Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace at home - 15/03/23

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There’s not much choice other than to join in. It feels so forced. i‘d much rather just leave it to the fans to create the atmosphere.
Sorry I don’t quite understand by not much choice …you either do because you like it….or don’t because you don’t want to…..you can still applaud the players off the pitch……if we played that after we’d lost, now that’s another matter

Bringing a drum in which Arsenal have now done to help generate an atmosphere…now that is contrived

How anyone (not you) can worry about it in the event of a win over Palace is beyond me…but their choice

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Coming down from Kensington. My mistake should"ve stayed in LA tonight. Last season made same mistake and coming down the train it was fairly packed. Arrived at Brighton station and a few Palace started mouthing off and it kicked off literally as soon as train pulled up. Police were past the barriers and bizarely appeared it looked like they had to ask rail staff to open the barriers. Do they not pass a physical fit test so they can jump the barriers? There were police on board the London train after chelski post-match, but I cant recall any on the train to Brighton for Palace. Might be length and busy train I never noticed any. I suppose they cant be everywhere. Im expecting to be greeted by a handful of dogs and riot police.I think Palace were drinking in Evening Star as the police were stopping anyone going down there. Clearly didnt want any Brighton fans to 'ambush' them.I hope the stadium entry isnt OTT and not too delayed. Expect pyros still get in from the scum though.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Deflating thought. Why in gods name did the club think this was needed - who asked for it!? No-one I'm pretty certain
Pr
Sorry I don’t quite understand by not much choice …you either do because you like it….or don’t because you don’t want to…..you can still applaud the players off the pitch……if we played that after we’d lost, now that’s another matter

Bringing a drum in which Arsenal have now done to help generate an atmosphere…now that is contrived

How anyone (not you) can worry about it in the event of a win over Palace is beyond me…but their choice
Some of the best scenes behind a goal are singing the team off after a glorious win. Not singing the same generic 90s pop every week in an attempt to be Brentford.

Oh well, irrelevant tonight as we'll soccer those bastards to death, 1-1

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Pr

Some of the best scenes behind a goal are singing the team off after a glorious win. Not singing the same generic 90s pop every week in an attempt to be Brentford.

Some of the most enjoyable moments post match have been three stands joining in post match celebrations..from my vantage point…still if we win tonight I’ll spare a thought for those suffering 😉

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Pr

Yep. Just no need to add the shit music - god knows whose bright idea it was. It's always been great singing the team off when we win.

As you say - probably won't be needed tonight anyway

Nicks

Looks like the kids got out of school early yesterday
Screenshot_2023-03-15-10-07-53-21_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-15-10-07-53-21_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Coming down from Kensington. My mistake should"ve stayed in LA tonight. Last season made same mistake and coming down the train it was fairly packed. Arrived at Brighton station and a few Palace started mouthing off and it kicked off literally as soon as train pulled up. Police were past the barriers and bizarely appeared it looked like they had to ask rail staff to open the barriers. Do they not pass a physical fit test so they can jump the barriers? There were police on board the London train after chelski post-match, but I cant recall any on the train to Brighton for Palace. Might be length and busy train I never noticed any. I suppose they cant be everywhere. Im expecting to be greeted by a handful of dogs and riot police.I think Palace were drinking in Evening Star as the police were stopping anyone going down there. Clearly didnt want any Brighton fans to 'ambush' them.I hope the stadium entry isnt OTT and not too delayed. Expect pyros still get in from the scum though.
Sadly the days of Starsky and Hutch have long since gone.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Does anyone know what time the Palace will be at the station after the game and which platform (to Brighton? to Lewes?) will be given over to their train...?

Not sure whether usual approach of having a couple of beers at the ground and going down to station around 45 minutes after final whistle is going to be optimal tonight. Might be a quick get away from NW corner would work better? Obvs depends a bit on what happens in the match.

Southern website shows trains at 21.40, 22.08 and 22.39 FMR to EBN direct and 23.01 FMR to EBN with change at Lewes. Will these be the only trains running East around that time or will there be any extra ones? Grateful for info. Would normally just get on with it (it is what it is...) but with junior in tow on school night would like to take best options.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Does anyone know what time the Palace will be at the station after the game and which platform (to Brighton? to Lewes?) will be given over to their train...?

Not sure whether usual approach of having a couple of beers at the ground and going down to station around 45 minutes after final whistle is going to be optimal tonight. Might be a quick get away from NW corner would work better? Obvs depends a bit on what happens in the match.

Southern website shows trains at 21.40, 22.08 and 22.39 FMR to EBN direct and 23.01 FMR to EBN with change at Lewes. Will these be the only trains running East around that time or will there be any extra ones? Grateful for info. Would normally just get on with it (it is what it is...) but with junior in tow on school night would like to take best options.
Lots of lazy teachers are striking today and tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here