Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace bus

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We win at home for the first time in many years. The heavens open as Palace fans leave the stadium. An Argentinian scores two of the goals.

Coincidence?

popezaha.jpg

Sometime last week I pointed out that a South American Pope would bring in a new era for Uruguayan managers and Argentinian centre forwards in the Championship.....

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Most London clubs use Kings Ferry am surprised they didnt. Did they stay at East Sussex Golf Club Saturday night or the Travel Inn in London Rd.

They stayed at the travellers site at Patcham.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Must admit never really noticed the bus as I was enjoying the 3-0 win we had just accomplished rather easily without playing 10-men for 70-odd minutes and the need to dive twice to get 2 penalties

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh gosh no. I'd also like to talk about

-the header from Ulloa that set Buckley free to cross into the box, whereby Ulloa ran forty yards to get on the end of it and score via his head and knee.

-the lovely pinpoint free kick that Spanish Dave blew Speroni away with

-the beautiful passing move that set up our third goal

-the thundering tackle by Greer that cleaned Zaha out completely

-the fact that Holloway took (IMHO) Palace's best player off at half time and replaced him with, amongst others, the anonymous Kevin Phillips

-the fact that Murray (always scores against us) and Phillips (always scores against us) didn't score against us

-the fact that Holloway (always beats us) didn't beat us

-Holloway moaning about the roof and the fact that his coat got wet :cry:

-Zaha's stampy little Tiny Tears tantrums

-singing "Glad Ulloa" to Palace fans on the train

-the moment when Parr ran all the way down the wing unchallenged, sliced the ball out of play and then fell over

-Parr otherwise being owned by our wingers

-Damien Delaney getting into an argument on Twitter with your own fans

-Holloway's tactical genius in switching Zaha from Calderon's side of the pitch (whom he seemed to have the beating of) to Bridge's side (where he disappeared entirely)

-Mother Nature further enhancing the day for us by producing a rainstorm of Noah's Ark proportions just as the away fans were leaving the ground

-oh, and the fact that the abysmal injustice of the officials awarding Palace a first half goal kick when the entire population of the Amex, including all twenty two players, your fans, our fans, the six year old match mascots, Gully, everybody sitting on both teams' benches and Wardy, the stadium cat, was waiting for an Albion corner, was rectified within moments by our first goal.

I can think of some more, if you like :thumbsup:

I am not sure if it is just the subject matter, or simply the way it is written, but that has to be up there with my favourite NSC posts of all time. CLASS

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Did anyone else think that the bus that Palace travelled down on looked like an MOT failure. Looked nothing like the swanky ones we usually see at the Amex for the away teams. :albion2::albion2:

I remarked that it looked sh**e before the game and after once they put the lights on it looked like a ... caravan!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We past it going through Lewes tunnel before the game, saw Crystal Palace in dot matrix on the front and assumed it was a supporters coach until we saw it parked near the north stand when we got to the ground. Don't know why they came that way, unless they stayed the night at Sussex National maybe.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As we wandered out of the WSU at least half an hour after the game, Palace were loading up the bus with kit etc.

They loaded two rubbish wheelie bins out, I presume they are used for ice baths?

Zaha was having his picture taken etc, so I did get the chance to ask him what it was like spending the afternoon in Bridge's pocket. If looks could kill.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Can I just back up on Ednas post?

Is there really a stadium cat?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Watching the subs warm up, the palace lads had filthy tired old bibs on........it sort of summed up the difference between us these days. Parish and his mates need to start putting a bit of cash into that club.

I thought this. Looked like a dog and duck 11 - very tin pot

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have no idea what the Palace bus was like, but I saw they forgot to park it, and they got spanked 3 nil.

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Bromleys full of millwall and croydons half chelsea. And very very important croydon and half bromley is ethnics muslims and africans etc dont go football.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I just back up on Ednas post?

Is there really a stadium cat?

:)

I have no idea. I would very much like there to be one. And for it to be called something suitably Albion.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Noticed that too. Looked like a shoddy rail replacement effort. Wasn't going to mention it, but seeing as we're on the subject :lolol:

SHODDY - a word not often used but one of my favourite words!!

My Dad always uses it when returning an item to a shop. Demanding a refund for shoddy goods.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
saw them delivering Papa John's pizzas on board before they drove off.......... couldn't afford Domino presumably? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here