Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace hypocrisy

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We sell out most weeks mate, don't worry about our support. If we had a new stadium like yours, we'd be getting gates of 35,000.

Didn't sell out (at all) last season though did you :lol:

You'd get gates of 35000 in 30750 capacity?

Numbers not your strong point, can you count to potato yet :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now you're just making stuff up, how desperate! Why would anyone sane join your academy from ours?? It would be like Ronaldo quitting Real Madrid and joining Accrington Stanley!

I don't make things up , I only post the FACTS. From the Surrey Mirror April 5th 2014 :-

Crystal Palace-mad Caterham boy signs for Brighton & Hove Albion
By Surrey Mirror | Posted: April 05, 2014

eagles at heart: Matty walks out as a mascot for Palace with Glenn Murray

signed up: Matty shows off the shirt of Palace's rivals

Previous
Next
Comments (0)
A CATERHAM schoolboy beat off competition from 300 other youngsters to earn a place at the Brighton & Hove Albion academy.

Seven-year-old Matty Feeney-Hill is a keen Crystal Palace fan and season-ticket holder, but will now pull on the shirt of their bitter rivals after signing a one-year youth contract at the Amex.

"He is really, really pleased," his mother, Jo, explained. "Matty has been kicking a ball around for as long as I can remember.

"There were 300 children who attended the talent centre but Matty was one of just six that were selected. He signed for Brighton before their match against Middlesbrough, but, being a Palace fan, he wasn't happy to have missed their win over Chelsea.

"He's a really big Palace fan. Yannick Bolasie is probably his favourite player but when he was a mascot he went out with Glenn Murray, so he likes him too.

"All his coaches at Brighton know he's a Palace fan and they have a joke about it."

And Matty, who previously played for Caterham Pumas, might not be eight until later this month, but that does not mean he will not be training as hard as his heroes.

"We were quite surprised at how much it involves," Jo said. "Now he's signed he won't be able to play for any other teams. And it's four days a week; three days training and then a match at weekends.

"They are good though; they really sold it to us and arrange for private tuition when the boys miss any school. They will take him on a tour of Germany as well. As I said to Matty, it's something he will never forget."

:thumbsup:

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I don't make things up , I only post the FACTS. From the Surrey Mirror April 5th 2014 :-

Previous
Next
Comments (0)
A CATERHAM schoolboy beat off competition from 300 other youngsters to earn a place at the Brighton & Hove Albion academy.

Seven-year-old Matty Feeney-Hill is a keen Crystal Palace fan and season-ticket holder, but will now pull on the shirt of their bitter rivals after signing a one-year youth contract at the Amex.

"He is really, really pleased," his mother, Jo, explained. "Matty has been kicking a ball around for as long as I can remember.

"There were 300 children who attended the talent centre but Matty was one of just six that were selected. He signed for Brighton before their match against Middlesbrough, but, being a Palace fan, he wasn't happy to have missed their win over Chelsea.

"He's a really big Palace fan. Yannick Bolasie is probably his favourite player but when he was a mascot he went out with Glenn Murray, so he likes him too.

"All his coaches at Brighton know he's a Palace fan and they have a joke about it."

And Matty, who previously played for Caterham Pumas, might not be eight until later this month, but that does not mean he will not be training as hard as his heroes.

"We were quite surprised at how much it involves," Jo said. "Now he's signed he won't be able to play for any other teams. And it's four days a week; three days training and then a match at weekends.

"They are good though; they really sold it to us and arrange for private tuition when the boys miss any school. They will take him on a tour of Germany as well. As I said to Matty, it's something he will never forget."

So no where in that article does it indicate you stole him off us or that we were ever interested in his services but beaten to him by Albion, which is what you were implying...

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Previous
Next
Comments (0)

A 7 year old signs a 1 year contract for the mighty seaweed.
How could we let this happen ?
I demand answers from our scouting network.

So no where in that article does it indicate you stole him off us or that we were ever interested in his services but beaten to him by Albion, which is what you were implying...

I'm sure it never occurred to his parents to try and get him into Palace' Academy.:)

That said, the whole point of poaching youth players offends me greatly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

FFS are you a complete moron ? My post didn't say anything about stealing a youngster from the SCUM , I said the Palace catchment area. He is the first of many whose parents see their kids having a better prospect at a top notch academy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Now you're just making stuff up, how desperate! Why would anyone sane join your academy from ours?? It would be like Ronaldo quitting Real Madrid and joining Accrington Stanley!

That's just utter bobbins. Currently, I would suggest that you have a point, but in the not too distant future I am sure we will see changes on that front.

You're lucky that you are the highest ranked team of the second tier of London with manh, many young boys able to play the game. Palace aren't a magic entity that creates brilliant footballers, you just have the access to a huge pool of talent. Obviously, you do have a great team involved, but would you have such results if you were based in Renfrewshire?

With Brighton and the new academy, just a short commute away, I reckon you will not always have first dibs on the players you want to sign.

Of course, we need to make the right choices as far as coaches are concerned. You can have a castle, but it won't be a fortress if you have the wrong king.

Last edited:

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
FFS are you a complete moron ? My post didn't say anything about stealing a youngster from the SCUM , I said the Palace catchment area. He is the first of many whose parents see their kids having a better prospect at a top notch academy.

You really mean the parents of lesser players see local Brighton as a decent 2nd best once there kid is rejected by the Palace academy coaching stuff. Our academy is light years ahead go yours having produced talents like Williams, Zaha and Clyne in recent years where as yours has produced average at best players like Foster-Caskey.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

FFS Soggy, crowing over a 7 year old !
I'm sure TB is doing cartwheels . :ffsparr:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You mean the parents of lesser players see local Brighton as a decent 2nd best once there kid is rejected by the Palace academy coaching stuff. Our academy is light years ahead go yours having produced talents like Williams, Zaha and Clyne in recent years where as yours has produced average at best players like Foster-Caskey.

Light years is pushing it.

You don't seem to understand that we haven't had the facilities to coax young talent to our fair shores. That is about to change.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Light years is pushing it.

You don't seem to understand that we haven't had the facilities to coax young talent to our fair shores. That is about to change.

Our academy is easily seen in the top dozen in the country, yours has only just come onto the radar. What makes you so sure it's about to change?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is that the same Forster-Caskey, along with March, that is in the England U21 squad tonight along with all those Palace academy products ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Our academy is easily seen in the top dozen in the country, yours has only just come onto the radar. What makes you so sure it's about to change?

The South East is very densely populated. I'm certain that our new training ground will enable us to pick up great talent. Something we've never been in a position to do.

Obviously, we need to make the righg appointments as suggested in a previous post of mine.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You really mean the parents of lesser players see local Brighton as a decent 2nd best once there kid is rejected by the Palace academy coaching stuff. Our academy is light years ahead go yours having produced talents like Williams, Zaha and Clyne in recent years where as yours has produced average at best players like Foster-Caskey.

Is that the same Forster-Caskey alongside fellow Brighton player Solly March who are on the England U21 bench tonight ???

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Is that the same Forster-Caskey, along with March, that is in the England U21 squad tonight along with all those Palace academy products ?

Zaha withdrew injured and Clyne is now to old but both have played on a regular basis for the England U21 teams in recent years and Jon Williams and Victor Moses play for there full national teams, Wales and Nigeria.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here