Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace go into administration...

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Have just phoned Palace...

:clap2::clap2:011 44 8712 00 0071.

You're through to the Crystal Palace Football Club box office ... blah blah.
Press 1 to speak with a representative.

Nigel from Tattenham Corner : Good afternoon Crystal Palace Football Club
Ian from Florida : Ah yes. Good afternoon. I'm just calling to ask when the points come off.
Nigel : The points? (penny drops). Aaah. You're talking about the administration aren't you?
Ian. : Mmm. Yes. Indeed. The administration. How many points exactly is that?
Nigel : We think it's 10.
Ian : 10? Really? Does that actually put you in the relegation zone?
Nigel : I don't know sir (SIR!!!! - full credit to him). I haven't actually seen a table.
Ian : Well I'm watching it avidly and they haven't come off yet. It's marvellous news though isn't it?

Nigel hangs up at this point.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
So, again, they have most, if not all, their debts written off, thereby giving them another head start over clubs like ours, which live within their means.

No wonder it has been difficult for us to compete with clubs like Palace.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:clap2::clap2:011 44 8712 00 0071.

You're through to the Crystal Palace Football Club box office ... blah blah.
Press 1 to speak with a representative.

Nigel from Tattenham Corner : Good afternoon Crystal Palace Football Club
Ian from Florida : Ah yes. Good afternoon. I'm just calling to ask when the points come off.
Nigel : The points? (penny drops). Aaah. You're talking about the administration aren't you?
Ian. : Mmm. Yes. Indeed. The administration. How many points exactly is that?
Nigel : We think it's 10.
Ian : 10? Really? Does that actually put you in the relegation zone?
Nigel : I don't know sir (SIR!!!! - full credit to him). I haven't actually seen a table.
Ian : Well I'm watching it avidly and they haven't come off yet. It's marvellous news though isn't it?

Nigel hangs up at this point.
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Jimmy Grimble

I agree, they can sit down at the bottom of the league 2 for as long as you like, I still maintain the minute one or two bigger clubs start going down the pan, the rot will set in and many more will follow.

The only way the mess football is in can be cleared is by a bigger club being hit hard - in the long run it would be a good thing - we might see some better financial structure in football overall.

If clubs live beyond their means and benefit from it, they deserve every slice of shit that comes their way afterwards. Simple as that.

The real trouble is the punishment often isn't strong enough.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
"Bummer, that's like, a bummer man"

QFlX6LQ2zl9pjm0nSSNy4lFgo1_400.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Breaking news on reuters refers to a meeting of the palace and brighton boards.

'Proposal tabled for consideration includes the sell off of Selhurst Park and a
ground share option at Falmer'

They could share with Crawley surely ? :lolol:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
What with so many clubs on the brink of financial meltdown, including Man U, we might soon find ourselves with nobody to play.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have to work tonight and I was a bit down about it but all of a sudden I`ve a spring in my step and I`ve started to enjoy my evening.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Maybe some of the Palace contingent on here might be able to answer this, but they do not seem to be the brightest of the lot. :jester:

Are there any guarantees when it comes to playing at Selhurst? It is well documented that the owner of the freehold is in administration. The club may well have some buyers waiting in the wings, but what goes with the stadium?

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
its a sad day when a football club goes into administration showing all what is wrong with football today........................................................................................................................................but f***ing great news when that club is palace

:yahoo: :bigwave:

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
its a sad day when a football club goes into administration showing all what is wrong with football today........................................................................................................................................but f***ing great news when that club is palace

:yahoo: :bigwave:

:clap::clap::clap:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Retreading old ground here, I know, but I wouldn't want to see them go under. They're vermin, but they're our vermin. So long as it's a 10 point deduction and an inconvenience then we can all sit back and enjoy them being nowhere near the playoffs.

Just one thought though. I know that there have been occasions when the players haven't been paid. Has that also been the case with the various staff at the club? There will be people there feeling very nervous about the future and wondering if their jobs are safe. I would imagine that redundancies are a possibility for some. Sad, if true.

Mind you, if they'd worked for a proper team...

Vic's Stick

Nov 18, 2009
Great news - I thought my car had engine trouble as I drove home tonight as I could hear a non stop whine. But it turns out I had just tuned my radio into Croydon FM by mistake !

:laugh::lolol::laugh:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Not the brightest are Merthyr Cardiff fans - he's probably got diverted to this site when looking up the DHSS web page.

Palace going bust is great news for me - Swans play them next Tuesday!

He didnt rate your ground NJ,i told him that you thought theirs was an identikit stadium.He said that they owned theirs and wasnt dull.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here