Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Interesting view from a Posh fan on the BBC site:

47.Amh
52 Minutes ago
Having seen Gayle play throughout his time at Peterborough, he has great turn of pace and is an excellent finisher, CMS was a better all round player when he left us, but Gayle has far more potential

Also from the site they state the fee is undisclosed and then go on to state this:

The Daggers, who added a sell-on clause in the deal when he joined Peterborough, will collect £1m of the initial fee as a result and 20% of any extra payments.

So if they got a million from a 20% sell on clause it is hardly undisclosed is it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So only around 113 million left then.....oh dear what shall we do....?

HOUSE :O :O :O :O The last Nigel I needed to post to give me a full house on Palace Bingo. The new bingo edition with even more Nigels to cross off starts soon ....... SCUM BINGO :clap:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
HOUSE :O :O :O :O The last Nigel I needed to post to give me a full house on Palace Bingo. The new bingo edition with even more Nigels to cross off starts soon ....... SCUM BINGO :clap:

Old Soggy's playing bingo !
To use a bingo phrase, shake yer balls up .

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This is comedy! 6 Million plus add ons for a 'not as good as CMS' player. Sure he's younger so in a couple years when they've survived a season in the Champ he MAY be an average Champ striker like CMS? We slightly overpaid for an average Champ Striker who works googling hard all the time who we attracted when we were barely a Champ club. They are meant to be Prem and have to pay this much to get SOMEONE WORSE?

Very good for their 'big signing' ready to keep them in the Prem isn't it!

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I understand its more fun to talk crap than listen to reason but the fact that we just got outbid for JonJo shelvey for £6m doesn't make the figure being lauded for Dwight Gale seem a might suspicious?

Christ, someone did you a favour there. Six million for Shelvey?! Dodged a bullet there mate.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
£4.5m for a striker not proven to be premier league standard and struggled against Greer and El-Abd is risky. He could well turn out to be worth the bucks, but if I were a palace fan, i'd want experience for the sake of getting goals to help stay up...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
On SSN tonight it said £4.75 million

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Yes I'm off on holiday too, only mine is organised a long time in advance and not announced abruptly thus closing the so called unique line of communication with a moments notice the day before he and Pinocchio spunk 6 MILLION quid on a carpenter.

I'm not a puppet, I'm a real boy.
Aside from your cocoon of desperately scratching around for crumbs of Brighton comfort, such as 'how much money have Palace spent today' and so on, I think everyone at the club, especially the owners, are extremely happy that the club is in the position to make some high profile signings. This is possible due to having achieved promotion. Compare this situation to, say having to cut the cloth accordingly by declaring yourself out of the running for players like Upson and Bridge, and it's most unlikely that Steve Browett is running for the hills in the strange conspiracy scenario you appear to have built up in your head. Add in the fact that transfers, contract details, team selection and a whole host of other sensitive information are off limits in the CPFC2010 forum, and it doesn't give your fantasy much credence at all.

Still, it's not been the best summer for some, and I call on everyone to humour 'Hillian1' and all like him - there can never be enough altruism in the world to go around, especially in places where bitterness and paranoia are the order of the day.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It makes me laugh all these palace on here talking about how great it is to get in to the prem. I had the same last season as living and working in Reading, such a bunch of happy smiling fans for all of the first four games of the season. After that I never seen such a miserable bunch. For some reason didn't want to talk about football or the mighty Royals much. I honestly would not of swapped their season with the season we had, even with its ending. I was smiling a lot more on a Monday morning then they were. They could not give a toss about the money they made or the big teams that went to the mad stad, all they wanted was to see their team win and play well.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
It makes me laugh all these palace on here talking about how great it is to get in to the prem. I had the same last season as living and working in Reading, such a bunch of happy smiling fans for all of the first four games of the season. After that I never seen such a miserable bunch. For some reason didn't want to talk about football or the mighty Royals much. I honestly would not of swapped their season with the season we had, even with its ending. I was smiling a lot more on a Monday morning then they were. They could not give a toss about the money they made or the big teams that went to the mad stad, all they wanted was to see their team win and play well.

It's possible though, that they will enjoy their season in the Championship far more than Brighton will, unless of course you are still of the belief that treading water in your division is the best way to progress as a club.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It's possible though, that they will enjoy their season in the Championship far more than Brighton will, unless of course you are still of the belief that treading water in your division is the best way to progress as a club.

I don't care if they do, Reading fans are ok. I have watch Brighton for many years and I am very happy with what we have now. If this is treading water so be it. When we were in the championship at the Withdean it was shit getting battered every week. Just because it was by clubs with bigger resources did not make me feel any better. Will palace get battered every week next season? I don't know. But the novelty will soon wear off if you do, getting done over by Liverpool, will feel no better then losing to Bristol city or at least it shouldn't.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
I don't care if they do, Reading fans are ok. I have watch Brighton for many years and I am very happy with what we have now. If this is treading water so be it. When we were in the championship at the Withdean it was shit getting battered every week. Just because it was by clubs with bigger resources did not make me feel any better. Will palace get battered every week next season? I don't know. But the novelty will soon wear off if you do, getting done over by Liverpool, will feel no better then losing to Bristol city or at least it shouldn't.
I understand the sentiment of not enjoying your team being routinely beaten each week, but not that of criticising people for celebrating a promotion, come what may. Even a relegation season can be enjoyable if you're in with a fighting chance for the most part. For what it's worth, my least favourite season for Palace in the top flight was when Wright was sold and we ambled to mid table obscurity. I know one thing for certain - there have been plenty of mediocre seasons in the Championship that I have disliked way more than any I've seen in the top division. Some of those years are the ones that dented our fan base so much to the delight of many Brighton fans (one in particular of course).

Be careful what you wish for - it would be interesting to see how a few tedious Championship seasons might affect the much vaunted Brighton ST selling machine.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Be careful what you wish for - it would be interesting to see how a few tedious Championship seasons might affect the much vaunted Brighton ST selling machine.

Yeah, three seasons in and we're already seeing this in action. Oh wait..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here