Palace go into administration...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
According to that Guardian article, the land is owned by PWC, and is valued at £9m with a club on it, or £32m vacant....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Eh ? About what ?

We've come through our shit times, and there's some lovely curvey steel going up right this moment that will secure our future. And its all been done without us stiffing our fellow football league clubs, small businesses and HMR&C out of money they are owed.

Your ponce of a chairman has spent way beyond his means chasing the dream, dragging your club down into a quagmire of unmanagable debt that you will never be able to fully pay back. He's not the first, he won't be the last, but its good to see clubs like Palace and Pompey suffering for ripping people off. Long may it continue.

I seems a bit more complicated than that - and I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

The club don't actually owe Agilo that much and are willing to lend more money to Palace to pay for wages etc..

Jordan appears to be owed something in the region of 20 million.

Did Agilo and Simon Jordan simply fall out ?

Eh ? About what ?

We've come through our shit times, and there's some lovely curvey steel going up right this moment that will secure our future. And its all been done without us stiffing our fellow football league clubs, small businesses and HMR&C out of money they are owed.

Your ponce of a chairman has spent way beyond his means chasing the dream, dragging your club down into a quagmire of unmanagable debt that you will never be able to fully pay back. He's not the first, he won't be the last, but its good to see clubs like Palace and Pompey suffering for ripping people off. Long may it continue.

We've been through this with Goldberg.
We ended back in The Prem too, dontcha know.
Our club and it's fans are made of stern stuff.
How about yours, powderpuff?

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
As I said, we staved off ground sharing in the past and I'm sure we'll do it again.

You haven’t been in this kind of trouble before, £30 million debt. No London club will let you ground share with them. You have two stands that are old and need rebuilding, no investor will touch you :cheery:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
No, the difference between our club and the likes of yours, is that we've operated within our means, whilst your mob have been spunking cash left right and centre in order to maintain yourselves at an artificially higher level than you can actually afford - and now, my friend, those chickens are finally coming home to roost. Cluck cluck.

We've lost our ground, played home games for two years 60 miles away, had to find a couple of million to convert an athletics track into a shitty "stadium", as well as fund a monstrously expensive and drawn-out planning application for the last ten years, and all of this whilst operating for the most part at the arse-end of the League. Yet DESPITE all that, we have never gone into administration, because the people running the club have done so on a tight ship, within their means. In other words, we've done it ETHICALLY.

Not that I'd expect a Palace fan to understand ethics.

They are the facts. Anyone who disagrees with Easy 10's statement should say which part of it is factually inaccurate.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
For the first time i actually had a look at one of there forums and it gives me a right buzz of excitement reading the comments.I even brought a paper today and dived straight into the sport section looking for scraps connected with Palace.Wish i could get hold of the South London press,the heartbeat of the scum.It's the perfect start to a new year.:lol:

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
For the first time i actually had a look at one of there forums and it gives me a right buzz of excitement reading the comments.I even brought a paper today and dived straight into the sport section looking for scraps connected with Palace.Wish i could get hold of the South London press..

You're only here for the Palace.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
They are the facts. Anyone who disagrees with Easy 10's statement should say which part of it is factually inaccurate.

Agree one hundred percent with his statement. Now it’s the scum’s turn. Think it’ll be Milton Keynes their next home :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I seems a bit more complicated than that - and I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

The club don't actually owe Agilo that much and are willing to lend more money to Palace to pay for wages etc..

Jordan appears to be owed something in the region of 20 million.

Did Agilo and Simon Jordan simply fall out ?

The point is though, Tango / Palace have been spending on players / squads that are way beyond their means. It was unsustainable.

Whatever.
If you're perfectly happy for the club you support to lurch from one financial crisis to the next, running up debts you can't afford, going into administration, coming out and then starting the whole sorry process again then thats your lookout. But given the current financial climate, I wouldn't be quite so cocksure about carrying on like that and continuing to survive at the levels you have been.

Sooner or later, its going to end in tears for clubs like yours.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

You clearly haven't got a scooby what you're on about, that's clear from this thread. If the worst your fans have had to deal with is the Championship, you're laughing. Try what has happened to Luton, or even Leeds/Southampton/Norwich/Charlton.

We may be about to discover exactly how 'stern' stuff you are made of. Do I want you to go out of business? No, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Would I like to see your wings clipped a bit for years of non-viable salaries that put you at an unfair advantage over clubs who were cut their cloth according to their means? Yeah, I think that would do everyone some good.

Maybe your obsession with the Premier League is at the root of all this.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The point is though, Tango / Palace have been spending on players / squads that are way beyond their means. It was unsustainable.

Whatever.
If you're perfectly happy for the club you support to lurch from one financial crisis to the next, running up debts you can't afford, going into administration, coming out and then starting the whole sorry process again then thats your lookout. But given the current financial climate, I wouldn't be quite so cocksure about carrying on like that and continuing to survive at the levels you have been.

Sooner or later, its going to end in tears for clubs like yours.

Doesn't look like he was doing much more than most clubs do (including us), the difference being his money was going in as loans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports