Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace earnt £77m this season

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I haven't missed the point at all.
I'm sure IF he wanted the PL that much, he would give his manager the financial clout to achieve it, and pay the fine when he got there. I'm not saying it's the right way to do it,but with more and more clubs receiving parachute payments, you are in danger of being left behind.
With the debt the Amex has burdened you with, and not many players he can sell to help balance the books,it could be an expensive few years for you.
Regarding us, I think the owners are being very prudent.
With one of the lowest wage bills in the league ( at the moment a £40 k a week ceiling) and posting a £23 mill profit for 2013/14, we are punching way above our weight.
The ground re development needs starting ASAP,we know it, and so do the owners. The proposed "takeover" has stalled,I believe, mainly due to Parish not wanting to hand over ownership.
Rumours that the Main stand will be started at the end of the new season, IF we stay up.

Keep it low, the actual lowest 'wage bill' gets relegated (Burnley) every single season, however talented the players

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Jealous of Palace? No, I wouldn't swap their club for ours for all the tea in China. A more soulless club you'd be hard-pressed to find.

I agree that they are based in the most soulless part of London (well it's not really London is it? That swathe of Croydon/Norwood/Fornton'eath, etc is fecking horrible), and they are very irritating, and their ground is horrible, and their chav "mob" when they come to Brighton is pathetic, but as a club they are not soulless. They've got a history, had character building terrible times, and fans who have got their singing act together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here