Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace are gonna get...

Feb 14, 2010
Do you honestly think we are a club who will attract 28,000 next season hanging around the drainage end of the championship?

Well they have sold 20000 plus season tickets so a good season will see 28000 to 30000 sell outs, a poor season will see around 22000 to 25000 down the Albion. Better than numerous clubs in the top flight. Very lucky are the Albion with its fan base, especially given the dreadful side that we always have to put up with.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think this messageboard cares about their team than ours, and sometimes it shows.

At the end of the day, as a league fixture Albion v Palace:-

Was an irrelevance last season.
Is an irrelevance this season.
Will be an irrelevance next season.

Chances are, as the financial gulf widens it will be an irrelevance for more years than I'm prepared to predict, by virtue of the fact the number might not even be single digit.

But hey, if we want to trail them around like an annoying little sister, I guess there's no stopping us.

They are supposed to be our rivals, we don't often play them and when we do, in recent years, they generally come out in top. They also poached our best striker with our blessing. I am interested in how they get on. I love them to fail but admire what they have done since they beat us. The difference in the direction and application of the teams in the pitch is painful to watch. We are like a boat without oars at the moment but we have a great stadium and views of the shit on offer. They have a shithole but are enjoying great football. We waited for decades to compete in an equal footing and then fell flat on our faces when we got there.

They are supposed to be our rivals, we don't often play them and when we do, in recent years, they generally come out in top. They also poached our best striker with our blessing. I am interested in how they get on. I love them to fail but admire what they have done since they beat us. The difference in the direction and application of the teams in the pitch is painful to watch. We are like a boat without oars at the moment but we have a great stadium and views of the shit on offer. They have a shithole but are enjoying great football. We waited for decades to compete in an equal footing and then fell flat on our faces when we got there.
This!!!! Well said icy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might want to review that statement as it makes no sense.

Chances are that equal footing is decades away, so the 'rivalry' consists of 4 games in one season over a span of 30+ years.

Some on here from both sets of fans need to reset their definition of rivalry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Chances are that equal footing is decades away, so the 'rivalry' consists of 4 games in one season over a span of 30+ years.

Well I come from the seventies and eighties so have a different viewpoint to you. I don't blame younger fans for scratching their heads and thinking WTF though. Palace will always be our rivals to me even if we end up in League Two whilst they win the Champion's League ( with Glenn Murray as manager :wink:)

Do you not think we just folded and let Murray go? Oh I forgot you are in Team CMS so probably still think it was the right move :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well I come from the seventies and eighties so have a different viewpoint to you. I don't blame younger fans for scratching their heads and thinking WTF though. Palace will always be our rivals to me even if we end up in League Two whilst they win the Champion's League ( with Glenn Murray as manager :wink:)

Do you not think we just folded and let Murray go? Oh I forgot you are in Team CMS so probably still think it was the right move :rolleyes:
It's got fook all to do with who came next, Murray left and went to his next nearest club.
I have no idea why he left, or who's responsible for that decision, but he left.

I'm 45 years old so I know my way around the 'rivalry', I know it hasn't existed for 20 years.
I feel it's unlikely to exist for possibly as long as another 20 years.

I know this board creams itself over palace, and it's just all a little sad.
Granted not as sad as the palace fans here at 5pm on a Saturday evening.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Simple football still works no need for all these fancy formation , strong forward who can hold the ball up , bring others into play,mixed with pace all round him defences hate it
Murrays getting clever as he gets older and has bossed some of the better defenders in the premiership off late , I take my hate off to him after his knee injury

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Simple football still works no need for all these fancy formation , strong forward who can hold the ball up , bring others into play,mixed with pace all round him defences hate it
Murrays getting clever as he gets older and has bossed some of the better defenders in the premiership off late , I take my hate off to him after his knee injury

Pace is our Achilles heel, we never have more than one quick player available, usually it's none at all. It makes us easy to defend against, if and when on the odd occasion we break free we don't have a finisher available.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

SB stick to cycling mate

brighton-palace is a special game for both sets of fans

just because you don't feel it,doesn't mean it ain't there

I'm the wrong side of 50 and I still hate that club with a passion

I don't slag off selhurst or their team (players)

it's the rivalry that I enjoy and long may it continue

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
To be fair to Brighton you have just had a off season , all teams have them , maybe to many better players have moved on in to short a amount of time
Lancing should begin to produce in the next few season and the clubs infrastructure is second to none , I'm a firm believer every dog has it day , Brighton will bounce back you have just made a massive jump as a club in a very short time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pace is our Achilles heel, we never have more than one quick player available, usually it's none at all. It makes us easy to defend against, if and when on the odd occasion we break free we don't have a finisher available.
I was thinking through our 'pace' issues.

Clearly it's been like this since Falmer.
Other than fleeting Buckley cameos we have steadfastly resorted to possession football.

I guess I'm wondering:-
Over the last 4 seasons has Championship football got quicker?
Have we got that much slower?
Hindsight being the wondrous thing it is, is the current situation the obvious and natural conclusion to the style championed at the beginning of the AMEX era?

I'm going to exclude Sami from my generalisations as he did seem to want to up our game.
Sure he didn't have the players.
The tactical awareness.
The coaching ability.
Any experience around him.
Or a creditably game plan.

But he did want us attacking in the final third (just a shame he wanted to do it with the defenders :lol:)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB stick to cycling mate

brighton-palace is a special game for both sets of fans

just because you don't feel it,doesn't mean it ain't there

I'm the wrong side of 50 and I still hate that club with a passion

I don't slag off selhurst or their team (players)

it's the rivalry that I enjoy and long may it continue
I'm probably not explaining myself at all well, as I'll always have palace as my rival.
My pre teen kids 'hate' palace with a passion!

We're all on a downer this season, all the more galling because those northern monkeys doing so well.

I'd just like a tiny hint of reality to come into it, or else we just sound delusional when talking about 'who's got the more points over a season', et al.

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I'm willing to bet things will unravel next season, Pardew is a complete clown. That said their chairman seems quite proactive in making changes etc when things start to go wrong.

I think Mr bloom is quite proactive when things go wrong ( don't think supa Al is a clown either ) .

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I do think that we will soon dwindle down to 10 or 11 k attendances should this crap continue.

Fellow East Prestonite, take a walk down the beach and get some air into your lungs.
We have sold over 20,000 st's for next season, things have been bad this season but can surely only get better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why encourage the palace trolls on here with another Palarse thread? We need to concentrate on ourselves at the mo - lets just forget palace for a min shall we? Every day on NSC there's some Palace thread and its getting annoying tbh.. Esp the palarse drips that live on here all over it...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why encourage the palace trolls on here with another Palarse thread? We need to concentrate on ourselves at the mo - lets just forget palace for a min shall we? Every day on NSC there's some Palace thread and its getting annoying tbh.. Esp the palarse drips that live on here all over it...

Thanks for the contribution . Fact is we are doing rather well and some of your fairer minded fans have acknowledged this .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here