.

Now I know that most of the nigel's posting on here are terminally stupid but let's try one more time.

NIGEL!!! Now you have all this money why don't you look at paying -something- to the businesses and charities you have screwed over in recent years? I know that there is no legal obligation for you to do so (that's why you just form another company every time you go bust) but don't you think it would be the RIGHT thing to do? Particularly when it is small, often local, businesses you have shafted?

How about asking your chairman on that forum on BBS where you can put questions to................oh...............they've closed it down.

Hmmmm.....so which of you big, bad, boys is going to start a thread on BBS campaigning for the club to pay its dues?

It's not that there isn't any legal obligation to do it, it's the fact that it would be illegal to do it. Surely you know that?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Fair point, I'd be devastated if we lost half our season ticket holders and ended up with as many as you, that would be shocking.

It would indeed be disastrous. Palace managed promotion on such a number of ST holders. Brighton have posted successive £9m losses, lost their manager, key players, and still find themselves in the same division despite crowds being at capacity. Therefore, I agree you'd better retain the interest of all the 75 minuters you can.

Who did your friend work for?

And was his life more or less ruined than the people Brighton just sacked?

I forget the name of the company, something to do with lighting.

They were made redundant, not sacked unless you're talking about Gus, and that has absolutely no relevance to one company going into administration owing another one thousands leading to job losses.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are right there CPFC G, so I will mention it. There have been 58 clubs in the last 25 years have gone into administration. 4 Of those clubs are no longer around. 16 of the 58 have never regained league status.

But only 9 have ever done it twice and it appears only one club has never suffered dropping down to the lower leagues due to admin and they are one of the 9, Guess who?

Disgusting that keep bragging about their status in the top 2 leagues, when from that it appears they are the only ones who've "got away" with going into admin, and twice at that. The ones who've paid for that top 2 status are the unlucky creditors.

They must be the luckiest club in leagues, dodgiest moral compass though.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Disgusting that keep bragging about their status in the top 2 leagues when from that it appears they are the only ones who've 'got away' with going into admin, and twice at that. The ones who've paid for it are the unlucky creditors.

They must be he luckiest club in leagues, dodgiest moral compass though.

They are just as delusional as Glasgow Rangers fans who harp on about all the glory years when in reality the club they support has only existed for a short while.

Banned
May 19, 2013
I forget the name of the company, something to do with lighting.

They were made redundant, not sacked unless you're talking about Gus, and that has absolutely no relevance to one company going into administration owing another one thousands leading to job losses.

See if you can find out the name of the company. The reason I ask is that the vast majority of creditors (and almost all the small businesses) were owed comparatively small sums so I'm surprised to hear someone lost their job over the cost of a month's salary. It's possible that you're bullshitting of course, but I prefer to take you at face value.

Would you recognise the company if you looked over the creditors list?

http://195.171.95.190/portal/ice/finalReports/2862010141671.pdf

I've never been sacked, but I have been made redundant. I can't say that the impact on my life was much different than if I had been sacked. It was horrific. Again, a genuine question, do you think it makes much difference to the people Brighton have let go? Seems like you're splitting hairs in a effort to stay atop your molehill of a moral highground.

Banned
May 19, 2013
They are just as delusional as Glasgow Rangers fans who harp on about all the glory years when in reality the club they support has only existed for a short while.

Rangers were liquidated and a new company formed. We were bought, and a CVA agreed with creditors allowing us to leave administration.

Though I have to say I think even Rangers have a fair claim to be the same club, much as I dislike them. It's the fans who make a club, and if I were a Rangers fan (perish the thought) I would no doubt feel I still supported the same club as ever. I appreciate that for those of you who also have a 'Premiership club' and who deserted Brighton for the years when they needed you most may not quite see it that way.

See if you can find out the name of the company. The reason I ask is that the vast majority of creditors (and almost all the small businesses) were owed comparatively small sums so I'm surprised to hear someone lost their job over the cost of a month's salary. It's possible that you're bullshitting of course, but I prefer to take you at face value.

Would you recognise the company if you looked over the creditors list?

http://195.171.95.190/portal/ice/finalReports/2862010141671.pdf

I've never been sacked, but I have been made redundant. I can't say that the impact on my life was much different than if I had been sacked. It was horrific. Again, a genuine question, do you think it makes much difference to the people Brighton have let go? Seems like you're splitting hairs in a effort to stay atop your molehill of a moral highground.

You seem to be spectacularly missing the point, or being coy.

Banned
May 19, 2013
You seem to be spectacularly missing the point, or being coy.

It is the former. I'm trying to have an honest discussion. Naturally will fight my corner as a Palace fan, but am being upfront and happy to field any points.

What is the point that I am missing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here