Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace go into administration...

roffeyeagle

Jan 12, 2010
In fairness I don't see how you can revel in Palace going to the shitter. Palace fans have always supported you in your times when you were up the shitter. I for one was on your march for Falmer. I can laugh at you lot when your team is shit or when you get relegated because you're rubbish, but never when it's nothing to do with the team, the management or the fans. Yeah we're f***ed for the moment, but to be honest we'll have a string of buyers wanting to pick up a club which has massive potential for a pittance. We may go down this season, but we've been in this position before and Coppell kept us up (pretty sure he took you lot down) with the kids and I'm sure Warnock will do the same.

Enjoy your moment, because when the realisation sinks in that Palace may lose a few players, are 10 points worse off but will come out of it in a couple of weeks time with our debts cleared (or certainly sorted out into a manageable position) with fresh funds you won't be laughing then. So enjoy your brand new half empty stadium and also enjoy your trips to Accrington and the like next season.

Palace will never die.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I am not so sure of that. It seems the administrator has been appointed by a major creditor as opposed to the actual club and they will be keen to asset strip to work for their client as opposed to making sure Crystal Palace have a secure future.

Plus they don't own their ground. The club and ground do not come as a package.

Southampton is an entirely different kettle of fish.
Is the right answer Paul.
Only Noades would benefit from taking over as he owns the ground.Other then that they are not a good club to invest in.There rent fees are high and you try and find some spare land in that area to bulid a new ground.
Once out of admin i can see Noades being involved again.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
In fairness I don't see how you can revel in Palace going to the shitter. Palace fans have always supported you in your times when you were up the shitter. I for one was on your march for Falmer. I can laugh at you lot when your team is shit or when you get relegated because you're rubbish, but never when it's nothing to do with the team, the management or the fans. Yeah we're f***ed for the moment, but to be honest we'll have a string of buyers wanting to pick up a club which has massive potential for a pittance. We may go down this season, but we've been in this position before and Coppell kept us up (pretty sure he took you lot down) with the kids and I'm sure Warnock will do the same.

Enjoy your moment, because when the realisation sinks in that Palace may lose a few players, are 10 points worse off but will come out of it in a couple of weeks time with our debts cleared (or certainly sorted out into a manageable position) with fresh funds you won't be laughing then. So enjoy your brand new half empty stadium and also enjoy your trips to Accrington and the like next season.

Palace will never die.
Your club isn't on the brink of folding and won't be.That's the difference.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not the brightest are Merthyr Cardiff fans - he's probably got diverted to this site when looking up the DHSS web page.

Palace going bust is great news for me - Swans play them next Tuesday!
Good at fighting though. Merthyr boy + Cardiff supporter = NUTTER

:lolol:

Monty

Feb 21, 2008

Palace will never die.

:lolol:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
most plaace fan knew this was comming and half exspected it tomorrow at the high court ,players will be sold 10 points will be lost,but life still goes on ,we are good enough to avoid relegation and so one will pick the club up and the ground on the cheap as the owners are in admin as well and push the club into the future

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Petr%20Cech%20orange.jpg
    Petr%20Cech%20orange.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 288

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
What do the administrators do if some club makes a bid for warnock?

it strikes me that he is the key to their survival - if he went you would be hard pressed to attract a good manager.

If he stays - he is probably good enough to inspire their youth team to keep them up...

dal

Oct 8, 2006
redhill
haha.thats made my day.i work with palarse scum in croydon.boy will i enjoy tommorow morning.might even get up extra early.
feeling glad all over.haha

roffeyeagle

Jan 12, 2010
What do the administrators do if some club makes a bid for warnock?

it strikes me that he is the key to their survival - if he went you would be hard pressed to attract a good manager.

If he stays - he is probably good enough to inspire their youth team to keep them up...

If Warnock goes, Coppell will definitely come back. I'm pretty sure he'd work for Palace in this situation for free, as he did last time he kept us up when we were in the shit.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
My own reaction to the news surprised me.

I never like to hear news of football teams going into administration. I always think to myself 'what a shame' and then promptly forget I just heard the news.

Hearing that Palace are again in administration made me feel a little different. The feeling that we could lose something that actually does matter to me. :eek:

If Palace folded, a tiny bit of the spice of being a Brighton fan would be lost. Watching the FA Cup draw with the mouth watering prospect of a Brighton v Palace tie increasing with each ball drawn would be lost. Which team would be a worthy replacement?

Well there it is. It was just a fleeting thought and I sure I'll be villified on here for it. And anyway, I don't believe they will fold, and I certainly hope that they don't.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Palace will never die.
Lets be honest it was only a few who chipped in as most loved it.

BYE BYE PALACE:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here