Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Well yes you could make it up and quite clearly thats exactly what the Sun has done. As you yourself said Sky is quoting the figure as 4.5m. So clearly if there is a variety of figures being slung around its mostly complete and utter tosh. I choose to believe the figure quoted in the Guardian based off the fact I know the writer and he tends to be a hell of a lot more accurate. But you bleieve whatever you want Chipper :)

You know the writer personally? Just curious as I do (sort of) too having worked in sports PR for a number of years and met him on the odd occasion and spoke to him numerous times.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I watched him, as many other Albion fans did, struggle against Greer and Upson last April at Peterborough.
He stands out in my memory not for his football ability, but the fact he looked like a nine year old and he was so lightweight.
He was easily knocked off the ball and our not so fast central defenders had him tied up all game.
I am not trying to get one over on the Palace fans here, but he looked a long way away from being Premiership class back then in April and even if the fee was around £3mill, I think Palace have taken a huge gamble with this lad.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Yes I'm off on holiday too, only mine is organised a long time in advance and not announced abruptly thus closing the so called unique line of communication with a moments notice the day before he and Pinocchio spunk 6 MILLION quid on a carpenter.

I'm not a puppet, I'm a real boy.

£2.75m for the lad, a little bit more than the sub CMS or Ulloa, who was utter shite in the POs.

Good work Palace.

EDIT, just read the Guardian article and it's £3.25m, not much of a gamble when we've just trousered £145m.

£2.75m for the lad, a little bit more than the sub CMS or Ulloa, who was utter shite in the POs.

Good work Palace.

Really.:D

So it's 3.25 according to the Gruniad, 6 MILLION according to most other media and some no mark Palace gimp says 2.75.

Guess it must be true then.

:facepalm:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Really.:D

So it's 3.25 according to the Gruniad, 6 MILLION according to most other media and some no mark Palace gimp says 2.75.

Guess it must be true then

I'm more inclined to believe the G than the Sun. No need to guess which one you're capable of reading.

BBS in masturbating frenzy shocker.

War Chief

this guy appears to be the most sought after striker in The Championship, and we've had to pay top dollar for his services. We've probably spent half our summer transfer budget on him, but if he scores 20 goals for us next season he'll be worth £25m. Sure it's a gamble, but he looks like exactly what we need. Welcome aboard Dwight.

Now, if we sign Thomas, Odemwingie and Adomah for a combined £3m we'll have a pretty scary attack, add in a decent couple of defenders for another £3m and we are ready to go.

:D

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I watched him, as many other Albion fans did, struggle against Greer and Upson last April at Peterborough.
He stands out in my memory not for his football ability, but the fact he looked like a nine year old and he was so lightweight.
He was easily knocked off the ball and our not so fast central defenders had him tied up all game.

Well that just sums it up doesn't it. Parrish and Carrot Cruncher haven't brought him for his football skills but more for winning penalties as they've lost their penalty winner. Shall be interesting to see how many pens he wins as he's so lightweight in the box.

Dwight Gayle
six+million+dollar+man.jpg

Steve Austin
gayle-signs-4361-891962_478x359.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BBS in masturbating frenzy shocker.

War Chief

this guy appears to be the most sought after striker in The Championship, and we've had to pay top dollar for his services. We've probably spent half our summer transfer budget on him, but if he scores 20 goals for us next season he'll be worth £25m. Sure it's a gamble, but he looks like exactly what we need. Welcome aboard Dwight.

Now, if we sign Thomas, Odemwingie and Adomah for a combined £3m we'll have a pretty scary attack, add in a decent couple of defenders for another £3m and we are ready to go.

:D

Bristol City have rejected £1M bids from Palarse and Wigan for Adomah and are holding out for more despite their relegation into League 1. My source in Yorkshire tells me that Ross McCormack has itchy feet and is keen to get away from Elland Road and the asking price is likely to be £2.5M as he has 2 years left on his current deal.

Bristol City have rejected £1M bids from Palarse and Wigan for Adomah and are holding out for more despite their relegation into League 1. My source in Yorkshire tells me that Ross McCormack has itchy feet and is keen to get away from Elland Road and the asking price is likely to be £2.5M as he has 2 years left on his current deal.

Ross McCormack?

My god, BBS will go into total meltdown.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well yes you could make it up and quite clearly thats exactly what the Sun has done. As you yourself said Sky is quoting the figure as 4.5m. So clearly if there is a variety of figures being slung around its mostly complete and utter tosh. I choose to believe the figure quoted in the Guardian based off the fact I know the writer and he tends to be a hell of a lot more accurate. But you bleieve whatever you want Chipper :)

OK I bleieve....I bleieve....

OK I bleieve....I bleieve....

So do I.

That's one gimp poster with "a reliable source" and another one who "know's the writer" So it must be true. i didn't know that ALL the Palace gimps on here were so well connected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here