Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans do not want "DIVER" Ashley Young in their team

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
And Muzza never ever DIVES exactly, he just goes down like a sack of potatoes. Remember his classic act for Albion v Bees at Griffin Park, when was it? 2010? "Earned" a pen then missed it.

We were well aware of Muzza's diving from his previous spell with us. Nobody from either end of the A23 is denying he does it.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Palace were promoted off the back of diving - nearly 20% of their goals that season came from the spot (73 goals scored, 15 pens awarded). Its hardly surprising they're looking at bringing in more who can execute the 'dark art' of simulation. It could easily be the difference between staying in the division again this season, or joining Hull and Burnley.

I prefer to think of it as Palace being promoted off the back of outstanding forward play. Bolasie, Zaha and Murray were easily the most exciting front line to watch that season. The reason we won more penalties than anyone else is because we spent more time in the opposition box than anyone else.

Also, the stats chaps worked out that when accounting for refereeing mistakes, Palace should have recieved more penalties that year, not less.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Unfortunately the refs got to know his trick as well, as it was so often on the TV screens when we played him in the Prem side.

It's a class act especially when he holds the ball up just on the edge of the penalty area then waits for a defender to lunge in..BANG! And it's like the OK Corral..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I prefer to think of it as Palace being promoted off the back of outstanding forward play.

I'm sure you would.

Unfortunately though, the rest of the footballing public called it for what it was. It got to be something of a standing joke after a while.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I prefer to think of it as Palace being promoted off the back of outstanding forward play. Bolasie, Zaha and Murray were easily the most exciting front line to watch that season. The reason we won more penalties than anyone else is because we spent more time in the opposition box than anyone else.

Also, the stats chaps worked out that when accounting for refereeing mistakes, Palace should have recieved more penalties that year, not less.
You were promoted by cheating (a) by diving and (b) through numerous administrations. A gutter club.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's what you all said last season, remember about passing us on the stairs..:wave:

Well I didn't. You survived last season because of the first half, 2nd half you were woeful. If it wasn't for the FA Cup Pardew would have gone

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not happy with the link with Young, but with Everton upping their bid for Bolasie, things could accelerate.
Mind you, if he could get us a few penalties ......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Are you really that sad you had to search on a Leicester forum to put up a thread on a Brighton forum about a dive 3 years ago that happened at another club.

Get a life
Palace supporter, so yeah probably.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Its even worse in the Premiership when we dive as we are viewed by potentially 4 billion people worldwide. :(
If anybody dives in the championship you only get seen by 100,00 people on channel 5.

It's not fair.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So now Dougle is claiming it was a stone-wall peno on Benteke - I'm sure there's quotes on here to the contrary :lol:

The problem is, you get mainly the sad gimps who defend the indefensible on here from 2010 - and now they have the cheek to TELL US about Murray - a player who we knew all about long before them. A player who even dived to win a pen against us :lol: And who they all denied was a diver when he was with them :lol:. As Easy said, their very lucky lottery promotion was founded on diving & cheating - and that's before you even take into account the off-field cheating (twice). They're just fantastic to have as a rival they really are :ffsparr:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember when Leon Knight was our best player and everyone loved him? Even then everyone on here and even at game would have a pop at him about his blatant diving. It's called accepting the truth. Yet 2010 have denied that one of the biggest cheats (Winifred) is a diver for years :lol:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Remember when Leon Knight was our best player and everyone loved him? Even then everyone on here and even at game would have a pop at him about his blatant diving. It's called accepting the truth. Yet 2010 have denied that one of the biggest cheats (Winifred) is a diver for years :lol:

I've never denied that Wilf has attitude problems and is prone to histrionics. But that's what you get with talented players, Cantona, Rooney for two, and wingers often seem to have more than their share of moodies. But you have to accept that if they can take a ball around and past people they are worth that.
Seems that Kaz has that attitude issue too from The Argus this morning. If I were you I would hope that watching Muzza's attitude might teach him a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here