Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace down to ten early on

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Real test for palace on Boxing Day, if they manage to get a result at Cardiff I will concede that they may be in with a shout this season. It would be interesting to see what would happen in the unlikely event they got into the premiership. Financially they would not be able to compete with any but the bottom 3-5 in the premier league and a considerable portion of any extra income would have to go on players and wages to help them survive. A hopelessly outdated and facility bereft Selhurst park would prob average 22-24000 and that will not bring in enough money so they would almost certainly be relegation favourites form the off. If they did then get relegated I'm not sure the parachute payments would do anything but keep them just about debt free and competitive in the championship however I imagine none of this would bother any of the Nigels for a chance for one season in the PL and a go at the big boys. Best case scenario for us if they do go up is that they try and punch above their weight, spunk too much money get relegated and end up going bust again, happy days.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Hello wasn't so long ago that you lot were saying that Dougie Freedman was the best manager in the division. When you have to sell Zaha and Murray...don't deny it...it will happen...Murray and Zaha would sell their soul for more wages...yes it would leave you money....but as every team finds out,,,,buying a great striker does not come cheap....and when you get this money.....will your club do the honourable thing and pay off all the firms you ripped off....personally I doubt it...false dawn....

Dougie is a good manager but we don't have him any more. Fact is, he understands the physchy of the English game, the Engish players and the English mentality, even more commendable as he is a Jock. I'm not bitter about him going either, he sees Bolton as a step up, that's his perogative. I love the fact that Murray has been added to 'your' list of our future sales yet you forget that it's Bolassie who is our best player at the moment and has been for 4 or 5 weeks now. We also have Williams to come back whom you know all about as he ran the show at your place last year, our club Captain in the near future and Gabbidon is now fit. At a private meeting last night i was privvy to a conversation with Steve Parish and Ian Holloway whom both said that we are in negotitations to strengthen the squad in January, so if we go on what we have bought in this season so far, things will look even better. My gut instinct is that we will finish top 6, we've lost 1 in the last 20 but drawn 4/5, as soon as we rectify that, we'll be back on track.
The only 2 things you can throw at us now are crowds and administration, the crowds will come back (as you yourselves well know) if we continue to be successful but the administration was not our fault. The old company busted us, this one, business nouse wise-will not. Our new company have invested wisely, put plans into action that are bearing fruit, kept the academy running (which you yourselves will find out soon enough, costs a fortune) and are now in the later stages of purchasing our new training ground and still in deep negotiations to redevelop our existing ground. Things are looking up, you are ahead in one thing, and one thing only, you have a better ground.
My advice if i had to give it would be that a homegrown player is best, he is cheaper, he is on the whole more loyal and has an attitude that understands real fans.

Anyhow, Happy Christmas and may your New Year be a tad less prosperous than ours football wise but your personal more prosperous than the last.

PsychoPaul

Banned
Nov 7, 2012
29551_10151305345318724_135419247_n.jpg

I thought you Southerners would enjoy this pic

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Apart from Bolasie and Dikgacoi being possibly called up for African Cup of Nations duty I heard that Ivory Coast now want Winifred to play for them. Will Wurzel refuse them permission to play for their country ?

The only Palace player going to the AFCON is Dikgacoi as he's a key player for South Africa. Bolasie has said that he's flattered by the interest, but he wants to stay here and get Palace promoted instead of missing crucial games throughout January.

"You heard" that Ivory Coast want Wilfried to play for them? Well done on learning what the rest of us have known for over a year now :dunce:??? Doesn't make a difference. He won't go, and he'll be playing for England, not the IC.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The only Palace player going to the AFCON is Dikgacoi as he's a key player for South Africa. Bolasie has said that he's flattered by the interest, but he wants to stay here and get Palace promoted instead of missing crucial games throughout January.

"You heard" that Ivory Coast want Wilfried to play for them? Well done on learning what the rest of us have known for over a year now :dunce:??? Doesn't make a difference. He won't go, and he'll be playing for England, not the IC.

What ? You mean Seagull blah blah is talking bollocks ?
Well I never !!

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Real test for palace on Boxing Day, if they manage to get a result at Cardiff I will concede that they may be in with a shout this season. It would be interesting to see what would happen in the unlikely event they got into the premiership. Financially they would not be able to compete with any but the bottom 3-5 in the premier league and a considerable portion of any extra income would have to go on players and wages to help them survive. A hopelessly outdated and facility bereft Selhurst park would prob average 22-24000 and that will not bring in enough money so they would almost certainly be relegation favourites form the off. If they did then get relegated I'm not sure the parachute payments would do anything but keep them just about debt free and competitive in the championship however I imagine none of this would bother any of the Nigels for a chance for one season in the PL and a go at the big boys. Best case scenario for us if they do go up is that they try and punch above their weight, spunk too much money get relegated and end up going bust again, happy days.

really cant believe just how bitter and twisted you are tfc,you must really have a very sad life...but hey Merry Xmas !

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
You can't seriously say you dominated the game then? If it wasn't for speroni, town would have been up by three at half time. The second half was even Stephen as I saw it, and the sending off was very lame.

Hope you didn't get involved in the handbags with the town fans after the game...all a bit silly really.

forgive me if im wrong but surely thats WHY you have a goalkeeper in the team, something you weeds have only just discovered after some of the jokers you've had in goal. Even your new good one let in 3 the other week didn't he?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
really cant believe just how bitter and twisted you are tfc,you must really have a very sad life...but hey Merry Xmas !

That was a relatively polite post from me about your scummy little tinpot club, a club I would gleefully see go the same way as Pompey. Nothing sad about my life, what would be sad would be if I was posting crap on my main rivals message board at 8.30 in the morning on Xmas eve! However since I have never been on your BBS and never intend to I think that qualifies you for the Sad Nigel at Xmas award, well done.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
That was a relatively polite post from me about your scummy little tinpot club, a club I would gleefully see go the same way as Pompey. Nothing sad about my life, what would be sad would be if I was posting crap on my main rivals message board at 8.30 in the morning on Xmas eve! However since I have never been on your BBS and never intend to I think that qualifies you for the Sad Nigel at Xmas award, well done.

Someone's wound up! Deep breaths and count to 10, I will presume this advice worked and you resist replying

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
10 of the last 12 posts from palace which is handy as it adds a few more to my ignore list, tells you all you need to know about their obsession with us though, bless the needy little nigellas.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
10 of the last 12 posts from palace which is handy as it adds a few more to my ignore list, tells you all you need to know about their obsession with us though, bless the needy little nigellas.

A little ironic being that 60% of your last ten posts have been about Palace. Bless you needy weedy!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here