Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Zaha withdrew injured and Clyne is now to old but both have played on a regular basis for the England U21 teams in recent years and Jon Williams and Victor Moses play for there full national teams, Wales and Nigeria.

Winifred injured ? Did he slip over a blade of grass ??? :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
[MENTION=29419]Return of the Makh[/MENTION] if you have an inability to engage in healthy and adult debate then I don't see what you bring to the board (granted, the same could be said for a lot of our own fans), but at least we all have at least two things in common.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Zaha withdrew injured and Clyne is now to old but both have played on a regular basis for the England U21 teams in recent years and Jon Williams and Victor Moses play for there full national teams, Wales and Nigeria.

I think you are seasideeagle and glenmurray. We are improving, thats all that matters. We have 2 players going to the Toulon tournament, and 3 playing in the under19 elite qualifyers over the summer. Our Under 15s won the Premier league cat 2 final at the weekend. We are moving in the right direction.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
[MENTION=29419]Return of the Makh[/MENTION] if you have an inability to engage in healthy and adult debate then I don't see what you bring to the board (granted, the same could be said for a lot of our own fans), but at least we all have at least two things in common.

Just a bit of banter old bean :moo:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zaha withdrew injured

How on earth has he managed to injure himself after last season's efforts? Did he hit his head on the Cardiff dugout as he got up off the bench in their last match? Put his back out dancing in whichever late night Croydon hovel he was out giving it The Big I Am in last weekend? Burned his fingers on a shisha pipe?

Was released at 15/16.
Went to Eastbourne Borough, then on to Lewes.

Not that I want to argue, but do you have anything to back that up with?

I only ask because Liam's rejection at Palace is well documented, and I guess it's the same thing.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
How on earth has he managed to injure himself after last season's efforts? Did he hit his head on the Cardiff dugout as he got up off the bench in their last match? Put his back out dancing in whichever late night Croydon hovel he was out giving it The Big I Am in last weekend? Burned his fingers on a shisha pipe?

It's true, it wasn't a great season for Zaha but Moyes can be blamed for that IMO, he turned RVP and Rooney into average players almost overnight.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014

Was an old injury from last may, hurt his neck celebrating his 2nd goal

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not that I want to argue, but do you have anything to back that up with?

I only ask because Liam's rejection at Palace is well documented, and I guess it's the same thing.

Ask Soggy.
He's got his pulse on all things Brighton.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's true, it wasn't a great season for Zaha but Moyes can be blamed for that IMO, he turned RVP and Rooney into average players almost overnight.

Rooney didn't have a bad season, and RVP was constantly injured. Januzaj came into the side relatively unheralded, and did brilliantly, which suggests Moyes is quite happy to play younger players if they're good enough.

So is it that Zaha wasn't good enough, or that his attitude was all wrong? One of the main broadsheet football writers mentioned recently (no Albion connection, just a Cardiff match report) that the word amongst the journalist community was that Zaha is developing- or perhaps has always had, I've no idea- a significant attitude problem and that the only person who needs to wake up to it is the player himself. If that sort of reputation is widely known within the media, it's not easily rectified. I've also heard on the grapevine from a friend with, let's just say strong Croydon connections, that he has an awful lot of unsavoury hangers on in his private life, the sort of individuals attracted to the money and status of a footballer. That type of parasite has broken the careers of many a talented player (and I quite happily admit he has talent), and it's quite clear that he could easily go the same way. Maybe he needs to be a big fish in a small pond again, I don't know. But right now, I don't think he can sit back and blame David Moyes for his position.

Ask Soggy.
He's got his pulse on all things Brighton.

I wondered if you knew, or were making it up.

It wouldn't surprise me I must say but if you are going to post something like this at least have the courage of your convictions to back it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here