Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace..............it's pay back time!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It will be a walk in the (Selhurst) park for you.
Should be.
BUT, our home form is probably the best in the league
How so? Yesterday was your first home win in 5, so your form isn't great. Over the whole season Cardiff have been better at home.
and IF the pre Christmas Palace turn up, it could be closer then a lot of you think.
Is Dougie coming back then?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
We will absolutely destroy that sad sack of a club who dare to be in the same league as us while pulling in half our 30k crowds unless there's a Groupon deal on. In all sincerity they cannot live with us on the field- they've only got a plan A and a plan B whereas we've got plans A through to E. Ex-Palace triallist Liam is going to pass them a new arzehole.

Feeling a bit confident eh botty ?:) you will beat us no problems it's your destiny innit .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Feeling a bit confident eh botty ?:) you will beat us no problems it's your destiny innit .

Ha ha hello my good palace friend........step aside now,the Brighton Premier Express is coming and it is not due to stop.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Jesus, who am I kidding. We're miles better than them, we're going to ****ing destroy them.
:) we haven't got a prayer trig . After all ollys destroyed the team .

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think Palace are rather enjoying the underdog tag. It's by no means a certainty that we'll do it, they've got players easily capable of causing us some problems, but if our defence holds solid across the two games, I'm confident that we'll be fine. Keeping 11 players on the pitch at Selhurst would be a good start.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Got to concede you lot are probably more happy at playing us then we are you! That is only based on current form. If we can somehow manage to produce the form of 2months or so ago then we are more than capable of turning you over. However if we continue our current form barring saturday it could be very uncomfortable for us! My biggest concern is at the back just far to error prone right now. Cant see a clean sheet from us so just gotta make sure we score more than you! All set up for FFS.. Absolutely ******** it!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yeah im not massively confident.

I think Gus will play for a draw/a narrow win at Selhurst and then get the job finished at the Amex. Palace will have a hard time breaking down the leagues best defence at Selhurst - which this time wont be ravaged by injuries (Bridge is back, Calderon will be back, we now have Upson and Ulloa) - they wont be beating us 3-0 like last December.

Its going to be 180 minutes of nerve-wracking hell for both sides.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah im not massively confident.

I think Gus will play for a draw/a narrow win at Selhurst and then get the job finished at the Amex. Palace will have a hard time breaking down the leagues best defence at Selhurst - which this time wont be ravaged by injuries (Bridge is back, Calderon will be back, we now have Upson and Ulloa) - they wont be beating us 3-0 like last December.

Its going to be 180 minutes of nerve-wracking hell for both sides.

Insignificant to the 14 years we have just served.........relax and unwind

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We seem to lose to Palace when we think we'll win, and win when we have no hope.

So, with that in mind, I am very worried about Palace beating us on Friday. They have to be strong favorites to beat us at Selhurst, which is not a lucky ground for us in recent memory.

Stand or Fall.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:) we haven't got a prayer trig . After all ollys destroyed the team .
Indeed. I slightly feel for you, no one deserves that joker. I still can't believe they let Dougie go, this was your season. Murray on fire, Zaha was playing great (and you knew he couldn't stay), it was your best (and dare I say only) chance to go up and get a shed load of cash to help develop the club. You just don't let your manager go (this doesn't include when a premier league club come and take him, but Bolton? FFS :facepalm:).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
*Unlike* this thread
Don't worry, if we lose all Palace fans will be banned and this thread will be deleted - it never happened.

Actually I think I'm going to cope with this week better if I just pretend it's a forgone conclusion, it's too stressful to accept it could end in tears.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Don't worry, if we lose all Palace fans will be banned and this thread will be deleted - it never happened.

Actually I think I'm going to cope with this week better if I just pretend it's a forgone conclusion, it's too stressful to accept it could end in tears.

Avoidance is the most commonly used coping strategy :thumbsup:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

It's more what the footballing gods will think of the over-confidence. Even my dad fancies us to walk it and that's never happened before.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's more what the footballing gods will think of the over-confidence.
Whatever we do the footballing gods will have their fun, either at our expense or Palace's. They don't tend to listen to prayers either, so just hope they need a laugh at Palace more than they want one at us.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
whilst i comment the spirit, and i think that we will win. I can't help but think that if it was truly destiny, then we would beat them in the final, at Wembley. In the 'most valuable club game on earth'

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The gods have provided Albion with the perfect opportunity to lay the ghosts of all the bad results against the Eagles,all the humiliation of being bellow you in the leagues and all the stick we have had to endure from you as a result,to rest..

There is no PLAN B

Form goes out of the window,seasons results count for nothing.

Brighton will be promoted this season and the Pheonix of Edgar Street will finally rest.

Why? ....................it's our destiny..

It would certainly be payback for the terrible 5-0 defeat up there.

Can we take the chance ?

The players must give everything on Friday, Stand or Fall.

I think our advantage is that we some have very good squad players, and can rotate them reasonably easily over the 2 legs. I'm not sure, but I don't think Palace really have that luxury, and Phillips certainly won't be playing 180 / 210 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here