Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
If ever there was a thread to be deleted................

Or at least ended.

The only Palace related threads that get deleted are the match day ones where half the NSC has made a prat of themselves with silly comments. 3-3! :clap2:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just to add a bit of reality into this, the Academy will not even start to produce players with a salable value for at least 5 years, possibly ten.

Nonsense.

Not all of the players 'produced' by an academy are ones that have joined the club at the age of 7.

Walcott signed for Southampton at 11 or 12 and was sold for millions at 16, for example.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bloody auto correct, they come on here waving their little dicks about :lolol:

I thought waving ducks was funnier.

dan_the_duck_waving_w.gif

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Just to add a bit of reality into this, the Academy will not even start to produce players with a salable value for at least 5 years, possibly ten.

I knew there would be at least one Albion fan on here that would be realistic shame about others though

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Is cjd trying to take his mind off his condition with a dose of RSI ????

Good old cjd !
A man who finds EVERY Palace fans post, and gives it a thumb down .
What a guy !

Edit - and another one ! Plus old Soggy's gave me one, bless their cotton little socks :)

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nonsense.

Not all of the players 'produced' by an academy are ones that have joined the club at the age of 7.

Walcott signed for Southampton at 11 or 12 and was sold for millions at 16, for example.

Absolutely right. It will also help us get the next Rohan Ince/Liam Bridcutt type players who are leaving Premier League clubs and want to try to make it in the Championship. We can now offer them great facilities as well as a new stadium, 28,000 crowds and the chance of going up to the Premier League in the next few years.

Nonsense.

Why is it nonsense Hans?

You have sited ONE player who joined Saints Academy (a well established one too) in the lower end of the timescale I predicted (5 years).

Also, the player is an exceptional talent, an International by the time he was 17, these players are not made they are born.

I want our new Training Facility to work and produce youngsters as much as any Brighton fan, but FFS, be realistic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why is it nonsense Hans?

You have sited ONE player who joined Saints Academy (a well established one too) in the lower end of the timescale I predicted (5 years).

Also, the player is an exceptional talent, an International by the time he was 17, these players are not made they are born.

I want our new Training Facility to work and produce youngsters as much as any Brighton fan, but FFS, be realistic.

We all know its going to take between 5 and 10 years to embed the academy but in the meantime there will still be a few players acquired from other clubs who want to jump ship.

We all know its going to take between 5 and 10 years to embed the academy but in the meantime there will still be a few players acquired from other clubs who want to jump ship.

Not "produced" then. That is what I said.

in_the_sand

Banned
Mar 7, 2010
Not sure how anyone can call Palace hypocrites when they are a league above Brighton despite the 'New Barca' and 'Champions League within 5 years' claims on here and their site.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was going to lambast the Palace man for his lack of paragraphs. We all need to breath. But, instead, I ended up with a random quote from who knows where.

Maybe [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] does.

Ooooh. That looks like fun.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
As you say, we owe ONE man the money, not the tax man, St Johns Ambulance Brigade, Old uncle Tom Cobbley and all, you just cant come to terms with the fact, that one man is a life long fan, who's family has a long history with our club, and has taken shares in the club for the long term, and we have never shafted anyone.

And btw, I hate candy floss

Of all the bile and bull I read on here about Palace fans (which I have to accept as it is after all your forum) I will not accept criticism of any Palace fan for the St Johns debt as the fans (including this fan) paid it.
I know you know this and you diminish any relevant points you have by continuing to bring it up.

Tough luck in the play offs btw better luck next year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here