Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Eve

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m sitting this one out have to work am and frankly can’t be arsed with the sideshow we have to put up with playing those cnuts.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I tend to avoid NSC and any other social media in the build up. Anyone who doesn’t see this as the biggest match of the season…..well, I’m not falling out with anyone….however when people come on here moaning that it’s a shit atmosphere and no one sings blah de blah, ask yourself if you’re one of them that sees this as a “pointless rivalry” etc .
For me, it is a pointless rivalry. The squabbling between Venables and Mullery was 50 years ago and has no relevance to me. Before anyone else implodes, we're not arguing here about whether the sun rises in the east or the west, to which there's a verifiable right and wrong. We're talking individual experience and individual emotions. Like the previous poster, I've always disliked Chelsea more than any other football club. They've almost singlehandedly capsized football in this country, and deserve my contempt. No, they're not 'rivals' and I don't think that was ever suggested.

Like most football fans I have some limited affection and interest in a number of clubs, mostly based on places I've lived -- but I find it hard to truly dislike any club other than Chelsea. Any defeat for them cheers me up immensely.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Never mind Caicedo, Cucurella and Sanchez, the way they hollowed out our staff, Potter, Bruno etc, ran deep.

It has given me a great sense of satisfaction that Chelsea are still below us in the league. Then there's Astrid...
My dislike of Chelsea predates the recent spat by many years but the Potter/Caicedo thing certainly added even more fuel to the fire.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can't go now due to over running building works at home that I need to be here for. Tickets sold, hope I miss an absolute cracker!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
35 years ago, I shared a flat as a student, with a Palace fan who had a cardboard cutout of Terry Venables. He thought he was getting under my skin. I kind of went along with it.

These days, BHA have moved on. So have I. Our rivals today are different. I'm not telling you to change. I'm just giving my opinion.
Sorry to reply to my own post, but it wasn't 35 years ago. It was in 1980, so it was 44 years ago. The passage of time. Jesus.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
T'was the night before Palace
When all through the ground
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a bat
The poo bags were hung 'round changing rooms with care
Just in case the Palace coach driver were to appear.....

That's 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back! I can't rhyme mouse with bats. 🙅‍♀️

A week is a long time in football. Got back from Sheffield absolutely buzzing at one of the best days out in years and five goals away from home. This week has kicked the shit out of me. 4-0 to f**king Luton and a terribly non-existent transfer window where we got even weaker. I can't even think about tomorrow. 1-1 is still the statistically most likely result but I'm preparing for defeat and hoping for victory. We'll see.
100% my thoughts. Prepping/expecting shit but hoping to beat those ****s.

Bigger issues at the club have hoved into view this week, I don't think anyone was expecting that before Tuesday but the change in sentiment has been quite the most sudden and unexpected that I can remember for many a year

Yes, I kind of agree. Depends how we react tomorrow, play well n get a result, then we know it was a blip, play awfully again or struggle to score, we know something is seriously afoot.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think “hate “ is too strong a word. Can’t we just dislike them with a vengeance? Apologies, but with all the stuff going on in the World at the moment and having drunk too much red wine tonight, I just can’t do hate at the moment.
Hate, a word, nothing more. What next, a crime of dislike?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Hate, a word, nothing more. What next, a crime of dislike?
Hate is an emotive word. Sometimes even dangerous. It means something more than dislike. I lived in Germany and Switzerland for a number of years, and very quickly learnt that it’s not a word to use lightly, especially when talking about people and people-based entities like football clubs and political parties. There are cultural/historical reasons why Germans steer clear of it, and that’s stayed with me. I think it’s often used innocently - "I hate broccoli" - but for me it’s best not to use it when talking about people, even Palace fans or their club. YMMV.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I don't feel that Palace are our rivals any more. I don't even look for their result. I still want them to lose, but I don't care enough to actively go and look for their result.

For me, Chelsea are the new Palace.
Will always be palace for me, it's too deeply engrained in my blood for anyone else. Cmon let's do these bstds today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here