Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The way Palace talk about their Academy, you'd think they have been churning out players like Barcelona.

Oooh hold the front page, VICTOR MOSES is in town.

In all honesty, who knows what the varying degree of attractiveness between us and them are going to be for young players. Significant investment in our academy, coupled with a place in the Premier League could give us the advantage. However, on the flip side we might still be swilling around in the Championship in five years time.

Palace seem to think that now they've survived in the Premier League for one season that they're set to for life. It could all end in tears next season, though.

I am quite happy for Palace to have the upper hand on us for the moment. The wheel turns rapidly in football. Not long ago, Pompey fans were laughing at Southampton.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Your academy isn't even built yet mate, one step at a time

I'm not claiming it's going to start churning out and attracting amazing players as soon as the doors open! My point was that Palace fans dismissing the possibility that we might become a more attractive proposition for young players in future years are making themselves look a bit foolish IMHO.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Your academy isn't even built yet mate, one step at a time

A bit of a stretch. Yes, it doesn't open until next month, but the auditors have already started their assessment for whether it reaches category 1 status.

The unknown ( at the moment ) is the quality of staff employed, but to be honest, do you build one of the finest training complexes in Europe, and then staff it with fools ? ???

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
I'm not claiming it's going to start churning out and attracting amazing players as soon as the doors open! My point was that Palace fans dismissing the possibility that we might become a more attractive proposition for young players in future years are making themselves look a bit foolish IMHO.

It takes a fair while to establish an academy, it isn't a quick thing, but yep in future years you may well be developing quality players out of your academy, who knows?

Just to add a bit of reality into this, the Academy will not even start to produce players with a salable value for at least 5 years, possibly ten.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Sorry I don't really follow everything that happens at Brighton, so I wouldn't know when your academy opens mate.

So you haven’t heard about Albion’s thirty-million-pound training complex, which opens next month?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I can't speak for others to be fair, but things can change very quickly in football, so always best to exercise caution when spouting off I find

Yet you and your lot come on here on a daily basis waving your little ducks about.

Pot, kettle etc

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
If ever there was a thread to be deleted................

Or at least ended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here