[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Palace have done really well this season against all the odds. Good luck to them.

I agree with you but I still had to give you a thumbs down. Soz.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Not "produced" then. That is what I said.

For once, I find myself agreeing with the invariably confused Hillian. Aside from the clumsy semantics he used to attempt to escape his latest blundering, he accidentally stumbled upon the correct answer anyway. Regardless if we're talking about talent 'produced' or hawked from other academies (no doubt with the help of the scandalous EPPP voted in by Bloom on behalf of his apparently morally superior club), this is Brighton we're talking about.

Therefore, regardless of the amount of money uneccesarily thrown at the academy, one can fully expect any talent ('produced or otherwise) will take twice as long to appear than at any other club, if it appears at all.

The only consolation will come via the knowledge that this failure rolled in at about £120m less than the last one.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
For once, I find myself agreeing with the invariably confused Hillian. Aside from the clumsy semantics he used to attempt to escape his latest blundering, he accidentally stumbled upon the correct answer anyway. Regardless if we're talking about talent 'produced' or hawked from other academies (no doubt with the help of the scandalous EPPP voted in by Bloom on behalf of his apparently morally superior club), this is Brighton we're talking about.

Therefore, regardless of the amount of money uneccesarily thrown at the academy, one can fully expect any talent ('produced or otherwise) will take twice as long to appear than at any other club, if it appears at all.

The only consolation will come via the knowledge that this failure rolled in at about £120m less than the last one.

You well jel?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Of all the bile and bull I read on here about Palace fans (which I have to accept as it is after all your forum) I will not accept criticism of any Palace fan for the St Johns debt as the fans (including this fan) paid it.
I know you know this and you diminish any relevant points you have by continuing to bring it up.
O
Tough luck in the play offs btw better luck next year[/QUOT

It really doesn't matter who payed the debt, it matters more who didn't pay it. Your clubs previous owners were willing to see a charity go unpaid to prop up their failing buisness

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure how anyone can call Palace hypocrites when they are a league above Brighton despite the 'New Barca' and 'Champions League within 5 years' claims on here and their site.

Yeah, right, like anyone ever claimed or thought that on here.

Dullard, Dunce, Fool, Dolt.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

We had to vote the EPPP in. The Premiership said that if it wasn't voted in, they would withhold solidarity payments. Thats some clubs lifeline. You might be comfortable with watching clubs go out of business because you took the moral high ground but I think we done the right thing.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
We had to vote the EPPP in. The Premiership said that if it wasn't voted in, they would withhold solidarity payments. Thats some clubs lifeline. You might be comfortable with watching clubs go out of business because you took the moral high ground but I think we done the right thing.

So BHAFC voted EPPP in to save other clubs, How very noble. ???

More like The Penguin didn't have the balls that other chairmen showed in standing up to the Premier league at the time. If all 72 clubs had voted against it then the Premier league would have surely had to have a rethink.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

More like The Penguin didn't have the balls that other chairmen showed in standing up to the Premier league at the time. If all 72 clubs had voted against it then the Premier league would have surely had to have a rethink.
Thats a big risk to take, when failure is clubs shutting down. You guys on the other hand will not use the rules to your advantage as you are taking the moral high ground (I think not). Its really easy doing the right thing when you know in reality it won't have any real affect on the final outcome.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Yep, with EPPP not negatively impacting us, we voted for the solidarity payments, that some clubs rely on to exist, to continue.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Of all the bile and bull I read on here about Palace fans (which I have to accept as it is after all your forum) I will not accept criticism of any Palace fan for the St Johns debt as the fans (including this fan) paid it.
I know you know this and you diminish any relevant points you have by continuing to bring it up.
O
Tough luck in the play offs btw better luck next year[/QUOT

It really doesn't matter who payed the debt, it matters more who didn't pay it. Your clubs previous owners were willing to see a charity go unpaid to prop up their failing buisness

Then taunt the owners not the fans

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
So, what are the complexities ???

For a start, clubs are starting to close their academies because they are being forced to finance them to a certain level before their funding will be matched. They are electing instead to close them altogether and pocket the money instead to pay for journeymen pros. But what happens to all the youngsters wanting to make it in football? Why, they'll have to go to one of the few remaining clubs who still have academies, the ones who already have shitloads of money.

Clubs like Man City and Chelsea, who due to increasing FFP restrictions can no longer do a Wenger and buy up youngsters for big money. What luck that all the country's best talent is being funnelled to them automatically, and even if they do miss out by some great coincidence, a system is in place whereby they can hoover up kids from other academies for nothing, anyway. That includes other Cat. 1 academies, Brighton fans.

Now, before you guys get too carried away with your own academy, it's worth noting that you will be required to spend a minimum amount of funding per year (probably between £2.5-5m per year) on your academy to retain its status, which given the way things are going, might not be the best news for your shoe string budget.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
For a start, clubs are starting to close their academies because they are being forced to finance them to a certain level before their funding will be matched. They are electing instead to close them altogether and pocket the money instead to pay for journeymen pros. But what happens to all the youngsters wanting to make it in football? Why, they'll have to go to one of the few remaining clubs who still have academies, the ones who already have shitloads of money.

Clubs like Man City and Chelsea, who due to increasing FFP restrictions can no longer do a Wenger and buy up youngsters for big money. What luck that all the country's best talent is being funnelled to them automatically, and even if they do miss out by some great coincidence, a system is in place whereby they can hoover up kids from other academies for nothing, anyway. That includes other Cat. 1 academies, Brighton fans.

Now, before you guys get too carried away with your own academy, it's worth noting that you will be required to spend a minimum amount of funding per year (probably between £2.5-5m per year) on your academy to retain its status, which given the way things are going, might not be the best news for your shoe string budget.

It's true academies are shutting down, but the alternative were clubs would shut down instead. You can say all the bad things about this system (as obviously there are), but ignoring the bad side of the alternative, doesn't do your argument any justice.

I am sure without the threat of withdrawing solidarity payments, this system wouldn't have been voted in.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If they came on here, , I would, but until they do, you lot will have to do. I think for Palace fans to settle that particular debt was a good thing to do, but the fact still stands, that without the 2 administrations you would not be a premier league team now , as you would have been relegated, as under todays rule forfeited ten points

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
If they came on here, , I would, but until they do, you lot will have to do. I think for Palace fans to settle that particular debt was a good thing to do, but the fact still stands, that without the 2 administrations you would not be a premier league team now , as you would have been relegated, as under todays rule forfeited ten points

How is that a fact?

We were deducted 10 points and still stayed up. The first time i don't recall whether we were deducted points but were relegated anyway. I don't see any facts in your post whatsoever.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013

There is every reason to believe that, had Goldberg not come in and ****ed everything up (when Palace were a PL club), that they could have established themselves in the PL for years to come.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
It's true academies are shutting down, but the alternative were clubs would shut down instead. You can say all the bad things about this system (as obviously there are), but ignoring the bad side of the alternative, doesn't do your argument any justice.

I am sure without the threat of withdrawing solidarity payments, this system wouldn't have been voted in.
Would they really, Andy? How about the clubs showing solidarity and saying, we don't think this is fair, and not is threatening to withdraw funding unless we vote it in?

Just a coincidence I presume, that altruistic Brighton had an eye on Cat 1 status themselves down the line.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just a coincidence I presume, that altruistic Brighton had an eye on Cat 1 status themselves down the line.

Altruism (and variants thereof) is such a great word Vince. I can't help thinking that The Last Dodo might surprise us all and use it in one of his BBS posts any day now.

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports