Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans read this first before posting elsewhere!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I was really looking forward to my pie and a pint on Tuesday,I must say the special pie was very disappointing,the filling was nice but the pastry crust on the outside was teeth breakingly hard.
Did anybody else experience something similar or was I just unlucky?

Don't believe the HYPE. The pies are GASH and I'm CAMPAIGNING for PUCKER Pies next season

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Holloways tactics were spot on and Palace deserved to win the game. Should Watford win at Wembley I presume you'll be logging onto their equivalent website to congratulate them showing humility like alot of Albion fans have.

Why would I go on a Watford forum ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
To gloat I guess should you win at Wembley.

Not really tbh . Your our rivals so We will always brag about Monday but Watford ? Nah . If they win good luck to them we will approach it like the west ham game , good piss up with good mates and have a good old sing song and winning would be a bonus .
Promotion would secure our future but I would miss playing you lot , we didn't play each other for years and the rivalry nearly dissapeared but it's back now stronger than ever .
I make Watford favourites , but we like that , so like yourselfs the pressure will be on them and it will be intresting how they cope with it .
Finally , I do feel for the genuine fans on here . If the result was in your favour ( I won't lie ) it would have been horrible and hard to stomach but that's football I suppose .

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Not really tbh . Your our rivals so We will always brag about Monday but Watford ? Nah . If they win good luck to them we will approach it like the west ham game , good piss up with good mates and have a good old sing song and winning would be a bonus .
Promotion would secure our future but I would miss playing you lot , we didn't play each other for years and the rivalry nearly dissapeared but it's back now stronger than ever .
I make Watford favourites , but we like that , so like yourselfs the pressure will be on them and it will be intresting how they cope with it .
Finally , I do feel for the genuine fans on here . If the result was in your favour ( I won't lie ) it would have been horrible and hard to stomach but that's football I suppose .

Yep. You win some - you lose some. That's proper football support.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
For what's its worth, here's my take on the last few days.

Fridays game was a tight battle, and in the 1st half you really impressed me, with Bridcutt outstanding. Ollie made some changes at half time, and I thought we had a much better 2nd half.
The tie was now yours to lose,with your recent form, and our terrible away form, you were quite clear favourites. But Football's not that straightforward, and I mentioned in a post about keeping it tight early on, the fans go quiet,and the pressure builds.
For all the bluster and bravado from certain posters, most of you knew that it wouldn't be a walk in the park, being a derby match and the prize at the end of the road,it was never going to be easy.
As it turned out, Holloway got it spot on, he nullified your wide men, with our full backs ( moxey and ward were outstanding) bombing on, and Jedinak and KG keeping Bridcutt and Hammond under control.
If it was nerves, pressure, the clackers, or expectancy, you looked a poor imitation of the team on Friday, but I think Holloway deserves a lot of credit .

What now for you, it seems Poyet is leaving and you could be searching for a new boss. You are clearly a attractive proposition for managers, but you probably need someone with Poyet's footballing philosophy, Martinez ? Don't think he will drop out of the Premier. It's vital you keep hold of Bridge and Upson, and will Bridcutt want to move on ?

Now it's Wembley for us, and possibly 90 minutes away from a £120 mill prize. To be perfectly honest, I'm still floating on air after Monday and haven't really thought too much about it, but I'm looking forward to the day. I'm sure Holloway's comments about their methods on loan players will be used to motivate their team, but our team are a close knit bunch, and I've got a sneaky feeling Holloway could come up trumps again. ( Zola didn't look too pleased at the final whistle did he !!)

The only crumb of comfort for you is you were spared the sight of a clearly aroused Major, on the pitch, wrestling with his action slacks, in an attempt to show his backside to the Palace masses !

Scenes we don't won't to see in football stadia .

I agree entirely - you defended deeper than any other team I've seen at the Amex and broke with pace
You had to change your tactics because of the loss of Murray and did so - our problem is that if Plan A doesn't work we don't seem to have much (if any) of a Plan B
I don't think you'll beat Watford - for the record I don't think we'd have beaten Watford though
Enjoy your day at Wembley - I will be out of the country and wil, at least, not have to find a bar showing the match
See you next year !

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was really looking forward to my pie and a pint on Tuesday,I must say the special pie was very disappointing,the filling was nice but the pastry crust on the outside was teeth breakingly hard.
Did anybody else experience something similar or was I just unlucky?

In my experience ALL the crusts are teeth breakingly hard !!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
That's because we were well beaten by a much better team on the night ... simple as.

I didn't see the game but have met a number of Albion fans who were there. Most of the serious ones agreed with this comment.

I think you should ask whether the media in particular the "Argus" bigged the game up to much in advance. If I'd been Holloway I would have cut out some of the articles and put them on the dresing-rom wall.

Also Zaha had a point to prove to his new manager. Was Moyes there on the night?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just viewing some of the posts above. I think that on the night we were below par. However I don't accept we were beaten by a much better team. The truth is Barnes' effort was inches off (great save) and had that gone in I would have been confident we would not have lost. Small margins, that don't to me add up to Palace being better than us.

As for the final, I felt we would lose to Watford but on our day we could win. The same applies to Palace. They can win it if Watford don't perform on the day.

London Eagle

May 7, 2013
To be honest if we do not beat watford i will be beyond happy!

Before the the first and defiantly the second game most off your fans accepted you was already in the final and basically assumed you'd walk all over us like the miserable 3-0 defeat too you in the league. So win or loss on the 27th i am not that fussed, beating you twice this year has made it a happy season for me, because that was your best chance of promotion and if gus leaves, so will many of your players and back too league 1 you may sink... which i hope you do not.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Something I would like to ask the Palace fans.
Lets assume you win at Wembley, what was the point of selling Zaha in January, CPFC2010 spent very little if any of the money they received for him.
If you go up you now have to replace him who could have been a match winner for you in PL, but now he will be a Man U bench warmer. Zaha makes out he loves Palace so much, why did he not hang around for the end of season, when he would have known, if he was in the PL with the club he loved or not.
I have seen posts stating that, the Zaha money has gone on the last couple of seasons debts, it will be used to strengthen the squad and it is going to be used to rebuild the ground, which is it?.
Without Zaha and Murray (I doubt he would be any good in the prem anyway) where are the goals coming from?
Selling Zaha when they did, without spending any, suggests to me possible cash flow issues.

Last edited:

London Eagle

May 7, 2013
Something I would like to ask the Palace fans.
Lets assume you win at Wembley, what was the point of selling Zaha in January, CPFC2010 spent very little if any of the money they received for him.
If you go up you now have to replace him who could have been a match winner for you in PL, but now he will be a Man U bench warmer. Zaha makes out he loves Palace so much, why did he not hang around for the end of season, when he would have known, if he was in the PL with the club he loved or not.
I have seen posts stating that, the Zaha money has gone on the last couple of seasons debts, it will be used to strengthen the squad and it is going to be used to rebuild the ground. Without Zaha and Murray (I doubt he would be any good in the prem anyway) where are the goals coming from?
Selling Zaha when they did without spending suggests to me possible cash flow issues.

Because he is at a stage in his career where he is destined to do greater things, we got a great deal for him! He gave us a great send off and proved the brighton fans wrong.
If we go up their is a possible profit of at least £40 million, form that the club will build! the £15 million some went on previous debts, the difference with our club now is that our owners are sensible and take an interest of the club too heart.. look at City, QPR, Birmingham.. All have outstanding debts and are happy to spend big bucks, but have got towhere this year.

Do not worry about our 'cash flow' your meer speculation does not reflect the reality of our club

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Because he is at a stage in his career where he is destined to do greater things, we got a great deal for him! He gave us a great send off and proved the brighton fans wrong.
If we go up their is a possible profit of at least £40 million, form that the club will build! the £15 million some went on previous debts, the difference with our club now is that our owners are sensible and take an interest of the club too heart.. look at City, QPR, Birmingham.. All have outstanding debts and are happy to spend big bucks, but have got towhere this year.

Do not worry about our 'cash flow' your meer speculation does not reflect the reality of our club

Are you the clubs accountant? knowing that the £15mill, which at present I believe is only £10 mill went.
Where and when does the £40 mill come from and you didn't mention your new goal scorers?
Perhaps you can inform me in detail then, what financially is the reality of your club at present

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Are you the clubs accountant? knowing that the £15mill, which at present I believe is only £10 mill went.
Where and when does the £40 mill come from and you didn't mention your new goal scorers?
Perhaps you can inform me in detail then, what financially is the reality of your club at present

The club is stated (by the Chairmen) to lose around 5 million per year. This year, the loss was 2.2 million, which does not include any money from the player sales pre-season (Ambrose, Clyne, Scannell et al), the money from Moses' transfer to Chelsea, or any of the Zaha money - be it 10, 15 or even 20million - that will come next year. Financially, I think it is as rosy as it can be and I could see us at least breaking even for the last financial year, bearing in mind the player sales. All teams (bar the parachute payment lot) lose money in this division, some lose more than others.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The club is stated (by the Chairmen) to lose around 5 million per year. This year, the loss was 2.2 million, which does not include any money from the player sales pre-season (Ambrose, Clyne, Scannell et al), the money from Moses' transfer to Chelsea, or any of the Zaha money - be it 10, 15 or even 20million - that will come next year. Financially, I think it is as rosy as it can be and I could see us at least breaking even for the last financial year, bearing in mind the player sales. All teams (bar the parachute payment lot) lose money in this division, some lose more than others.

Thanks for all that, but I was more interested on why Zaha was sold when he was and what had he or the club gained.
London Eagle claimed, "Because he is at a stage in his career where he is destined to do greater things" is he really achieving greater things being a bench warmer at Man U, rather than playing week in week out in the PL for Palace. And he also never answered, if you are in the PL and without Zaha and Murray where the goals will come from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here