Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace game tonight laughably cringworthy !!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I Believe its only 4 wins in 14 for You Lot?

4 wins in our last 5 league games :)

1 win in your last 7 league games :lolol:

You may have beat Man Uniteds third string team but it doesn't save your league form :laugh: :laugh:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Which one was that then? The humiliation of you or beating the English champions on their own pitch.

Considering I said sliding back down the table, It's obvious who I meant. Congratulations on beating Manchester Uniteds third string team :)

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I`m genuinely puzzled here Wcp. Thats at least three posts on here, by you, that imply you believe winning the Charity Shield equates to being the champion club of England.
I know this might come as a shock to you but; it doesn`t.
Sorry to spoil any delusions and all that, but it really doesn`t and never has done.
Brighton have never been champions of England.
I hope this doesn`t shatter your nostalgic dreaming too much as I realise that, as a Brighton fan, it would be easy for your dreams to obscure reality.

Pikeys obviously find history books to hard to read.

Check out official football history books.

The winners of Football League v Southern league champions officially became Champions of All England. The cup won was the Charity Shield.
Yes, that changed when Southern league joined Football League.

However, as much as you may like to, you cannot re-write history.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What was cringeworthy was watching some permatanned 80s used car salesman with a mockney accent being interviewed at half time. Apparently he is palace's chairman, what a no-mark Nigel, of a club stuck in the same decade as his haircut. Palace are a club stuck in No-mans land in terminal decline playing in a sad decaying stadium to dwindling crowds, they have recently bucked the trend and enjoyed a brief hiatus of moderate success by winning their cup final against the Albion and overachieving in the league but seem to have reverted back to form without a league win in 6 games and their star striker enjoying one of his regular barren spells. Surely we deserve a team of better pedigree to call our main rivals? Palace are no better than Crawley in that respect.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
What was cringeworthy was watching some permatanned 80s used car salesman with a mockney accent being interviewed at half time. Apparently he is palace's chairman, what a no-mark Nigel, of a club stuck in the same decade as his haircut. Palace are a club stuck in No-mans land in terminal decline playing in a sad decaying stadium to dwindling crowds, they have recently bucked the trend and enjoyed a brief hiatus of moderate success by winning their cup final against the Albion and overachieving in the league but seem to have reverted back to form without a league win in 6 games and their star striker enjoying one of his regular barren spells. Surely we deserve a team of better pedigree to call our main rivals? Palace are no better than Crawley in that respect.
Bit of a knob aren't you?
You should have been booted out of football the day you lost your ground.If you had actually turned up then it would not have been sold.Don't blame anyone else blame your stay away fans.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You should have been booted out of football the day you lost your ground.If you had actually turned up then it would not have been sold.Don't blame anyone else blame your stay away fans.

You clearly have little regard for us,and know nothing about what was behind the motives of the regime at the time-in contradiction to what you say in your last sentence,the sheer fact the fans stayed and fought so very very very hard is the reason we have a club today-

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Also may i add having initially been sold for £7.4m in 1997

2 years later the Goldstone was re-sold for nearly £24m

The club was deprived and somebody(not pointing fingers-as i genuinely do not know-but-somebody) made £16million pounds in the process!!!!!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Ah bless, you get to stay up late on Saturday nights don't you. It must be hard for you to stomach when even clubs like Reading are bigger than you. Same old palace still living in the past whilst we look forward to a bright future you are still harping on about the past. You have absolutely nothing other than terminal mediocrity and the prospect of living in Croydon to look forward, consider yourself owned boy.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Oh well. Will you enjoy watching us in the Carling Cup final?!!!

lankygit

Dec 1, 2011
Lincoln
Pikeys obviously find history books to hard to read.

Check out official football history books.

The winners of Football League v Southern league champions officially became Champions of All England. The cup won was the Charity Shield.
Yes, that changed when Southern league joined Football League.

However, as much as you may like to, you cannot re-write history.

:wrong:

The winners of the charity shield have never been officially regarded as champions of all England. Get over it. Brighton have never been the national champions.
Since you lot are so adamant that they were, any of you care to actually name an "official football history book" that says any different?
No/ Didn`t think so.

As you so quite rightly point out; you cannot re-write history, however much you may like to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

You need to go away from our board. Shown your true colours there. There aren't many of our fans who would wish that on you lot even though you have twice screwed your creditors through mismanagement thereby attaining a false position in the league. We have never done that, merely being the victim for unscrupulous owners who milked our assets. There is banter and there is what you stand for. Decent Palace posters (and yes there are some) will be ashamed of your attitude. You disgrace your club and team and football as a whole.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
You need to go away from our board. Shown your true colours there. There aren't many of our fans who would wish that on you lot even though you have twice screwed your creditors through mismanagement thereby attaining a false position in the league. We have never done that, merely being the victim for unscrupulous owners who milked our assets. There is banter and there is what you stand for. Decent Palace posters (and yes there are some) will be ashamed of your attitude. You disgrace your club and team and football as a whole.

Oh do stop crying.Untold numbers of your fans, both on here and the BBS ,bring up administration at every opportunity just as you have.Many wanted us deducted countless points ,relegated and then on to liquidation so don't get on your high horse.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh do stop crying.Untold numbers of your fans, both on here and the BBS ,bring up administration at every opportunity just as you have.Many wanted us deducted countless points ,relegated and then on to liquidation so don't get on your high horse.

Do you enjoy those people from Brighton telling you that on your forums then? Personally i think people, whoever they support, who turn up on a rival message board and wish that club out of existence are sad little people with a small-minded attitude. You fall into that category.

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
Do you enjoy those people from Brighton telling you that on your forums then? Personally i think people, whoever they support, who turn up on a rival message board and wish that club out of existence are sad little people with a small-minded attitude. You fall into that category.

Totaly agree GCCM

Don't Worry he's a known Bell End

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Nice OG, f***in useless!

True story, saw a teenager in a Palace shirt on my way down to amex, assumed he was going to the hole that is Croydon. Wished him a good afternoon but said hope you get twated by Derby etc he turns round and tells me he's not even going to the game!

I burst out laughing and said I didn't blame him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here