Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace "boys" meeting in polegate

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Was told by the new landlord of the Dinkum 3 weeks ago that the same palace chaps that were in there last season had phoned and asked if he could open early for them , I pointed out that they weren't actually a family group and as polegate station catered for a lot of family fans on match day it probably wasnt a great idea . His attitude was that he couldn't turn down the pay day if they turned up ! So make your own minds up if you wish to fill the pub's coffers in the future........

And you waited till now to let this cat out of the bag? :D

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why choose Polegate? Let alone use one of the worst pubs there. Perhaps they're just hiding.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
Not surprised at this at all. They did the very same thing last season. Couldn't believe my eyes when I rounded the corner to go to the station and saw 30+ plus SE 'tards all pissing it up in the front beer garden.

Will be getting earlier train today methinks...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I'd be shitting myself if I were a palace fan as @daffyduck is coming in from polegate and she's the last thing ANY Palace fans want is meeting her on a train!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
didn't see them in the Cinque ports last year then Doug :facepalm:

No, I was in the Sportsman. The ones on the train made me laugh, they tried to sing anti-Brighton songs but kept getting the words wrong.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I can confirm I have not seen any palace fans this morning, whilst looking out of Chucky towers, are they hiding?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
No I don't think I am. Pretty sure a place in Polegate has a pikey site

Yep. Pollyarch.

I will be gettinv the train from polegate. Bet the scum will be hiding and quiet as they will be totally outnumbered at polegate is a very popular station for brighton fans.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
What a little busybody you are. Have you thought of becoming a mod? A few away fans want a drink in a pub miles away from Brighton and you want to ruin his business? Scaremongering idiot.

Well put.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So because some Palace fans will be having a drink in Polegate before a match, its their "boys" and they will cause trouble ?

Jesus wept, if they want trouble they almost certainly wouldnt start it in quiet Polegate.

The same could be said about sleepy Seaford on a quiet Tuesday day time in Sept 11.

With Police monitoring the obvious bigger and nearby towns, looks like knuckle draggers are fuelling up on booze elsewhere.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
be interesting if Dinkum did open early, since its often closed early. get the impression they're abit half hearted in there.

steve-c

i have just seen a palace fan all decked out in colours in ramsgate, think he was lost, i explained that he needs to be in sunny sussex to which he laughed and informed me he was on his way , you have been warned, oh he was about 50 so obviously an ex top boy :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here