[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So Conference is 6th this year? On that basis, Man U cannot realistically make Europe so should be resting players on Sunday.
Sixth AND seventh (though United would play in the Europa League anyway, if they were to win the FA Cup)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm a bit confused this season about European places. The highest United could finish if they beat us is seventh - is that still a Conference place ?
Think it depends on cup winners? ~TBH not sure myself

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It’s easy with VAR make the target point the gps worn by all players, done!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a bit confused this season about European places. The highest United could finish if they beat us is seventh - is that still a Conference place ?

Only if City win the FA Cup

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Your biggest fear could happen on Sunday 😎

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Ha. It actually WOULD apparently, IF the placings were to determine a European place, but as they don't, the clubs would be awarded an equal position.

That link applies to a change that was made in 19/20 but confusingly a page i have just looked at on current premier league rules does not distinguish between europe qualification and other clubs. It simply says position will be decided by pts/gd/gs/h to h .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If that happens I guess it goes head to head then? :cool:
Think it goes to "goals scored" before "head-to-head"

ETA:

What are the Premier League tiebreaker rules? How are things decided after goal difference?​

Each position in the Premier League is based on the following criteria and if teams finish on the same number of points the following tiebreaker rules are put in place:

• Goal difference
  • Goals scored
  • Team who collected most points in head-to-head record
  • Who scored the most away goals in head-to-head
If teams cannot be separated by the above criteria and they are fighting for the title, European spots or relegation, a one-off play-off

"If any clubs finish with the same number of points, their position in the Premier League table is determined by goal difference, then the number of goals scored, then the team who collected the most points in the head-to-head matches, then who scored most away goals in the head-to-head."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why would any Albion's fan's biggest fear being finishing below Palace. assuming that is what you are referring to?

We've done so for much of our history as many, probably including you, have eagerly pointed out over the years.

I genuinely don't know what my biggest Albion/Palace-related fear might be. I'll give it some thought and report back.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Why would any Albion's fan's biggest fear being finishing below Palace. assuming that is what you are referring to?

We've done so for much of our history as many, probably including you, have eagerly pointed out over the years.

I genuinely don't know what my biggest Albion/Palace-related fear might be. I'll give it some thought and report back.
My biggest Albion/Palace fear would be the money-grabbing, lying shiester buying out Mr Chairman.

Lining his own pockets whilst letting the AMEX fall into total decay. Buying crap players on top dollar wages and getting himself bullied by the NSK. Taking us into Administration and seeing off local businesses and St Johns Ambulance.

If ever anybody feels the need to criticise Mr Bloom, take a glance up the road and count your blessings. You don't come across many owners with a genuine love for, and commitment to, a club.
:lolol:

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I agree it would be slightly annoying. But I’ll weigh that against three amazing nights (in Marseille, Athens and Amsterdam), some truly exceptional football this season, beating your lot 4-1, and seeing the gradual emergence of a new group of young players (Hinchelwood, Verbruggen, Barco, Baleba….). Not forgetting the confirmation that our club is emphatically financial stable after so many years of perilous existence.

A truly phenomenal season, which definitely will NOT be spoiled if, thanks to simply horrendous injuries and the challenges of 8 extra European fixtures, we happen to finish one place below Palace.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sixth AND seventh (though United would play in the Europa League anyway, if they were to win the FA Cup)
Sixth or seventh will get the conference League spot depending on what happens in the FA Cup.

If City win then 6th get Europa League and 7th would get conference league.

As United have virtually no chance of 6th (would take a goal difference swing unheard of before) then if they win the FA Cup they would get Europa League no matter where they finish in the league and 6th would get Conference League.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What a stupid suggestion.

FWIW I think we will draw with United on Sunday, and that you will beat a disinterested / hungover Villa. Placings between us will be down to a single goal GD or even GF, which is all pretty inconsequential in the scheme of things. If that comes to pass, I'll consider the clubs to have finished level - regardless of which way that goes.

Nobody here is going to lose sleep over it, either way. To be honest the only outcome of consequence of finishing a single place above Palace, is that you might disappear again for six months.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports