Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Because no other club want to sign him?

He flopped at United and he has a bad attitude

Yeah there's that.

But seriously, Palace can't afford to increase their wage bill, Zaha knows he's going nowhere because palace over value him.
There will be plenty of clubs who will take him on a free at the end of next season and he'll pick up a decent signing on fee.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
You obviously didn't read that 150 word article.

Zaha might end his career there, if Viera is up to the job and Palace look like they can stay up.
No quote from Palace or Zaha. Just a journo guessing at what might happen.
You translate that to Zaha to sign a new contract in a couple of weeks?

Have you heard the term click-bait?

That's why I wrote 'could sign'

Woosman is very ITK in Palace matters as well.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Another excellent performance yesterday from a team mixed with first teamers and U23's, a 3-1 win away to Reading, a team who finished 7th in the Championship last season.

Weren't Reading massively weakened because they were without their very bestest player from last season?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
That's why I wrote 'could sign'

Woosman is very ITK in Palace matters as well.

In that case where does it say a new contract is being prepared, or Zaha has indicated that he would like a new contract. In fact in that article it says this

Like in the summer of 2019 and 2020, Zaha has told Palace he wants to depart and challenge himself in European football.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
In that case where does it say a new contract is being prepared, or Zaha has indicated that he would like a new contract. In fact in that article it says this

Like in the summer of 2019 and 2020, Zaha has told Palace he wants to depart and challenge himself in European football.

You have completed misconstrued what I wrote.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
You have completed misconstrued what I wrote.

You wrote.

He is loving life under Patrick Vieria apparently and even a new contract could be signed in the coming weeks.

Then linked the article that doesn't say either of those things. how is that misconstruing what you wrote?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Plenty of clubs would love to sign him but don't value him at the price we would consider selling for. It's quite simple really.

Sounds like a money grubbing prisoner to me with no foresight. If he had refused to sign a new contract when Prince Charming first put a stupid price on him he could have escaped at the end of the contract. Greed took over when nobody would pay the price and he lengthened his own prison sentence by agreeing a new contract with pay rise :lolol:

Seems to me that the only time he gives 100% on the pitch is when Palace play Brighton. I’ll give him that, he gets the rivalry :shrug:

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yeah there's that.

But seriously, Palace can't afford to increase their wage bill, Zaha knows he's going nowhere because palace over value him.
There will be plenty of clubs who will take him on a free at the end of next season and he'll pick up a decent signing on fee.

That’s great, when could we start negotiations for a pre signing deal ? He’d have to have a re think on his wage demands but I’d laugh oh how I’d laugh at their total despair, don’t know where we’d fit him in but the comedic value would be immense.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He's better than any player at your club, fact.

Failed over two years at a top club, excluding that has been a “big fish” in a small pond in a team that has won nothing. Check out his honours :lolol:
And you missed off the no dickheads statement, presumably you agree he is

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's better than any player at your club, fact.
I have long since learned that any statement ending , fact. - or sometimes . Fact. - is likely to be bullshit. This rarely turns out to be wrong, and today isn't one of those rare occasions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here