Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace are gonna get...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why encourage the palace trolls on here with another Palarse thread? We need to concentrate on ourselves at the mo - lets just forget palace for a min shall we? Every day on NSC there's some Palace thread and its getting annoying tbh.. Esp the palarse drips that live on here all over it...
What I should have written.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks for the contribution . Fact is we are doing rather well and some of your fairer minded fans have acknowledged this .

Absolutely I agree - and credit where it's due - Franchise CPFC 2010 have had a good season and I tip my hat. The only negative I've ever noted on the franchise is that they were involved in one of the luckiest promotions ever known - but they've taken advantage of it. Also deserve credit for starting to make a better model in their 5 year history - they're prob in a par with Franchise MK Dons who have done something similar in league 1. I don't like franchise football myself but I think the odd thing they've bougjt to soccer has been good - a designated, co-ordinator clapper is a breath of fresh air and that fella deserves full credit for his 5 years service...

Oh Yeh and I think I told u not to quote me. Oh and this is a BHAFC football message board - you replied to me within about 5 mins - it's a Sat night - go hire a brass or something ffs..!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Absolutely I agree - and credit where it's due - Franchise CPFC 2010 have had a good season and I tip my hat. The only negative I've ever noted on the franchise is that they were involved in one of the luckiest promotions ever known - but they've taken advantage of it. Also deserve credit for starting to make a better model in their 5 year history - they're prob in a par with Franchise MK Dons who have done something similar in league 1. I don't like franchise football myself but I think the odd thing they've bougjt to soccer has been good - a designated, co-ordinator clapper is a breath of fresh air and that fella deserves full credit for his 5 years service...

Oh Yeh and I think I told u not to quote me. Oh and this is a BHAFC football message board - you replied to me within about 5 mins - it's a Sat night - go hire a brass or something ffs..!

You really are a Prince Charming aren't you image.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was thinking through our 'pace' issues.

Clearly it's been like this since Falmer.
Other than fleeting Buckley cameos we have steadfastly resorted to possession football.

I guess I'm wondering:-
Over the last 4 seasons has Championship football got quicker?
Have we got that much slower?
Hindsight being the wondrous thing it is, is the current situation the obvious and natural conclusion to the style championed at the beginning of the AMEX era?

I'm going to exclude Sami from my generalisations as he did seem to want to up our game.
Sure he didn't have the players.
The tactical awareness.
The coaching ability.
Any experience around him.
Or a creditably game plan.

But he did want us attacking in the final third (just a shame he wanted to do it with the defenders :lol:)

I think football moves in cycles, a few years ago it was all about Barca and the tika taka style, total possession , total domination, something we emulated on a very small but reasonably succesful scale under Poyet. The current trend seems to be pace, furious pace, something we are lacking in abundance. I dunno, just my thoughts, I think I just have a perverse liking for rapid players.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I'm willing to bet things will unravel next season, Pardew is a complete clown. That said their chairman seems quite proactive in making changes etc when things start to go wrong.

Well the way Newcastle United under their owner,maybe some of The Magpies fans would prefer the 'complete clown back ?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
That's rich you think Parisians are northerners :lolol:

that would be being polite down here,go abit further south around Perpignan and Barcelona is considersed as there capital

the English are OK'ish,but parisians can get ****ed

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
that would be being polite down here,go abit further south around Perpignan and Barcelona is considersed as there capital

the English are OK'ish,but parisians can get ****ed
On the way to Falmer last night out of nowhere Jnr asked what I would spend £53m on :shrug:.
I've been in my own little world from the moment I rekindled my 'nice second home in St Girons' fantasy.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
On the way to Falmer last night out of nowhere Jnr asked what I would spend £53m on :shrug:.
I've been in my own little world from the moment I rekindled my 'nice second home in St Girons' fantasy.

my wife has family in the Ariège

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
my wife has family in the Ariège
We had a lovely restaurant lunch on a decking, in spring, over the river as the snow melt was thundering down below us.
You could almost cut the fresh air!!
As I say I'm currently stuck in a fantasy that's knocking spots off reality.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Palace are now in the top 40 of the riches clubs in the world

From administration to that in 5 years, pretty good going and shows the system can be worked with the right structure in place.

Pardew's appointment was very shrewd from the Palace board, mugging Man U for Zaha, Murray for nothing the list goes on..

The Geordie's were celebrating in the fact they had got rid of Pardew with a compo payment, what they failed to realise Pardew is a good manager and more than good with the right support.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The Geordie's were celebrating in the fact they had got rid of Pardew with a compo payment, what they failed to realise Pardew is a good manager and more than good with the right support.

This.

Unfortunately their problems are due more due to the way the club is run, not the manager, in hindsight he was doing a fairly reasonable job there, but Newcastle fans expect a lot, which is understandable since they are a big club that managed 50,000 a week in the championship.

Pistol Knight

Apr 7, 2014
This.

Unfortunately their problems are due more due to the way the club is run, not the manager, in hindsight he was doing a fairly reasonable job there, but Newcastle fans expect a lot, which is understandable since they are a big club that managed 50,000 a week in the championship.

Since when has having a 'more fans' made anyone a better team? do they (or you) get more points? what crowds did Blackburn get when they won the PL? Having just got back from yesterdays great win :) talking to the Newcastle supporters most actually supported Pardew and knew all along it was (C)Ashley, too late now...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here