Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace earnt £77m this season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I stand to be corrected here bit do I recall one of those Seagull Player interviews where he was asked about selling ever. Whilst openly stating that it was not on the cards, I recall him saying he would not rule it out as ever happening.
Apologies if I am wrong.

He last commented on this i think last September at a club forum where he said he envisaged being chairman for "many, many years to come".

PS: TB would not get his money back or anywhere near if he sold the club. There really are better ways of making a profit from a £205m investment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not according to Stefan Coerts,the Dutch journo that was covering the story at the time,the whole deal falling through was instrumental at the time for Gus throwing His toys out the pram.

Gus was always throwing his toys out of the pram !
but yep. no worries. There are always different accounts to transfer dealings and why player x or y doesn't come to a club.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
He last commented on this i think last September at a club forum where he said he envisaged being chairman for "many, many years to come".

PS: TB would not get his money back or anywhere near if he sold the club. There really are better ways of making a profit from a £205m investment.

Thanks for that. I stand corrected.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You can probably add another £10 mill on that figure with gate receipts and sponsorship deals.
The reality is, all the time TB is more concerned in building his property portfolio than investing in the team, you could have a few more years of mediocrity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

If TB was to sell with us promoted to the Premier surely he would recoup at least all of his £205m outlay plus. Mind I am 72 and I dont see him doing it during my life time.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I have a club to go and watch in a lovely stadium, be it in the Prem or football league. That's enough for me. As a wise man once said "the only time you should look in to your neighbours bowl is to make sure he has enough."

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Sorry I think you missed the point, TB could not invest more due to FFP rules. Would not swap him for your owners, who never wanted to buy the club, have not really invested a lot and want to sell now. Difference is you got very lucky, all I know is that our future is very bright with our ground and infrastructure, your guys do not want to appear to invest any 'profit' into your ground etc would say that Is not a great long term policy for a community football club. Enjoy your time and money, but if not managed correctly then maybe some long term issues. .

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Christ on a bike, could you imagine the threads on here if we were ever to achieve the impossible?

'It's July and we haven't signed son of Messi, son of Ronaldo'

I have trouble coping with Michael Owen and a broken BZ.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Sorry I think you missed the point, TB could not invest more due to FFP rules. Would not swap him for your owners, who never wanted to buy the club, have not really invested a lot and want to sell now. Difference is you got very lucky, all I know is that our future is very bright with our ground and infrastructure, your guys do not want to appear to invest any 'profit' into your ground etc would say that Is not a great long term policy for a community football club. Enjoy your time and money, but if not managed correctly then maybe some long term issues. .

I haven't missed the point at all.
I'm sure IF he wanted the PL that much, he would give his manager the financial clout to achieve it, and pay the fine when he got there. I'm not saying it's the right way to do it,but with more and more clubs receiving parachute payments, you are in danger of being left behind.
With the debt the Amex has burdened you with, and not many players he can sell to help balance the books,it could be an expensive few years for you.
Regarding us, I think the owners are being very prudent.
With one of the lowest wage bills in the league ( at the moment a £40 k a week ceiling) and posting a £23 mill profit for 2013/14, we are punching way above our weight.
The ground re development needs starting ASAP,we know it, and so do the owners. The proposed "takeover" has stalled,I believe, mainly due to Parish not wanting to hand over ownership.
Rumours that the Main stand will be started at the end of the new season, IF we stay up.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Sorry we play by the rules and proud of that, we do
Not want or need to cheat to achieve the holy grail. I, like a lot of older fans are more than happy where we are as this is the best period in our history, so personally loving every minute of it, like you guys are as well. Enjoy your time as we all know things have a habit of changing round. Agree about the parachute payments though, what other sport or industry do you get rewarded for failure. It does make it very hard for us and other teams that have not been to the premiership, but I don't really worry too much,. Love going to the Amex and mixing with my mates of years and you can't beat that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Blimey, sad times when they've finished their Pot Noodles and have to reply to themselves on another club's forum.

Bombay Bad Boy, and it hit the spot.
It's funny, every time I post on a Palace thread, you're there with your rapier like "comebacks"
If wit was shit ....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm sure IF he wanted the PL that much, he would give his manager the financial clout to achieve it, and pay the fine when he got there. I'm not saying it's the right way to do it,but with more and more clubs receiving parachute payments, you are in danger of being left behind.
With the debt the Amex has burdened you with, and not many players he can sell to help balance the books,it could be an expensive few years for you.

Albion's managers, despite some of their comments, have had a fair amount of [financial] clout to help them achieve promotion which TB has subsidised and will continue to do so. But you should know its not purely down to that. Gus had a bigger wage bill than Holloway in 12/13 after all.
As for TB burdening the Albion. Thats a burden most clubs , including CPFC, would like to have.
But yep. Agreed you're doing a rather marvellous job of making a fist of it up there. Curses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If TB was to sell with us promoted to the Premier surely he would recoup at least all of his £205m outlay plus. Mind I am 72 and I dont see him doing it during my life time.

If West Brom and Villa are up for sale at £150m, and both are far more established in the PL than we are, how would TB get over £200m for the Albion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here