Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah agreed.

The main difference between the clubs is that every penny of Bloom's investment stays on the balance sheet.
You would need to go through every one of Palace's Financial statements for the past 14 years and tot up the pre-tax profit/loss values.
Pretty sure @El Presidente has nothing better to do :whistle:

(I know it looks like I'm trying to kiss El Pres, but I swear that's the whistling emoji)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pretty sure @El Presidente has nothing better to do :whistle:

(I know it looks like I'm trying to kiss El Pres, but I swear that's the whistling emoji)
True, but Chrystal Palace don’t have any accounts for some of those years because they were…ahem… in administration due to financial mismanagement. Therefore for the season before and during administration nothing was published, the former because the auditors were unpaid and the latter because there’s no statutory obligation during administration (although a receipts and payments account is produced).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
True, but Chrystal Palace don’t have any accounts for some of those years because they were…ahem… in administration due to financial mismanagement. Therefore for the season before and during administration nothing was published, the former because the auditors were unpaid and the latter because there’s no statutory obligation during administration (although a receipts and payments account is produced).
Yeah I'm not really thinking about before or during in administration (other than wondering how much got written off - Jordan says £50m to him). What's the total of their P&L since administration? ie, is Jordan correct that we've got where we are by spending £400m, while they've (no laughing) lived within their means?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Transfermarkt's valuations are always very low.
Particularly overseas players, signed from outside Europe

As an example
  • Enciso - €22.00m
  • Buonanotte - €12.00m
  • Pervis - €35.00m
  • Adingra - €25.00m
  • Joao Pedro - €35.00m
Our overall valuation suffers more than Palace's in this regard
They value Caicedo at €90m today but then this will be propped up in their algorithm that someone has paid £115m genuinely.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
They definitely have an algorithm based on the last known transfer fee.
Clearly they think his value has diminished in the last 15months
That or it is some pimply youth, sat in his bedroom, eating pizza, picking his nose and making up numbers.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well, who on earth do we want to win tomorrow? Marginally I’d go Palace as Chelsea are closer to us but it’s akin to which mate you want to catch knobbing your Mrs!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, who on earth do we want to win tomorrow? Marginally I’d go Palace as Chelsea are closer to us but it’s akin to which mate you want to catch knobbing your Mrs!
Draw please

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Oh how 'convenient' and so they can't (won't) give a comparable figure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still don't get the mental logistics.

We can't take care of our own business so what does it matter what Chelsea do?

palace relegation could be our only highlight this season = Chelsea win please.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The atmosphere at Selhurst could be even more toxic given Roy’s comments about the fans.

(Taken from MOTD Facebook page)

IMG_3574.jpeg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The atmosphere at Selhurst could be even more toxic given Roy’s comments about the fans.

(Taken from MOTD Facebook page)

View attachment 175466
I mean, the point he is trying to make is entirely reasonable. If he'd have said 'they're only going to be able to do that if the fans stick with us even when things aren't necessarily going our way, helping us to turn it around' he'd be making exactly the same point, it just wouldn't be so easy for the fans to act like he is attacking them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's easy - the weedeist one

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I’d go 0-0 IF there is a flurry of red cards for both sides and season ending injuries for three more Palace players…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here