Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Not at all, I have a lot of time for TB, just not the hypocritical and holier than thou approach of many who live off his coat tails.

And in the absence of any tangible proof of the the root of his money other than the spending of it, questioning the viability of indefinite handouts from a single benefactor is something that every prudent Brighton fan should care about.

:yawn:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Because you would have a lot less money to spend on wages, transfer fees, signing on fees etc, therefore employing players of lesser ability, and as a result, your performances, and results would nosedive, closely followed by your attendances, resulting in less money to spend on players, and on and on in a viscous circle, until relegation becomes an inevitability. Thishas been proven in numerous clubs over te years. But, as you didn't pay the debt back, you keep your good young players, and you sign a better standard of player than you would otherwise be able to attract, therefore keeping your falsely elevated league position.

I hope this explains it to you, so you understand it now.

Had Raymond Bloye not sold the land to sainsbury's and pocketed it himself, not only directly taking equity out of the club but compromising further crowd revenue and expansion....

Had Ron Noades not asset stripped the club by appropriating the stadium and using club profits to fund his own business interests before selling the club, without selling to an idiot for a vast sum of money that was then not available for investment into the club. Also the non sale of the stadium hamstrung any sell on possibilities that would have averted admin....

Had Jordan not seen his other business interests go awry, had he insisted on the stadium being part of the acquisition so he in turn could have sold the club to avert admin....

....then there is every reason that Palace could have been way more successful. It's all swings and roundabouts, just like Brighton not being anywhere near where they're at without opening their legs like a whore to the wallet of Tony Bloom. Palace will not wear admin like a sackcloth and ashes just because if a string of random business events, just like Brighton need not sit red faced whenever they sit above League One just because they take handouts from a sugar daddy.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
This would be the bloke you sarcastically referred to as the 'Gnome' on another thread, yeah?

Who said Palace were a bunch of hypocrites?

I've never said that. Also, having a lot of time for him, yet criticising and lampooning him would not make the two mutually exclusive even if your wild, unfounded accusation were true.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'm saying that once the Amex was built it was supposed to be the club's cash cow, not something that cost more to staff than revenue it brought in. Does every hotel built successfully make a profit, Andy?

The difference is the Amex isn't leased out. If the hotel is built then we lease it out and the hotellier deals with the running cost. That is a big difference.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've never said that. Also, having a lot of time for him, yet criticising and lampooning him would not make the two mutually exclusive even if your wild, unfounded accusation were true.

You're quite right. Apologies there.

That's the trouble with Palace trolls - there's so many of you lot on here telling us how little you think of us because we're so insignificant and you're just so successful and so secure within yourselves in that fact that your detritus tends to merge into one giant ball of shit.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Are you saying once the hotel is built we won't get more than 2-3 million a year? Our catering contract stands at £5 million.

Not trolling here andy1980, but have you specific details of the catering contract?
Just have a genuine interest in that and facilities management related issues.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Not trolling here andy1980, but have you specific details of the catering contract?
Just have a genuine interest in that and facilities management related issues.

There was a article in a hospitality magazine stating the deal was £25 million over 5 years. The club never reveals financial deals.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Had Raymond Bloye not sold the land to sainsbury's and pocketed it himself, not only directly taking equity out of the club but compromising further crowd revenue and expansion....

Had Ron Noades not asset stripped the club by appropriating the stadium and using club profits to fund his own business interests before selling the club, without selling to an idiot for a vast sum of money that was then not available for investment into the club. Also the non sale of the stadium hamstrung any sell on possibilities that would have averted admin....

Had Jordan not seen his other business interests go awry, had he insisted on the stadium being part of the acquisition so he in turn could have sold the club to avert admin....

....then there is every reason that Palace could have been way more successful. It's all swings and roundabouts, just like Brighton not being anywhere near where they're at without opening their legs like a whore to the wallet of Tony Bloom. Palace will not wear admin like a sackcloth and ashes just because if a string of random business events, just like Brighton need not sit red faced whenever they sit above League One just because they take handouts from a sugar daddy.

So Palace never took handouts from the sugar daddy known as Lloyds bank then, who let go all the rent they were owed and sold the shit heap at real knock down price then, just so you could survive to rob again another day?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
So Palace never took handouts from the sugar daddy known as Lloyds bank then, who let go all the rent they were owed and sold the shit heap at real knock down price then, just so you could survive to rob again another day?

Lloyd's protected their investment in terms if getting the best price available from the only serious buyer rather than letting their investment depreciate further. They also inserted an embarrassment clause to ensure a percentage of any further sale.

Regardless, I'm not attempting to escape gratitude for any of Palace's historical fortuities, nor wallow in pity at past misfortunes, so your attempts at faux guilt tripping are futile. Need you be reminded that it is Brighton fans who continually display their hypocrisy in this manner?

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
You're quite right. Apologies there.

That's the trouble with Palace trolls - there's so many of you lot on here telling us how little you think of us because we're so insignificant and you're just so successful and so secure within yourselves in that fact that your detritus tends to merge into one giant ball of shit.
So, to summarise, you don't have the intellectual capacity to organise your thoughts, and I should take the blame for other people's comments should they offend you?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Nice of them to also hand over the profits to which you referred.

Never said anything about profits. I said you charge them about £3 million a year which will cover the cost of the Youth academy. You are putting words into my mouth.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So, to summarise, you don't have the intellectual capacity to organise your thoughts, and I should take the blame for other people's comments should they offend you?

Ooh, get you. Seeing as I had to remind you of the question I was replying to on another thread because you either didn't read it properly or misunderstood, it might behove you to be a little less in love with yourself on here. Just a thought.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Ooh, get you. Seeing as I had to remind you of the question I was replying to on another thread because you either didn't read it properly or misunderstood, it might behove you to be a little less in love with yourself on here. Just a thought.

I simply asked you to summarise your jabbering responses into one intelligible point, which you thankfully did. It boiled down to 'my team are shit, but I feel happier that I live in Brighton and not Croydon'.

I couldn't believe that you'd expended so much energy in trying to get this crumb of comfort off your chest, and thank you for elucidating the extent of your small mindedness.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Never said anything about profits. I said you charge them about £3 million a year which will cover the cost of the Youth academy. You are putting words into my mouth.
So you use the money from 'the lease' to pay to fund the academy before paying back the expenditure of actually building the hotel or the academy? Easy to see how Bloom made all this money he's now spending.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You could have just written that you misunderstood.

And probably not made such a big point of how much effort I was expending given the verbal diarrhoea you're spewing onto this thread. That post in particular.

Irony. It's like goldy but different.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So, basically none of it is your clubs fault, and if it wasn't for those pesky bent buisness men you would be the British Bayern Munich? Let's just remind ourselves, Unclr Ron bankrolled your club for many years, ripping off Charlton and Wimbledon for extortionate rent along the way, I seem to remember Palace fans shouting from the rooftops about what a great owner Jordan was going to be for you,a real multi millionaire Palace fan, and you have the nerve to insinuate that we have rolled over for Tony Bloom? To use your own analogy, if we are Tony Blooms young trophy mistress, then Palace is a disease ridden, rancid old whore, willing to drop her knickers for any passing spiv, with the coin, no matter how crookedly gained, to show her a temporary good time,and to hell with the consequences

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here