Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I wondered if you knew, or were making it up.

It wouldn't surprise me I must say but if you are going to post something like this at least have the courage of your convictions to back it up.

Why would I make it up ?
If I did, I'm sure there's plenty on here who would call me a lying pikie scumbag.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Rooney didn't have a bad season, and RVP was constantly injured. Januzaj came into the side relatively unheralded, and did brilliantly, which suggests Moyes is quite happy to play younger players if they're good enough.

So is it that Zaha wasn't good enough, or that his attitude was all wrong? One of the main broadsheet football writers mentioned recently (no Albion connection, just a Cardiff match report) that the word amongst the journalist community was that Zaha is developing- or perhaps has always had, I've no idea- a significant attitude problem and that the only person who needs to wake up to it is the player himself. If that sort of reputation is widely known within the media, it's not easily rectified. I've also heard on the grapevine from a friend with, let's just say strong Croydon connections, that he has an awful lot of unsavoury hangers on in his private life, the sort of individuals attracted to the money and status of a footballer. That type of parasite has broken the careers of many a talented player (and I quite happily admit he has talent), and it's quite clear that he could easily go the same way. Maybe he needs to be a big fish in a small pond again, I don't know. But right now, I don't think he can sit back and blame David Moyes for his position.

I think you could be close to the truth Edna, Moyes strikes me as the sort of manager who considers the attitude and character of a player to be just as important as playing ability. A good thing in my mind.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think you could be close to the truth Edna, Moyes strikes me as the sort of manager who considers the attitude and character of a player to be just as important as playing ability. A good thing in my mind.

The odd thing is, I'd have expected the same from Fergie. I'd have thought he would have spent a fair while checking out Zaha's character before signing him, as he was never the sort to tolerate any player who developed an inflated sense of importance (see Beckham, for example, or Paul Ince). We'll never know whether Zaha would have played if Fergie had remained in charge, but if (IF) this so-called attitude problem is an issue, it would seem unlikely. What's quite telling is that United have had their worst season in years, and it would seem to have been the perfect chance for a talented player to grab his chance. Januzaj certainly did. Yet Zaha never even got close, which certainly suggests some kind of .issue not related purely to ability....and nobody really believes all this stuff about Moyes' daughter, do they?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I very much doubt that there is any truth to the rumours about Moyes' daughter, both have publicly said that they've never met each other. I suspect there were several things that went again Wilf at Man United under Moyes' managership. Firstly, several new managers have been put out of jobs because they lost the dressing rooms over dropping certain players. It was widely reported that AVB lost his job at Chelsea because of dropping players and its possible that Moyes didn't want to rock the boat because of this. Secondly, there is rumours that Wilf liked Manchester nightclubs...a lot. It was widely reported in newspapers that this was why Moyes was going out on loan to Cardiff and not back to Palace (no direct quotes from Moyes saying that however). From personal interaction with the player I can't really believe that Wilf was 'troublesome' or had a 'bad attitude'. I've been fortunate enough to speak with him several times and he has always seemed a very grounded individual and several players who played with him at Palace have referred to him this way.

A lot of young players that go to new clubs with a big price tag on their backs seem to struggle. I personally believe that this is what has occurred with Wilf, whilst impressing during the preseason tour Moyes didn't believe Wilf was quite ready to be part of the first team at Old Trafford. Despite allowing him to stagnate in the reserves for a large part of the season (this may of course have been to allow him to bring on his game with the development team and get used to the club) Wilf was then loaned out to a club that was really struggling on and off the pitch. It is important to remember several Cardiff players have said that the off the pitch debacles at Cardiff have very poorly affected the team. Some of these that should be remembered have included the protracted issues with Ian Moody and Malky Mackay and their dismissals; bringing in a 23 year old work exchange student (who is a friend of the owner's son) to replace Moody who then couldn't get a visa to work, the ongoing negative relationship that the fans have with the owner, the crux of which being over the potential loss of identity to the club etc. It is quite possible that given all of the off-pitch turmoil, along with a very poor team, a manager with no experience (OGS) and a reportedly very low team morale all had a large effect on Wilf being able to perform at Cardiff.

Whilst, all I have written is supposition, I think it is all just as possible as the player having a bad attitude.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't help noticing that you were banned from here on 4/5/2014 under your old username darling. Maybe make yourself scarce for a bit eh? There's a good chap.

It's the Seaside / glenn-murray / The Rock Says / Hans is a Lier troll isn't it ? ???

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am pretty sure that Palace did indeed have March on their books when he was younger.

Thankfully they messed up, and let him go.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Rooney didn't have a bad season, and RVP was constantly injured. Januzaj came into the side relatively unheralded, and did brilliantly, which suggests Moyes is quite happy to play younger players if they're good enough.

So is it that Zaha wasn't good enough, or that his attitude was all wrong? One of the main broadsheet football writers mentioned recently (no Albion connection, just a Cardiff match report) that the word amongst the journalist community was that Zaha is developing- or perhaps has always had, I've no idea- a significant attitude problem and that the only person who needs to wake up to it is the player himself. If that sort of reputation is widely known within the media, it's not easily rectified. I've also heard on the grapevine from a friend with, let's just say strong Croydon connections, that he has an awful lot of unsavoury hangers on in his private life, the sort of individuals attracted to the money and status of a footballer. That type of parasite has broken the careers of many a talented player (and I quite happily admit he has talent), and it's quite clear that he could easily go the same way. Maybe he needs to be a big fish in a small pond again, I don't know. But right now, I don't think he can sit back and blame David Moyes for his position.

This resonates with almost everything that I have heard of late about the lad. A neat summary.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
FFS are you a complete moron ? My post didn't say anything about stealing a youngster from the SCUM , I said the Palace catchment area. He is the first of many whose parents see their kids having a better prospect at a top notch academy.

Or he wasn't good enough for ours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nuuuuuurse!!

Got a worrying headache from the thought of losing the exclusivity of attracting prospective talent in South London and seeing them turn out as professionals in blue and white stripes ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The way Palace talk about their Academy, you'd think they have been churning out players like Barcelona.

Oooh hold the front page, VICTOR MOSES is in town.

In all honesty, who knows what the varying degree of attractiveness between us and them are going to be for young players. Significant investment in our academy, coupled with a place in the Premier League could give us the advantage. However, on the flip side we might still be swilling around in the Championship in five years time.

Palace seem to think that now they've survived in the Premier League for one season that they're set to for life. It could all end in tears next season, though.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
The way Palace talk about their Academy, you'd think they have been churning out players like Barcelona.

Oooh hold the front page, VICTOR MOSES is in town.

In all honesty, who knows what the varying degree of attractiveness between us and them are going to be for young players. Significant investment in our academy, coupled with a place in the Premier League could give us the advantage. However, on the flip side we might still be swilling around in the Championship in five years time.

Palace seem to think that now they've survived in the Premier League for one season that they're set to for life. It could all end in tears next season, though.

I don't know any Palace fan that thinks we are set up for life, so I don't know where you get that from ( your imagination is my punt). You are right, next season could go tits up and we could well be relegated, the second season is invariably harder than the first historically I am under no illusions about that. On the other hand we could establish ourselves in mid table again, scoop another 80m quid and get the infasstructure sorted. The ground needs re developing that is not up for debate, and the money secured will no doubt help in that, but the playing side will be bolstered and the owners have said there will be "healthy" funds available for Pulis to spend, how much that is only they know. You forgot Clyne, Williams, Zaha, and watch out for two lads called Hiram Boateng and Reise Allassani, big things touted for these two. Whether or not they fulfill their promise, only time will tell

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't know any Palace fan that thinks we are set up for life, so I don't know where you get that from ( your imagination is my punt). You are right, next season could go tits up and we could well be relegated, the second season is invariably harder than the first historically I am under no illusions about that. On the other hand we could establish ourselves in mid table again, scoop another 80m quid and get the infasstructure sorted. The ground needs re developing that is not up for debate, and the money secured will no doubt help in that, but the playing side will be bolstered and the owners have said there will be "healthy" funds available for Pulis to spend, how much that is only they know. You forgot Clyne, Williams, Zaha, and watch out for two lads called Hiram Boateng and Reise Allassani, big things touted for these two. Whether or not they fulfill their promise, only time will tell

That's exactly my point - anything can happen, both on and off the field. Yet any Albion fans on this thread claiming that we could have an advantage in recruitment in future years are dismissed as lunatics by Palace fans.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Perhaps he gets it from the dull, repetitive and arrogant posts from some palace fans on this board ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here